Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
4YGywZg.jpg

dnUepio.jpg

Amazing track :bowdown:

About hardcore handling. I thought that One:1 would be impossible to drive. It isn't. I only have to brake waaaay earlier.

Last edited:
These are a lot of fun with plenty of advertising boards to clobber as well as wheelie bins :D Fifteen replays saved already, so time to jump onto photo mode.

So after a little bit of testing between standard and hardcore mode, here's what I have to say about it.

Car of choice: Chevrolet Camaro
Track: Scotland Wester Ross

In Hardcore mode, the car feels a lot heavier. Almost as if it weights close to 1900kg's :D
As a result, it takes a lot longer for it to slow down, and unlike the standard driving model, you have to be careful not to lock up the brakes, as you'll just end up slamming into the walls. The steering is also a lot less instant, and oversteer from too much throttle input is a lot more obvious. It's just a much more involving experience, but also noticeable slower. After several laps, I was able to get in the high 2.14's. You can definately do it faster, but by comparision, I did a 2.02 on my first go in standard mode, and that wasn't even a remotely good lap.

I think wheel users will get the most out of it, as not applying full brakes is actually a thing now. But regardless of your control type, I can see a lot of fun to be had with this. It makes me miss my Thrustmaster T500.

I'll have a go with Hardcore mode when I get home. Just a quick download, some lunch, finish up homework then let the experimenting begin :mischievous:

No sign of the update here in SE Asia.
How do I get the update, or find out when it'll be released?

@Jawehawk does the handling mode alter AI speed, or does it basically make you helpless for career mode races and only able to race without AI?

Didn't think about that. I'll do a few races and get back to you.

Edit: I can confirm that the Hardcore mode applies to the AI as well, both in single races and in tour races. In fact, I suspect that the Hardcore mode AI might be a bit easier. I tested it with a one make Aston Martin Vantage race on Professional difficulty on Wester Ross, and then a one make with the Camaro on Legend difficulty. Both races I won, but not with a landslide or anything. The Aston Martin handles a lot closer to it's standard counterpart, which makes me suspect that the heavier cars are the ones most affected by the Hardcore driving mode.

I then did the 458 one make in the Red Line tour, and came 3rd. The AI was definately having to adhere to the same limitations that I did, and I witnessed one AI driver ram into a wall in a tight U-turn, before pretty much doing the same myself. Important to note that the other cars that I could see at the time, did not crash into the wall, so it's not a consistant problem for the AI in general.

Last edited:
Elite Levels are far too easy, the tracks are too short for my liking would have preferred 1 big track. Still can't grumble.

No sign of the update here in SE Asia.
How do I get the update, or find out when it'll be released?

Check Driveclub's Twitter page if others have the same problem. SE Asia has been a bit late when it comes to getting updates. Mine haven't seen any update too. Might come around 12AM GMT+8.

Also, loving the update. I will definitely buy the pack, but not the bikes as I've only tried the free one and it doesn't gel with me yet.

Only had time for a three minute test of the update now before I go out. My worst worry was averted - hardcore mode also applies to the AI, and seemingly in a quite natural way in terms of handling rather than just artificially slowing them down.

I did a race on Putre in a BMW M4, pro AI, and while I did embarrassingly finish last due to a couple of major braking miscalculations, I could keep up with and overtake AI drivers.

Hardcore mode seems to work fine on a pad (I use motion controls), although it will be interesting to see if some cars become a bit too much of a handful.

That photo mode extra long and close zoom addition is bleedin' brilliant! It's almost like we have a few new filters with how the zoom can affect the image 👍

Check Driveclub's Twitter page if others have the same problem. SE Asia has been a bit late when it comes to getting updates. Mine haven't seen any update too. Might come around 12AM GMT+8.

Also, loving the update. I will definitely buy the pack, but not the bikes as I've only tried the free one and it doesn't gel with me yet.

Seems as though Malaysia is a bit behind in releasing this update.
NO doubt we'll get it soon!

Only had time for a three minute test of the update now before I go out. My worst worry was averted - hardcore mode also applies to the AI, and seemingly in a quite natural way in terms of handling rather than just artificially slowing them down.

I did a race on Putre in a BMW M4, pro AI, and while I did embarrassingly finish last due to a couple of major braking miscalculations, I could keep up with and overtake AI drivers.

Hardcore mode seems to work fine on a pad (I use motion controls), although it will be interesting to see if some cars become a bit too much of a handful.

That is the best news of everything today. Thanks!

Imagine a rally game with DC's engine. I think EVO would be capable to create the most beautiful offroad racer to date.

We do know that EVO works on DC VR but do you guys think the team is working is something new as well?
Problem with Rally on this engine is 30fps. Going from PCars and Forza to Driveclub is a really jarring experience and it takes a while until you get used to the framerate. Imagine going from silky smooth 60fps Dirt Rally in April to DC Rally? Wouldnt be a nice experience.

I have to disagree. Rally works perfectly fine with 30fps. I think the 60 fps is highly overrated.
Overratted what? It's silky smooth compared to 30fps and much more responsive...Do you tell those lucky enough that own beasts of computers that their racing game at 120fps is overrated compared to 30fps? :lol:

Back