Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 243 comments
I tried beta 7 yesterday and beta 8 today, CSL DD + Hori pad, now I have a new issue, in menus you can see the cursor drifting to the bottom right, while racing that means the view is always looking to the right, if I take my wheel rim off and put it back on it fixes the issue for a maybe a minute.

I just updated my drivehub with the new version 2.08.beta 8 and I don't feel any difference with the FFB, it's exactly the same as 2.08.beta 7. I don't know if there is still that slowdown but as far as the FFB is concerned it is exactly the same. I use a Thrustmaster TSXW on PS4. 😞

I emailed their support late last week to confirm compatibility (TM 500RS / GT7 / PS5) and they said that it’s not officially supported and that people were reporting some issues (I’ve seen others report the lack of FFB on curbing). I’m holding out hope they can work out the kinks because the G923 I got while I wait is like a kid’s toy compared to the TM 500.
I get FFB on curbing with the T500/GT7/PS5. However when compared to playing the PS4 version, the FFB on curbing is stronger.

I think the T500/GT7/PS5 with the drivehub produces some artificial FFB that doesn't exist, for example when taking corners sharply there is some type of grinding noise.

Last edited:
I get FFB on curbing with the T500/GT7/PS5. However when compared to playing the PS4 version, the FFB on curbing is stronger.

I think the T500/GT7/PS5 with the drivehub produces some artificial FFB that doesn't exist, for example when taking corners sharply there is some type of grinding noise.
Thanks for the info. If they can’t get this sorted out in the next few weeks, I think it’s time for me to look into a Fanatec wheel or something.

Your video looks pretty good. That would be the benefit of a native wheel I suppose. I guess you are showing this because of the notch or click sound we're hearing. I don't think that is unique to GT7 but in fact to the wheelbase itself. It has been discussed quite a bit on the Fanatec forum. I'm sure you're probably aware.

I've installed the latest Drivehub firmware. Definitely a noticeable improvement. I still see some slight stuttering and it doesn't even have to be a busy car corner, just be busy scenery trying to flow thru. I was able to calm it down quite a bit by changing to "race info only" in display settings. I imagine this will smooth out over time with more Drivehub and GT7 updates. Maybe even some PS5 updates that could potentially turn up some performance on the machine itself. All in all I'm pretty happy where it's at for now. Happy racing.

Your video looks pretty good. That would be the benefit of a native wheel I suppose. I guess you are showing this because of the notch or click sound we're hearing. I don't think that is unique to GT7 but in fact to the wheelbase itself. It has been discussed quite a bit on the Fanatec forum. I'm sure you're probably aware.

I've installed the latest Drivehub firmware. Definitely a noticeable improvement. I still see some slight stuttering and it doesn't even have to be a busy car corner, just be busy scenery trying to flow thru. I was able to calm it down quite a bit by changing to "race info only" in display settings. I imagine this will smooth out over time with more Drivehub and GT7 updates. Maybe even some PS5 updates that could potentially turn up some performance on the machine itself. All in all I'm pretty happy where it's at for now. Happy racing.
Most of the sound is actually coming from my rig
and brake lol. It gets the job done but there is definetly sturdier rigs out there. Also i am not sure if my Elite LC pedals use my pc settings, cause i lowered brake force to around 60/70kg on there but on PS i feel like the whole 90kg might be required, really having to stomp the brakes to reach max brake force in GT7.

Last edited:
I don't know what it will be like in Fanatec but in Thrustmaster, the update to the Drivehub 2.08 beta 8 hasn't changed the FFB. I feel it equal to 2.08 beta 7. The kerps are not felt and the FFB is very low.

Attachments

• EADAF554-B2E7-4DF0-B10D-EFADCA48CB46.jpeg
    EADAF554-B2E7-4DF0-B10D-EFADCA48CB46.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 42
Anybody have a Thrustmaster 500RS that has grabbed the latest DriveHub firmware and can comment on where it stands with the PS5?
I have not noticed any difference with the previous Drive Hub Firmware. Either way in my opinion the Drive Hub is a good investment for T500RS owners. For example the TH8A can be plugged into the accessory port and one can play the PS4 version of GT7 on a PS5 with native T500 support and the ability to use the TH8A.

I am also sure the TP3A/(Pro) Pedals and the TH8A could be connected to the accessory port with an adapter, and then something like the Fanatec DD Pro could be used via the Drive Hub with native support.

I have not noticed any difference with the previous Drive Hub Firmware. Either way in my opinion the Drive Hub is a good investment for T500RS owners. For example the TH8A can be plugged into the accessory port and one can play the PS4 version of GT7 on a PS5 with native T500 support and the ability to use the TH8A.

I am also sure the TP3A/(Pro) Pedals and the TH8A could be connected to the accessory port with an adapter, and then something like the Fanatec DD Pro could be used via the Drive Hub with native support.
Thanks!

I got the DriveHub and a T500RS.
The FFB in GT7 with DriveHub is not good as already mentioned itt.
I just play the GT4 version now, the FFB makes such a huge difference.
Somebody has mentioned getting a copy of GT7 for the PS4 and playing that on the PS5 and then it should work again and my progress carries over. I might do that until DriveHub gets sorted out.

I have been playing for around 3 hours, GT7/PS5/Drive Hub, and I have turned the force feedback to 10 in game. If there are no further updates to the Drive Hub for the TS500, I can honestly say any future updates would be considered a 'nice to have'.

Only issues so far with the above combination is there is a grinding noise, or artifical FFB when turning sharply and the FFB will stop functioning all together randomly. To kick the FFB into action is to simply pause the game and then press continue. Since the latest Drive Hub update I have not needed to close the game and reopen to activate the FFB, perhaps I have been lucky.

Last edited:
Somebody has mentioned getting a copy of GT7 for the PS4 and playing that on the PS5 and then it should work again and my progress carries over. I might do that until DriveHub gets sorted out.

Are you sure progress carries over? I heard you have to start over.

I have the 25th anniversary edition and dummy me has yet to still figure out how to run the PS4 version on my PS5 🤔

I prefer not to buy a brand new wheel, my T500 has been reliable for me, and my drive hub hasn't been shipped yet. 😫

Are you sure progress carries over? I heard you have to start over.

I have the 25th anniversary edition and dummy me has yet to still figure out how to run the PS4 version on my PS5 🤔

I prefer not to buy a brand new wheel, my T500 has been reliable for me, and my drive hub hasn't been shipped yet. 😫
According to somebody on Facebook, it does… and this article also suggests it does (“cross progression”).

Trophies might not cross over.

I think I’ll buy the PS4 version and keep advancing that way and that’ll let PD / Sony / TM / DriveHub get their act(s) together.

Please report back about the PS4 version being used on the PS5 and how that works. I'd be interested to know if you have any lag issues as well.

Drivehub working like a charm now on GT7 with todays firmware update.

My setup;

PS5
Drivehub + Nacon controller
CSL DD + Formula V2 rim
CSL Elite LC pedals

Got the Drivehub in Fanatec mode and the CSL DD in Compatibilty mode and using Fanatec's recommended settings for DD Pro.

Everything works. The FFB is there and it feels great also the buttons and the lights on the wheel all seem to be working as intended.
Hey bro, I also have PS5 +CSL DD + Formula V2 rim and I can't change to Fanatec mode. It's the 4 & 5 right? When press both botton it just takes a screen shot. No LEDs also

Last edited:
Hey bro, I also have PS5 +CSL DD + Formula V2 rim and I can't change to Fanatec mode. It's the 4 & 5 right? When press both botton it just takes a screen shot. No LEDs also
I am not sure exactly what button 4&5 are. I think i used the buttons on my wired nacon controller for that.

Anyone with legacy BMW M3 GT2 and F1 Clubsport formula?
I can't switch to Fanatec mode as both of my wheels have the legacy buttons assignment with the "press touchpad" button mapped instead of the "share" one.

So I'm still having lag issues in some places. Even after the DriveHub update and GT7 update. It's better but still present. It's seems worse in the rain. Is everyone experiencing about the same?

So I'm still having lag issues in some places. Even after the DriveHub update and GT7 update. It's better but still present. It's seems worse in the rain. Is everyone experiencing about the same?
Yes, I did email them, i would suggest doing the same, enough reports will lead to some firmware updates.

I just emailed them as well. Thanks.

[Update]: I received a pretty quick reply from CollectiveMinds.

"Thank you John for your warm words of support. The Drive Hub team is looking into the lag issue coming from GT7 to try and find the root course of it and resolve it."

Last edited:
hello

i would like to know what i should have to play gt7 on ps5 with a ts xw +wheel sparco p1000+ tclm

i need just drivehub or something else?

and is it works well?

hello

i would like to know what i should have to play gt7 on ps5 with a ts xw +wheel sparco p1000+ tclm

i need just drivehub or something else?

and is it works well?

Hi! I’m new on the community and with the topic in general but from what the OP said it seems is required a hori wired ps4 controller to play in ps5, I just bought mine and if drivehub arrives on time will try the setup this weekend with a TX leather + t3pa pedals and with my old CSR + CSR elite pedals or even a combinations of both!

Back