Drivehub - PS5 (GT7)

• Thread starter regnar
  • 243 comments
How does one get the beta version? I didn’t see a place to get the beta version(s) via the update tool.
There's a drop down in the updater where you can specify what version you want to flash to the drivehub. It defaults to the latest non-beta version, but you can change it.

There's a drop down in the updater where you can specify what version you want to flash to the drivehub. It defaults to the latest non-beta version, but you can change it.
Thanks a bunch. I’m pretty handy with computers, etc., but I just got the hub this evening and haven’t had a whole lot of time to tinker with it. Just hopped in the bed, but I’ll give it a whirl tomorrow and post my results. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I use t500rs also, but if i pause the game i loose all ffb, does this happen to you?
Just coming to share my experience with a tx leather set + drivehub + hori mini:

It works well, however randomly some races feedback stop working and the next race/license test start working again, I think to be honest I felt a similar issue with the ps5 haptic feedback controller, anybody else has a similar issue/is a known bug?

Aside of that very good, just minor issues around the button mapping on the menus but nothing major :)
Hey, i have the drive hub in combination with the t500 rs - it works BUT drives me NUTS. The Forcefeedback fades many times - while switching a car, while pressing start sometimes, switching to new races and so on, so i have to plug it in again and again and again. At some days (using it for about a month now) it works flawless, at other days, its horrible cause i had to plug it and out about 20-30 times just for a race. Dont imagine how "peeped" up it is if you just want to do settings at your car and the damn wheel stops forcefeedback (forcefeedback in corners and blocking tires "vibration). Im very stressed with this and thinking about a official licensed wheel cause i dont also know how good the drivehub is working. Using a t500rs with CM-hub will "emulate" a t300rs. I also tried the GT7 Ps4 version, where the force feedback is more stronger in standard settings for sure, but i feel it reacts in an other way, maybe cause gt7 ps5 gives better feedback to the wheel (?!?!), or new tech, i dunno. Ps5 GT7 is no alternative for me. Pluggin in the drive hub thousand times neither, it will break no question.
For real sim racing you need a bunch of money.... - oh for sure im using a 3rd party controller for the drivehub (tested 2 different nacon controller)
My next step while now is it, to test the beta driver of the drivehub to get it running....... -> NUTS
will update...
I have the same issues as the above. Just got my Drive Hub yesterday. With 2.07 FW, it was about 25% to 40% of the force feedback I was used to on my Thrustmaster 500 RS. Updated to the latest beta version and the first few races, it was rock solid. I would say 100% of the strength of force feedback I was used to. Then if I restarted the race -- at random -- the FF would essentially go dead. Less than 10% of the resistance / FF I was used to. At random, restarting the race would restore the FF to the level I was expecting. Same goes for missions.

Sounds like you're getting pretty close. The Drivehub is designed to make non-native wheels/bases/pedals work where their not suppose to. So there's almost always going to be compromises. If the wheelbase was native to the game you would just plug the pedals/Handbrake and shifter into the wheelbase and it would sort it all out. But in this case the Drivehub is doing that job for the components outside of the wheelbase. That being said I believe you will be limited to the expansion slots on the drivehub. I run a handbrake and it's functionality is still a little hit and miss on GT7, better on GTsport. But I would be interested to hear if you could use a usb expansion to force more components to work thru the drivehub.
Which handbrake do you use?

Beta 11 and 12 have been released, I haven’t had a chance to test them yet, and don’t know what the changes are. I have been asking for release notes for years.

Also a good idea to look at the main Drive Hub thread below, you may want to start from the latter pages as it is 88 pages now.

Has the recent update to GT7 borked the Fanatec shifter? Moving it into first or second gear via manual shifting has the game blipping from neutral to random gears.

Last edited:
Hello I have a question.

I use a fanatec clubsport 2.5 with a steering wheel porsche 918 .
Although I followed all the tutorials on youtube and followed the instructions on the site, it didn't work.

But I realized that my steering wheel is not offered by the website (steering wheel porsche 918 )
So I guess that's why it's not working.

Are there any other alternatives other than investing in another steering wheel ?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hello I have a question.

I use a fanatec clubsport 2.5 with a steering wheel porsche 918 .
Although I followed all the tutorials on youtube and followed the instructions on the site, it didn't work.

But I realized that my steering wheel is not offered by the website (steering wheel porsche 918 )
So I guess that's why it's not working.

Are there any other alternatives other than investing in another steering wheel ?

Thank you in advance.
That's still a Fanatec wheel, No? They just stopped making it recently because I wanted one and was bummed when they stopped selling it. They still have it, it's just branded with an F instead of a Porsche badge. Should still be supported for your intended use.

Does all your Fanatec gear; wheel, base, pedals, shifter have the latest firmware in each piece of equipment? That not being done correctly can hinder your progress. Also, when I first switched over to Fanatec using a DriveHub I spent a whole day struggling with install only to learn DriveHub did not like the game cord I had going from the game controller to the drivehub. I was getting nothing also. Replaced that game cord with a new one and all the lights came on and I was off to the races.

Hope this helps, you'll get it figured out, good luck.

Yes it's a fanatec wheel (918 RSR, that i use for 3 or 4 years and it is solid so i hope you will find one !) and all drivers are up to date. (drive hub too, i tried beta and the automatic last update)
I changed the drive hub cable but that didn't change anything.

But thank you for your help !

I'm out of ideas. And I probably wouldn't buy a dd fanatec just for this game.
Maybe a new wheel from sony but my base is a clubsport 2.5 (xbox) Maybe it wont work.
I will continue to play it with the ps5 controller until i get rich.

Last edited:
I use a 2.5 as well and it's great. I also use a V2 wheel that is PS ready. Fanatec puts the chip in the wheel, not the base. If you have a PS ready wheel it will work.

As far as the cord goes I'm not talking about the HDMI cable that comes out of the Drivehub and goes to the PS5 but the PS4 cord that goes from the controller to the Drivehub. Just to be clear.

I use a 2.5 as well and it's great. I also use a V2 wheel that is PS ready. Fanatec puts the chip in the wheel, not the base. If you have a PS ready wheel it will work.

As far as the cord goes I'm not talking about the HDMI cable that comes out of the Drivehub and goes to the PS5 but the PS4 cord that goes from the controller to the Drivehub. Just to be clear.

PS compatibility is in the wheelbase not the steering wheel, pretty much all wheels are "PS Ready", and will work with a PS base(Even Xbox Wheels), no chip in the steering wheel for "PS Ready", on the other hand Fanatec Xbox wheels do have a chip in them.

The 918 RSR wheel is PS Ready, Still for sale in Australia.

@Alfa Romeo GT, What controller are you plugging into the DH?

Last edited:
PS compatibility is in the wheelbase not the steering wheel, pretty much all wheels are "PS Ready", and will work with a PS base(Even Xbox Wheels), no chip in the steering wheel for "PS Ready", on the other hand Fanatec Xbox wheels do have a chip in them.

The 918 RSR wheel is PS Ready, Still for sale in Australia.

@Alfa Romeo GT, What controller are you plugging into the DH?
I only have a ps5 controller, maybe that's why it does not work.

918 rsr is not ps ready, if so it is written "ps ready"
Not xbox too, only PC.

EDIT :My bad, so even with a playstation steering wheel it will probably not work.

Last edited:
Has the recent GT7 update broken force feedback for anybody? My Thrustmaster 500RS (through a DriveHub) no longer has force feedback. I’m on the latest beta firmware for the DriveHub and it worked fine when I used this setup a few weeks ago (on an older beta version of the DriveHub firmware).

EDIT: answering my own question.
The update neutered certain wheels to prevent injury. And although my TM500 isn’t on the list, the DriveHub now makes my wheel emulate a T-GT which IS on the list.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-15-has-rooted-the-wheel-force-feedback.409044/

Last edited:

Not xbox too, only PC.

EDIT :My bad, so even with a playstation steering wheel it will probably not work.
So now that someone has corrected me on the chip I think you should just try getting the Hori PS4 wired minipad to replace your PS5 controller that goes to the Drivehub. Only $20 bucks thru Amazon and it could potentially solve all your woes.

So now that someone has corrected me on the chip I think you should just try getting the Hori PS4 wired minipad to replace your PS5 controller that goes to the Drivehub. Only $20 bucks thru Amazon and it could potentially solve all your woes.
Thank you and indeed in the tutorial videos they ask to use this controller.

Not xbox too, only PC.

As already mentio ed sounds like you need the Hori mini controller.

See link for Australian Fanatec site, 918 RSR wheel is PS Ready so should work, if it doesn't it is a Drivehub issue as it would work with a Fanatec PS wheelbase. If you go to downloads and open the quickguide it shows the PS button mappings.

Hi, I'm planning to buy Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals to use with my Fanatec Podium F1 set. I have alot of problems with the 3 pedals of the Clubsport V3, so I want a good 2 pedal set. Can anyone confirm these pedals work good on the PS5 with GT7 and F1 22?

Hi, I'm planning to buy Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals to use with my Fanatec Podium F1 set. I have alot of problems with the 3 pedals of the Clubsport V3, so I want a good 2 pedal set. Can anyone confirm these pedals work good on the PS5 with GT7 and F1 22?
Only if you buy the drivehub. What problems are you having with the v3's? I think you can take one of the pedals off can't you? If not the CSL pedals that come with the GT7 setup are 2 pedals and apparently you can add ffb to them really easily with a kit sold on Etsy if you also play on PC and don't want to loose the feedback.
They aren't bad and they work natively. Otherwise you're going to need to run everything through the drivehub and that's not going to feel anywhere near as good as native feedback. It's like night and day different to the point that you will go back to the v3's anyway.

Sony is oddly strict about accessories and it's probably because they make the most money on accessory sales even if it's 3rd party. Mark-up on all that stuff is huge so they block last gen stuff even though we all know the PS4 controller would work just fine. They are all Bluetooth it drives me nutts but I'm sure Sony is happy that I had to buy 3 more dual sense controller's.

I'm super happy I sold my Logitech setup like a week after the game came out. It was fine but I wanted to upgrade after using Logitech stuff since GT3.

So I bought a bunch of Fanatec kit for PS5, Xbox Series X & PC. I like the Clubsport v3's but I don't like the wheel.. I hope a better ps5 wheel comes out soon because the GT7 one is awful and cheap feeling compared to the usual stuff them. Too much plastic. They should have let fanatec handle design duties. I mean it's fine for playing the game and the same as other wheels in function but I like being able to customize my Xbox/PC one. I've bought a ton of 3d printed stuff to help deck my rig out. I'm using a stream deck as my button box and they are all labeled with what they do... So much better than the g29 and having to remember what number everything was.

u'll be very happy with the PS4 Pro version. :)

Has the recent GT7 update broken force feedback for anybody? My Thrustmaster 500RS (through a DriveHub) no longer has force feedback. I’m on the latest beta firmware for the DriveHub and it worked fine when I used this setup a few weeks ago (on an older beta version of the DriveHub firmware).

EDIT: answering my own question.
The update neutered certain wheels to prevent injury. And although my TM500 isn’t on the list, the DriveHub now makes my wheel emulate a T-GT which IS on the list.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-15-has-rooted-the-wheel-force-feedback.409044/
Are you playing with PS4 GT7 version on PS5 ?

If yes, I think you can plug your T500RS in controller port of Drivehub without using hori gamepad.

PS4 version of the game has T500RS native controller profile in its options.

Hi Everybody. Fun stuff:
I did sent this to te main conversation on drive hub, but if this thread is more active, hoping for some answers:

Just had my Drive hub + Hori PS4 Horipad Mini for 2 weeks enjoying some Dirt 5 and Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 with my kids using my old GT2.
I installed the cables and went for it with out doing any settings and the wheel was recognised as G29 and worked fine.

Now the Hori PS4 Horipad Mini does not work fork more than 8 minutes.
I did even try it with out drive hub, just the controller directly to PS5. This happens even if I'm only in PS menus.
Needles to say that Wheel does not work any longer than the Hori does.

I can still drive Gran Turismo 7 for the said ~8 minutes, but after that I lose control and car is stuck on the gas and gear i was on when the connection stops. Wheel still does all the FFP things. Just no control till I unplug the Hori from drive hub or drive hub from PS5. then the ~8 minutes resets. Fun times.

Don't remember if there was some PS update during weekend, or what happened.

so.... Help... ideas.. something ???

That's weird. I was having my ps4 controller time out too in the beginning before I got the Hori minicontroller. That solved all my woes about the controller timing out. Just played the day before yesterday and didn't have any problem so I don't think it's an update issue.

PS5 says correctly that pad is not compatible with ps5 versions and works fine on ps4 games for the said 8 minutes. So console somewhat recognizes the controller when you connect it, but something happens on the 8 minutes mark.

And as said before the G T 7 works fine with hori + drive hub + GT2, but only as long as the PS5 recognizes the Hori is active.

I sent reclamation to the seller of the Hori controller. Hopefully this problem goes away with new pad.

EDIT: New pad fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Now the Hori PS4 Horipad Mini does not work for more than 8 minutes.
I did even try it with out drive hub, just the controller directly to PS5. This happens even if I'm only in PS menus.
Needles to say that Wheel does not work any longer than the Hori does.

I can still drive Gran Turismo 7 for the said ~8 minutes, but after that I lose control and car is stuck on the gas and gear i was on when the connection stops. Wheel still does all the FFP things. Just no control till I unplug the Hori from drive hub or drive hub from PS5. then the ~8 minutes resets. Fun times.
I recently got a Drive Hub and I'm using it with a Hori PS4 mini wired controller (with a G25). I'm getting this exact behavior, though today is my first time using that combo, so I've never had it working more than eight minutes.

Some deal, GT7 just stops recognizing pedals or steering at all, and keeps either the gas or brake on to whatever it was when it "went away." It isn't detected as disconnected by the PS5, so the game doesn't pause. Annoying!

It stinks, since the G25 works better than I would have expected. Really fun.

I've tried disconnecting the wireless PS5 controller, but that made no difference. As you said, it seems the Hori itself is somehow just going away without reporting a proper disconnection.

@KJalo I saw your post on the other thread. You said you had to replace the Hori??? I bought a used one on eBay, but mine hasn't ever prevented the 8 minute timeout.

I recently got a Drive Hub and I'm using it with a Hori PS4 mini wired controller (with a G25). I'm getting this exact behavior, though today is my first time using that combo, so I've never had it working more than eight minutes.

Some deal, GT7 just stops recognizing pedals or steering at all, and keeps either the gas or brake on to whatever it was when it "went away." It isn't detected as disconnected by the PS5, so the game doesn't pause. Annoying!

It stinks, since the G25 works better than I would have expected. Really fun.

I've tried disconnecting the wireless PS5 controller, but that made no difference. As you said, it seems the Hori itself is somehow just going away without reporting a proper disconnection.

@KJalo I saw your post on the other thread. You said you had to replace the Hori??? I bought a used one on eBay, but mine hasn't ever prevented the 8 minute timeout.
Have you tried the Hori mini on PS5 with out the wheel and drive hub. I had disconnectin issue with faulty hori mini.
My set started to work after seller sent me a new pad. Been driving with no issues for a week now.

Have you tried the Hori mini on PS5 with out the wheel and drive hub. I had disconnectin issue with faulty hori mini.
My set started to work after seller sent me a new pad. Been driving with no issues for a week now.
Just tried that and it did weird things. It connected, but the D-Pad was stuck on continuous left and it popped up a message that the controller wasn't compatible with the PS5. Mine might be in worse shape than your bad one, haha.

I have a new Hori Mini on order, but it's taking so long to arrive that I lost patience and ended up with a PS5-compatible Thrustmaster wheel anyway. :)

Back