E3 2011: What Are You Expecting? [56k BEWARE!!!]

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
The festivities unofficially begin tomorrow afternoon with Microsoft's second consecutive standalone conference, "Xbox 360: The Future is Revealed" being shown on SpikeTV, and afterwards trailers and predictions will continue throughout the day. The biggest thing here is that for those of us with DirecTV we know G4 is no longer an option for E3 coverage, but that matters not considering how ridiculously unprofessional said coverage was last year; not to mention how annoying Olivia Munn is - good lord. Did I mention the camera work was shoddy as well?

Moving forward...Tuesday afternoon is when things kick off with Nintendo's conference, and you can watch it right here:
Nintendo Network @ E3 2011

Don't fret! I wouldn't proposition you with one (and only one) link would I? Of course not. I'll list a series of gaming sites that are going to be streaming E3 down below. As every year has proven thus far (other than the conferences where everyone is showing the same thing) some sites will have have great coverage, while others have superb coverage, and then there's the occasional coverage that blows on all four. What are you expecting to see? What are you excited for? Who's conference are you expecting to have you saying "Holy 🤬" the entire time while on the edge of your seat eating a sandwich? I know one thing, 2011 marks the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, and I know Ninty has something in mind that just like last year will make us Zeldaphobes go "I. Must. Have. That." I still haven't gotten around to purchasing a 3DS yet, and Skyward Sword should be talked about in greater detail as well - considering it's to launch later this year, but I'm jumping ahead of myself, let's take it one day at a time.

As promised, those series of sites who'll be streaming E3 coverage:

Nintendo Network @ E3 2011

IGN - E3 2011 Live Video

1UP - E3 2011 (Coverage/Conference information beneath the ShoutCast app)

Game N Train - SpikeTV E3 Coverage (?)

G4 - E3 2011 LIVE

Machinima E3 2011 Coverage (YouTube)

GameTrailers - E3 2011 All Access Pass

I'll be more than happy to update this post with more coverage/streaming links as I find them, or as they're pointed out to me. I'll be reiterating all of the major unveils in the (reserved) posts below. This is going to be fun. Feel free to discuss what you're expecting and hoping to see this year. I wonder if any further Dead Space 2 DLC will be announced and/or a hint toward the third installment? Oh yeah, if you've finished the game (and you should have!) there are some choice words exchanged between two officials that outrightly suggest The Sprawl, like the Ishimura, was just the beginning of things.

----

Presentation schedule*

* All times are in Pacific-Standard Time (PST) go here to convert to your native time zone/location.

Code:
Monday, June 6th

- Microsoft Press Conference: 9:30 - 11:00 AM
- EA Press Conference: 12:30 - 1:30 PM
- Ubisoft Press Conference: 2:30 - 3:45 PM
- Sony Press Conference: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Code:
Tuesday, June 7th

- Nintendo Press Conference: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Mass Effect 3: 1:00 PM
- Battlefield 3: 1:30 PM
- Batman: Arkham City: 2:00 PM
- Resistance 3: 3:00 PM
- Starhawk: 3:20 PM
- Twisted Metal: 3:40 PM
- Sony (TBA): 4:00 PM
- Journey: 4:20 PM
- Uncharted 3: 4:40 PM
- Gears of War 3 - Campaign: 5:00 PM
- Forza Motorsport 4: 5:20 PM
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: 5:40 PM
- Ms. 'Splosion Man: 6:00 PM (WTF?)
- Modern Warfare 3: 6:30 PM

Code:
Wednesday, June 8th

- Spider-Man: Edge of Time: 11:00 AM
- Dead Island: 11:20 AM
- Gears of War 3 - Horde Mode: 11:40 AM
- Rage: 12:00 PM
- Prey 2: 12:20 PM
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 12:40 PM
- Saints Row III: 1:00 PM
- Lord of the Rings: War in the North: 1:30 PM
- Ninja Gaiden III: 2:00 PM
- The Darkness II: 3:00 PM
- Street Fighter X Tekken: 3:20 PM
- Resident Evil Operation: Raccoon City: 3:40 PM
- Super Secret Sequel (TBA): 4:00 PM
- Super Secret Sequel (TBA): 4:20 PM
- Super Secret Sequel (TBA): 4:40 PM
- WWE '12: 5:20 PM
- Super Secret Sequel: 5:40 PM
- Prototype 2: 6:00 PM
- BioShock: Infinite: 6:30 PM

Code:
Thursday, June 9th

- Star Wars: The Old Republic: 11:00 AM
- Dark Souls: 11:20 AM
- Inversion: 11:40 AM
- Space Marine: 12:00 PM
- X-Men: Destiny: 12:20 PM
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: 12:40 PM
- Jurassic Park: 1:00 PM
- Sniper 2: 1:30 PM
- Bastion: 2:20 PM
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier: 3:20 PM (YES!)
- Rayman Origins: 3:40 PM
- Catherine: 4:20 PM
- Need for Speed: The Run: 4:40 PM
- SSX: 5:00 PM
- Madden NFL 12: 5:20 PM
- FIFA Soccer 12: 5:40 PM

Last edited:

- YouTube, Bing, and Live TV making it's way to Xbox LIVE
- Kinect attempting to appeal to a wider audience, namely the "Core". Has that appeal succeeded?

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Releasing November 15th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]U95yDEhEUl8[/YOUTUBEHD]

Halo 4 - Releasing Holiday (Fall?) 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]zJq92v__Alc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Forza Motorsport 4 - Releasing October 11th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]ECktMG6To74[/YOUTUBEHD]

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier: Kinect-Ready; 20 million variations
in Gunsmith, Releasing in 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]fRXjSXwvWMo[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]-SQTgUgQxZ0[/YOUTUBEHD]

Gears of War 3 - Releasing September 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]7CcmY32qQvY[/YOUTUBEHD]

Tomb Raider: Re-imagining, New gritty and immersive environments, "Survival" element, Releasing in 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]xeI0qQ9JO3E[/YOUTUBEHD]

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Releasing November 8th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]PHfTBe_PJrQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

Mass Effect 3: Kinect-Ready; Releasing March 6th, 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]OcpJgtXP7ew[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]-t8qq35tVH0[/YOUTUBEHD]

FarCry3 - Releasing in 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]xbaxDkLzKdE[/YOUTUBEHD]

Battlefield 3 - Releasing October 25th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]tvhTRwmaH74[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]2c5gLhMfq0Q[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]0fUp4-kAQEE[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Releasing November 11th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]UTURc3Fv8Xs[/YOUTUBEHD]

Need for Speed: The Run: On foot quick-time action sequences, state/country-wide racing scene, police chases, lots of action; Releasing November 15th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]NR8P_7ErK4M[/YOUTUBEHD]

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Releasing November 15th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]ykA4VWa4rEw[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]1N2ay1whV0Q[/YOUTUBEHD]

Ninja Gaiden III - Releasing TBA
[YOUTUBEHD]Y_X_oGkQCgw[/YOUTUBEHD]

Driver: San Francisco - Releasing August 30th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]mVrQfxS-JcI[/YOUTUBEHD]

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Releasing November 1st, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]mwywuVzrJTg[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]aMInoLwQJW4[/YOUTUBEHD]

See more here

Resistance 3 - Releasing September 6th, 2011
[YOUTUBEHD]LGkEkU6ioUM[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]FPjZpwWUcSA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Starhawk - Releasing in 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]8cA6hCyX30o[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]SxSDC5RPMqk[/YOUTUBEHD]

BioShock Infinite - Releasing in 2012
[YOUTUBEHD]mGkZUV85WJo[/YOUTUBEHD]

Uncharted: Golden Abyss; Playstation Vita - Releasing TBA
[YOUTUBEHD]SKCZJIQBVLE[/YOUTUBEHD]

Will add more shortly.

Last edited:
Machinima will also be Live Streaming E3. I'm can't wait to see what Dice will unveil for Battlefield 3. Also want to see if Microsoft will actually show their new console and I wish I could go because I only an hour away.

Last edited:
I am expecting Dark Souls to kick some serious 🤬! :D

Gotta love the official website"PrepareToDie.com" :lol:
http://preparetodie.com/en/

darksoulswallpaper19201.jpg

AND

Oh yeah, and I'm also expecting Codies to promise the moon regarding F1 2011 and deliver a meteorite :indiff:

Last edited:
Machinima will also be Live Streaming E3. I'm can't wait to see what Dice will unveil for Battlefield 3. Also want to see if Microsoft will actually show their new console and I wish I could go because I only an hour away.

Added.

Is it still not open to the public this year?

I am expecting Dark Souls to kick some serious 🤬! :D

~ Full of AWESOME ~

Why have I not heard of this before? It looks really, really good. I must have it. And I want that wallpaper, too. Does it come in 1080p?

Oh yeah, and I'm also expecting Codies to promise the moon regarding F1 2011 and deliver a meteorite :indiff:

I don't know. I mean it already has a day/night cycle, multiplayer, an improved career mode, and improved weather effects from what I hear and/or have read. As long as you can fully disable the damn ghost car it's already perfect in my opinion. You have any idea how fantastically annoying that damn thing is?

Why have I not heard of this before? It looks really, really good. I must have it. And I want that wallpaper, too. Does it come in 1080p?

Dunno, you must be slackin' :lol:. Well if you click enlarge, you did click enlarge didn't you ;), the embedded image is already 1914x1164. Here are some other background links you might also enjoy:
http://www.fromsoftware.jp/darksouls/contents/img/ds9/image.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/898/darksoulswallpaper19201.jpg

I don't know. I mean it already has a day/night cycle, multiplayer, an improved career mode, and improved weather effects from what I hear and/or have read. As long as you can fully disable the damn ghost car it's already perfect in my opinion. You have any idea how fantastically annoying that damn thing is?

I definitely hope I'm wrong, but after the stinkin' pile of buggy mess they tried to pass off as the "most realistic version of F1 ever" (my paraphrasing) and the "making it real" advertising they tried to get away with on DiRT 3, my faith in the marketing suits at CM has vaporized. They made alot of grand statements in the developer diaries leading up to 2010 and then all of a sudden they got real quiet addressing the claims after its release. The 1 solo patch on the consoles was completely insufficient as well. You PC guys definitely got better end of the deal with the community mods... so jealous. Anyway, just my opinion, but Codies ain't getting my preorder $$ this time around and I am NOT trusting the mainstream reviewers again either. I only remember GameSpot even briefly mentioning that "some" bugs remained in the first pressing. Yeah some :ouch:.

Oh yeah, I feel your pain on annoyance factor of the perma-Ghost car :lol:. Kinda surprised the modd'ers haven't figured out how to turn that off.

I'm interested in what they'll be revealing about Forza 4, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and I'm hoping that Sony will surprise me with the return of The Getaway. There was a supposedly leaked teaser trailer of The Getaway posted on Youtube, it's probably a fake, but I'm still hoping they'll unveil a new Getaway game at E3. As for Forza 4, I'm interested in what advances they've made over FM3 and what new cars and tracks are included in FM4. I'm hoping to get some details of MW3's singleplayer campaign and co-op modes and seeing some more of BF3's campaign and that glorious destruction engine. :D

Will be wanting Naughtydog to showcase some of Uncharted 3's single-player campaign, probably at least show us the desert setting or something.

Surprise us!! :)

Last edited:
Aliens : Colonial Marines, I've had that little gem on pre-order for more than 6 months with gamestation.

After what I would call a "kind of" failure that was aptly named AVP, My Faith in the Aliens universe was somewhat dulled down, I still play AVP but only ever play Infestation mode and Survivor.

While I was blown away at the level of detail in AVP ( particularly on the Aliens and Predators with tessellation enabled ) I kinda felt the story was cut short too soon, Many things were missing in AVP to be honest, Co Op Missions was one, The horrid auto aim pulled AVP down a notch or 2 aswell.

And now that the latest viral campaign by SEGA has started ( sending a severed dolls head to one magazine ) and a nerf gun which was modded to reflect the similarities to the USMC pulse rifle, and now the E3 trailers are starting to show.. my faith in the Aliens genre has been slighly re-ignited, I have many hopes for the new title and only will E3 bring me the goods relating to screenshots and beta footage.

I am certain to buy it and I can only HOPE that perhaps SEGA will do their fanbase proud and allow mod tools to come out ( unlike AVP where there is no mod tools at all )

Thats what I'm waiting for ^_^

Last edited:
I've added an appropriate warning for my peeps out there who unfortunately may still be using a fax modem as I expect to be uploading lots of pictures and videos over the course of next week. I'm also going to add a schedule to the OP so for those of us short on time, or don't really want to watch the entirety of the week-long coverage, can pick and choose what they want to sit back and relax for.

The official thread for coverage of E3 coverage. :lol:

Schedule added. Expect to see 343's Halo: Combat ReEvolved as one of the "super secret games" unveiled. If it's not a remake (which is what seems to be rumored) then expect a Halo title of some kind anyway.

That Dark Souls game looks really good.

I look forward to seeing that at E3 along with the new Batman game.

@Terronium-12

Your'e missing Aliens : Colonial Marines, I'll try and dig up the info on the show day and time along with booth number.

edit:
sega
A first look of the game is presented in the South Hall at SEGA’s booth #2023, at this week’s E3 in Los Angeles.

Just a little taste, and for the record I want this badly. Also, if I may, there's something wrong with the world when you want to do things to a person that doesn't actually exist. :odd:

Anyway, the teaser:

[YOUTUBEHD]RN7_8Yholm4[/YOUTUBEHD]

Blanka is taking a mean crap, isn't he?

Or is he crapping on the idea of Tekken getting into the 'versus' territory? :P

I can't really understand anything from the Converter so would any one be kind enough to Post the Microsoft and Sony 's conference Times in GMT ?

Besides, FM4, BF3, MW3, & GOW3, The Run, there are a LOT on the list I am very interested in.

Starting off, Dead Island should be very interesting as all we've really gotten is a rather sad trailer to draw us in. Prey 2 is another as it's been a couple years since it's been around. Saints Row might get a 2nd glance from me, but I'm more interested in where GTA is, esp. considering that next year is a projected release, even with Max Payne & Agent coming first.

The Darkness II, Resident Evil, & Prototype 2 will probably be worth a look. I kept a small interest in Prototype & The Darkness, but never much more.

I am interested in this Jurassic Park game. Despite a successful movie series, the games have been hit or miss. A quick Google shows that this one seems to be playing throughout the 1st movie, so judging by that, it should start off fairly well this year with info.

I can't wait!
I think I will watch IGN live feed for Microsoft, as well On Spike TV at same time.

Also I did not expect Far Cry 3!!!
My most anticipated ones
Demons Souls
Battle Field 3
Forza 4
And of course Elder Scrolls Skyrim and new MMO game they are making

I can't really understand anything from the Converter so would any one be kind enough to Post the Microsoft and Sony 's conference Times in GMT ?

If I'm reading this right, the first Microsoft thing at 9:30 AM starts in 1 Hour 54 Minutes from the time of this post.

You do something wrong?

You made sure you selected "Use The Following Date/Time", afterwards selecting US/Pacific as 'From Time Zone' to where you are ("To Time Zone")?

Besides, FM4, BF3, MW3, & GOW3, The Run, there are a LOT on the list I am very interested in.

Starting off, Dead Island should be very interesting as all we've really gotten is a rather sad trailer to draw us in. Prey 2 is another as it's been a couple years since it's been around. Saints Row might get a 2nd glance from me, but I'm more interested in where GTA is, esp. considering that next year is a projected release, even with Max Payne & Agent coming first.

The Darkness II, Resident Evil, & Prototype 2 will probably be worth a look. I kept a small interest in Prototype & The Darkness, but never much more.

I am interested in this Jurassic Park game. Despite a successful movie series, the games have been hit or miss. A quick Google shows that this one seems to be playing throughout the 1st movie, so judging by that, it should start off fairly well this year with info.

Have you not seen the 11 minute gameplay video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDzFzNg0bxk

Don't mean to intrude into an E3 thread with unrelated info, but for those interested in Dead Island the link is to the gameplay video.

Parker

I can't wait!
I think I will watch IGN live feed for Microsoft, as well On Spike TV at same time.

Also I did not expect Far Cry 3!!!
My most anticipated ones
Demons Souls
Battle Field 3
Forza 4
And of course Elder Scrolls Skyrim and new MMO game they are making

you mean Dark Souls. Demons' souls was the predecessor and extremely awesome :)

I'm looking forward to Dark Souls, Twisted metal, Elder scrolls, & Gears 3. Battlefield 3 would be nice too 👍

Ninja Gaiden 3 preview was just shown and being a preview it was rather "meh".

Where's Sony speech? Is it on tv? In psn store to download later?
Can all 3 speeches be watched on my iPad or Android phone?

Back