EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,880 comments
Makes glad I bought during the current PS Store sale 🤣
They kinda did it with PGA TOUR. Released 2023, they added thay seasons major championship courses as they were played, did a Ryder Cup expansion the week that happened for free, then at the start of this year added all the 2024 major courses and new equipment for free.

In all, 8 new courses and a handful of new modes plus equipment for free. On top of what was already a generous offering. Very similar model to what WRC appears to be following but with a larger player base.
I did not know this so we have a precedent hopefully they keep it up

I also wish they would optimize the game better.

They really wanted to at least hold offline championships, but most of the time the "freezes" along the route are "annoying".

I've tried everything, sometimes it seems like I find the solution, but in the end the result is the same.

Choosing the resolution (1920 x 1080) and with most of the graphic details in (medium), the screen becomes very clear/bright, a bit unrealistic (even if I lower the brightness to less than 25%).

If I choose the version (2560 x 1440) the appearance is much better, even using (low/very low and medium graphics) but "freezes" still occur along the route, making any fun impossible, because when you least expect it, a little "snagging" happens, and it's the difference between making a quick turn or hitting a tree/falling off a cliff.

Who knows, maybe they'll fix it sometime.
Because there would be no point in updating my hardware, as I see/read companions with GTX 3060/4060 and better processors than mine (i5 gen 10 and 16GB RAM/3000 mhz) with similar problems.

My wish is for them to overhaul the career or at least have it include the new stages.

Also for them to make it possible to play exhibition champonships without screwing up the benefactor targets. How about a career builder?

I'd love to see a remastered version of the game in a few years. Maybe Codies could build an Ego 2.0 or Ego Boo engine capable of running the mega long Bio BĂ­o stages.

Last edited:
Adding anti-cheat or other invasive software should be illegal as part of post-launch updates, because you can't refund it anymore and in a way it becomes a different product (and suddenly it's unplayable on Steam Deck-like devices).

What's the point anyway? The game is not trying to be an esports title like F1, it's more niche and enjoyed mostly by the enthusiasts of the sport.

Last edited:
The game is not trying to be an esports title like F1
Uh, yeah, about that:
Screenshot_20240724-085022.png

Last edited:
My wish is for them to overhaul the career or at least have it include the new stages.

Also for them to make it possible to play exhibition champonships without screwing up the benefactor targets. How about a career builder?

I'd love to see a remastered version of the game in a few years. Maybe Codies could build an Ego 2.0 or Ego Boo engine capable of running the mega long Bio BĂ­o stages.
Stage length is not an issue IMO. Whatever engine they use, they just need to improve graphics and performance. The current stage lengths are more than long enough

I can see further optimisation coming down the line due to the fact it’s running much better on the on paper lower specs of console.

So with the extra grunt available to pc it’s just a matter of time that codies will be able to get on top of the current issues being experienced on pc.

Stage length is not an issue IMO. Whatever engine they use, they just need to improve graphics and performance. The current stage lengths are more than long enough
It very much is an issue. They gave stage lengths as a reason for changing to Unreal engine. The current Ego engine looks better but can't handle the long stages necessary for an accurate representation of the WRC. We could have a nicer looking game but if the stages were inaccurate Codemasters wouldn't've got the licence.

Last edited:
It's good to have an answer either way on getting a sequel or an expansion. I mentioned a few pages back that I'd left it so long to buy the game that even on sale, I was now in that weird spot where I didn't want to commit until I knew if this version still had some life to it or would be replaced in 3 months.

Besides that, it sounds this is being received as a real win by the community. Sports franchises needing an annual 60 quid release is such an outdated model and maybe only FIFA & Madden can truly get away with it these days anyway..

Going to pull the trigger in confidence now.

Maybe, let's hope so, as I would like to play the game I paid for :)

And it's not just me by the looks of it:

@PJTierney is anything being done towards solving this issue, please?
Great to hear about the planned roadmap!

In the meantime, people are reporting on Steam forums that some of them were successful in fixing this issue by moving the game to the C: drive.

As there is still no mention of any official hotfix (or even if anything is being worked on), I might try doing this over the weekend and see.

I think for this niche game it works to do the expansions rather than use resources to re invent the wheel every year

There's a lot of disappointment in the discord over this anti cheat that's come out for the PC users, in that quite a lot can't play the game anymore, or it won't load. Linux and Steam seems to be affected the most.
Good job I'm on Xbox

Not only there, see my post about Steam forums and EA forums, I'm also affected and of course unable to get a refund.

There is an unofficial solution, but it would be great if EA/Codemasters would at least confirm whether they are working on a fix or if they intend to abandon the players who purchased the game a few months ago.

I had this jammy bounce doing the Ortega stage in career.

I also tried out the Holtjønn stage during the Scandia Blizzard moment in season four. With 31km of featureless dirty snow, the real challenge is staying awake. Like Sweden but without the challenging turns or pretty scenery. I'm kinda glad Scandia isn't part of the main career.

In addition I actually got a faster time on this co-driverless Iberia Rally Moment than the great @FrankieStail (although probably not for long if he sees this) and it only took three attempts. Or so.

760744e3-36c6-441a-8b2f-fb5bec04fd83.png

Last edited:
Great to hear about the planned roadmap!

In the meantime, people are reporting on Steam forums that some of them were successful in fixing this issue by moving the game to the C: drive.

As there is still no mention of any official hotfix (or even if anything is being worked on), I might try doing this over the weekend and see.
So, it turned out that moving the game to the C: drive (which required some general shuffling around in my case due to FH5 being installed there and not having enough space left afterwards) fixed my issues. The game now starts without any problems.

It's quite mind-boggling that EA/Codemasters didn't inform users about this solution, which was actually discovered by another player on Steam forums. If this had been officially recommended or fixed to work on any drive, there wouldn't have been so many negative threads and comments on various forums.

So, it turned out that moving the game to the C: drive (which required some general shuffling around in my case due to FH5 being installed there and not having enough space left afterwards) fixed my issues. The game now starts without any problems.

It's quite mind-boggling that EA/Codemasters didn't inform users about this solution, which was actually discovered by another player on Steam forums. If this had been officially recommended or fixed to work on any drive, there wouldn't have been so many negative threads and comments on various forums.
Is there a link to the steam forum post, if this is a good fix it could do with being posted in the EA WRC discord

"Figured out a workaround for me... I had to relocate the game to my C:\ drive (mine happens to be a m.2 drive... someone else suggested other drive types didn't work, not sure that was the reason). It seams EA AntiCheat either doesn't like games not in a default path, or maybe specific drive formats, or drive types... not sure. Either way, hot garbage way to fix it, until EA addresses it themselves... ugh."

Season 6 is LIVE, and the season pass is divided in 50 levels :lol:
Somebody on Discord worked out the math and it seems like the XP between levels is smaller.

Haven’t checked the actual total but wouldn’t be surprised if the total XP to max out the pass is similar to before.

It very much is an issue. They gave stage lengths as a reason for changing to Unreal engine. The current Ego engine looks better but can't handle the long stages necessary for an accurate representation of the WRC. We could have a nicer looking game but if the stages were inaccurate Codemasters wouldn't've got the licence.
I've seen side by side comparisons of EA Sports WRC and real life and the stages look to adequately mimic the real life counterparts. I'm not sure if the same could've been said of past WRC games when they were developed by Kylotonn. Does anyone know if the Kylotonn WRC stages at all matched real life stages?

I've seen side by side comparisons of EA Sports WRC and real life and the stages look to adequately mimic the real life counterparts. I'm not sure if the same could've been said of past WRC games when they were developed by Kylotonn. Does anyone know if the Kylotonn WRC stages at all matched real life stages?
There were certain sections in the KT stages that mimic real life, but not in all the rallies. There were also occasional corners that could be recognised.

Example, this section of Fafe, I believe it's the final sector or 2, is accurate to real life.

For the most part though, they were fictional stages but inspired by the real ones.

EA WRC uses real roads for all locations. Some are real WRC stages; Japan, Sardegna, Monte Carlo and a few more. Some are real stages but not current WRC ones; Sweden (2021), Croatia (2021), the additional locations. The rest are real roads based near the WRC stages, so they have a similar look and feel but aren't real stages; Portugal, Mexico, CER etc.

This map someone made pin points each of the games stages in their real life location.

Last edited:
2025 WRC calendar confirmed, will make for some very interesting locations for the 2025 game, with Gran Canaria, Paraguay and Saudi Arabia joining the calendar.
FB_IMG_1722438675882.jpg

Particularly if the Saudi route they want gets signed off and Codemasters can get all of that in a handful of stages.

Last edited:
Back