EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,884 comments
Just did the first stage to double check all is well. Thought I'd represent Kris Meeke for this one.

41955AEBB78BEBF58AAEAF926EE29D67C04E0F2C
I also did the first stage, for the first mile...
And then did stages 4, 5 and half of 6.
After the second Terminal Damage, I remembered why I stopped doing these club events and went back to the career mode.

I also did the first stage, for the first mile...
And then did stages 4, 5 and half of 6.
After the second Terminal Damage, I remembered why I stopped doing these club events and went back to the career mode.
Let me guess..........the wooden sign corner, both times :irked:

Don't expect me to go maximum speed in this series (and no videos), but at least I'm gonna have a chance to play the game once a week in preparation for october :D Also every excuse to drive the Grande Punto is always a good excuse :sly:

Montecarlo went smoothly, except for shenanigans in stage 5 but just because you can't see poop :crazy:

Let me guess..........the wooden sign corner, both times :irked:

Don't expect me to go maximum speed in this series (and no videos), but at least I'm gonna have a chance to play the game once a week in preparation for october :D Also every excuse to drive the Grande Punto is always a good excuse :sly:

Montecarlo went smoothly, except for shenanigans in stage 5 but just because you can't see
Yeah I messed up on 5 too. 28 sec penalty and a puncture (got to the end without changing it) Got too confident Out-braked myself and hit a sign or something coming out of the fast wooded section and into the village at the end. If it wasn't for that I would be confident in winning. Mess up on SS5 has given a good chance to others though.

I feel like I did a decent job on the final stage to claw back some of that lost time.

image_2024-08-28_011702929.png

Thankful it wasn't realistic damage or I would have been a goner.

Last edited:
I bought this game after it went on discount again today. Looking forward to play it! :D

It is silly that EA wouldn't publish a free demo for it. I bought it only because I tried it with $1 EA Play and liked it. If I had played a free demo earlier, I would have likely bought it at the full price instead of $15. Silly EA, all greedy but not knowing how to make money.

@RYAN Stage 5 is a bit fiendish lol, could hardly see anything with the snow and the fog. Sometimes it helps turning the lights off to stop the reflection off the snow, but in this case it was still dusk and foggy so it made no difference
Nice rally though, I enjoyed it
9c3c5ff8-b22b-4b48-b99d-db11ed192af3.png

Last edited:
@RYAN Stage 5 is a bit fiendish lol, could hardly see anything with the snow and the fog. Sometimes it helps turning the lights off to stop the reflection off the snow, but in this case it was still dusk and foggy so it made no difference
Nice rally though, I enjoyed it I didn't intend on it being that bad tbh. I was just going in sequence from morning to night. I didn't find the vision too bad myself so much so that I got too over confident and outbraked myself towards the end that caused the 27sec penalty.

I didn't intend for it to be that bad to be honest. After all the idea of this championship is to just be a laid back time filler until the DLC comes.

Personally I didn't find the vision too bad to be honest. So much so that I got over confident and went flying off into a sign towards the end for a puncture and 28 sec penalty 😄

Last edited:
Is that a custom livery from RaceDept (Overtake)? How are you still able to use them after the 1.9 update?
I removed all of the custom liveries I was using before I downloaded the update. I saw people were still using them after though. So I asked on Race Department if there was any body getting banned from using the pak file liveries and the answer I got was that at that time everything was fine and people were using them no problem.

I removed all of the custom liveries I was using before I downloaded the update. I saw people were still using them after though. So I asked on Race Department if there was any body getting banned from using the pak file liveries and the answer I got was that at that time everything was fine and people were using them no problem.
Thank you! It's so weird, I've had to remove all of mine and if I had a single one back in I get a corrupt files error when I try to start the game. Looks like I've accidentally downloaded the 'screw you and your mods' version :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you! It's so weird, I've had to remove all of mine and if I had a single one back in I get a corrupt files error when I try to start the game. Looks like I've accidentally downloaded the 'screw you and your mods' version :lol:
I guess you have already tried a re-install?

Well, that's made things worse, I now can't start the game reliably in VR at all. I give up, it's just not worth the time I'm spending trying to troubleshoot this stupid game.

I feel so frustrated, the game was working fine for me before 1.9 and the update has completely broken VR and stopped me using custom skins too.

Last edited:
Well, that's made things worse, I now can't start the game reliably in VR at all. I give up, it's just not worth the time I'm spending trying to troubleshoot this stupid game.

I feel so frustrated, the game was working fine for me before 1.9 and the update has completely broken VR and stopped me using custom skins too.
Oh no. I imagine you already tried this but have you tried verifying the game files?

Impressive pace from @Dreadmed in Monte 👍

Last edited:
Impressive pace from @Dreadmed in Monte 👍
Didn't amount to anything in the end! I managed to avoid the cliff drops but completely missed a turn in that last high-speed blast through the village at the bottom (about 30 seconds from the finish) which ended with a terminal 100+mph smash into a tree or lamppost.

And yes, that 5th stage was nightmare fuel, I got away with one shunt and ended up going at 70% the rest of the way while eyeballing the cliff walls for direction changes...

The stuttering and screen tearing in some stages is really bad on PS5. :grumpy:

But when the issues aren’t happening, it is a pretty fun game. The career was confusing at first but now I understand it. The game is good enough that I don’t miss DiRT Rally 2.0 anymore.

I don’t like that AI players never get damage. No way it is possible to drive that squeaky clean, lol. But it is not a big deal really.

The stuttering and screen tearing in some stages is really bad on PS5. :grumpy:

But when the issues aren’t happening, it is a pretty fun game. The career was confusing at first but now I understand it. The game is good enough that I don’t miss DiRT Rally 2.0 anymore.

I don’t like that AI players never get damage. No way it is possible to drive that squeaky clean, lol. But it is not a big deal really.
The AI also seem unaffected by weather and (especially) night conditions.

It's weird, I did a stage on Monte Carlo with icy conditions, firstly I played it on controller downstairs on a 48" TV and there was some noticeable tearing which strangely carried over to the replay.
The same stage in my game room on a 32" gaming monitor there was little to no tearing in-game or the replay, it must be because the gaming monitor has FreeSync

Last edited:
@SharkyOB Any luck getting the game to run?
No, I've given up tbh mate. I might have another go down the road, but the lack of updates from the devs, when VR is so obviously broken for so many people after version 1.9, have really soured me on the game. I don't have much faith at this point it'll be fixed and it's frustrating that it all seems to be linked to the pointless (for most of us) anti-cheat they've added for 'e-sports'.

No, I've given up tbh mate. I might have another go down the road, but the lack of updates from the devs, when VR is so obviously broken for so many people after version 1.9, have really soured me on the game. I don't have much faith at this point it'll be fixed and it's frustrating that it all seems to be linked to the pointless (for most of us) anti-cheat they've added for 'e-sports'.
That's a shame, Sorry to hear that. It would have been nice if you could have got it sorted in Time for DLC and updates to come in October. Or maybe there may be some fixes in there there could possibly help. Let's hope. 🤞

That's a shame, Sorry to hear that. It would have been nice if you could have got it sorted in Time for DLC and updates to come in October. Or maybe there may be some fixes in there there could possibly help. Let's hope. 🤞
I really do hope so, when it works it's incredible! If more patches drop in the future I'll try again, but the silence from the dev team and community folks is currently deafening.

Hope to join in soon, I have until the 10th of September to know whether I can link my PSN account with my EA account, they said 12 business days to get the linking email, so hopefully that actually appears.

Can anyone answer some questions for me.

Thinking of getting this game on Xbox.
1. Is it any good on a controller or is it more preferable on wheel.
2. Is there any dlc for this game or any coming like new cars, stages ect.

Can anyone answer some questions for me.

Thinking of getting this game on Xbox.
1. Is it any good on a controller or is it more preferable on wheel.
2. Is there any dlc for this game or any coming like new cars, stages ect.
It does have a few minor issues depending on how invested in Dirt 2.0 you have been, there's a bit of odd RWD handling on tarmac but the rest of surfaces are pretty much spot on. Graphically I think it's really good but some reckon 2.0 was better, it's personal choice.
Controller it feels really good also. I played 2.0 on controller forever and loved it and used the pad when I got WRC and it felt pretty much the same but decided to go with a wheel, but controller is still good.

As for DLC, there's an expansion DLC coming in October, with a further two coming in winter 24 and spring 25

I would fully recommend it on Xbox without hesitation, I got it on preorder and so far have over 700 hours of gameplay

It does have a few minor issues depending on how invested in Dirt 2.0 you have been, there's a bit of odd RWD handling on tarmac but the rest of surfaces are pretty much spot on. Graphically I think it's really good but some reckon 2.0 was better, it's personal choice.
Controller it feels really good also. I played 2.0 on controller forever and loved it and used the pad when I got WRC and it felt pretty much the same but decided to go with a wheel, but controller is still good.

As for DLC, there's an expansion DLC coming in October, with a further two coming in winter 24 and spring 25

I would fully recommend it on Xbox without hesitation, I got it on preorder and so far have over 700 hours of gameplay
Awesome thanks for the reply think I'll give it ago I did play 2.0 and enjoyed it so think I'll give this a try.

Back