EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,918 comments
I was barreling along in career mode one second up and without a care in the world when I hit a collapsible post that turned out not to be.

I think this would've killed me in real life. I also got a chance to practise doing 360° turns.

@PJTierney Pleased to see a '24 update is coming, I'll pick the game up when I get my new system.

Can you give any heads up on whether there will be a PS5 Pro update?
Now the machines official will we get any info on a PS5 Pro patch @PJTierney?

I note the EA F1 title was demo'd by Sony, it would be nice to get an image quality and performance boost at the very least.

DLC pack names have been revealed in the small print.
Screenshot_2024-09-17-19-14-07-988_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Le Maestros and Hard Chargers.

So 'Le Maestros' presumably references Loeb and Ogier in some form, not sure what 'Hard Chargers' could be
Just been asking that over on the Discord; Le Maestros surely has a French theme, so what French cars are we thinking? DS3 WRC? C3 WRC? 307 WRC? BX4TC? (Hopefully just the DS3; the other three are poop).

Seb themed would be good, I'd really like to see the Ogier connection get us a Polo WRC.

# 📆 EA SPORTS WRC 2024 Season Expansion - Out October 8

## Locations & Car Content Pack - Out October 8

* New location: 🇱🇻 Rally Latvia
* New location: 🇵🇱 Rally Poland
* New car: Toyota GR Yaris Rally1 HYBRID '24 (WRC)
* New car: Hyundai i20 N Rally1 HYBRID '24 (WRC)
* New car: Ford Puma Rally1 HYBRID '24 (WRC)
* New car: Toyota GR Yaris Rally2 (WRC2)
* New car: Ford Fiesta Rally3 Evo (Junior WRC)
* 52 new liveries & crews, across WRC, WRC2 and Junior WRC

## Le Maestros Content Pack - Winter 2024

* New rally stages: 🇲🇨 Briançonnet
* New rally stages: 🇵🇹 Fafe
* More content to be revealed closer to release

## Hard Chargers Content Pack - Spring 2025

* New rally stages: 🇸🇪 Umea
* New rally stages: 🇬🇷 Harvati
* *More content to be revealed closer to release.

Last edited:
Just been asking that over on the Discord; Le Maestros surely has a French theme, so what French cars are we thinking? DS3 WRC? C3 WRC? 307 WRC? BX4TC? (Hopefully just the DS3; the other three are poop).
I'm glad you're not making decisions about what the DLC will contain, I'd love to see all those cars in the game.

Mind you, I'd also like the game to start in VR without crashing. I live in hope 🤞

Last edited:
I admit I was kind of hoping we would get a couple other cars thrown into the 24 DLC pack, but I guess it makes sense to have only official '24 content. Even though the Clio Rally3 would have been nice, to at least get another car in the category.

Will be interesting to see if the 24 Rally1 cars are different or faster than the 23 ones, which would pretty much make them obsolete.

Glad to see all the new stages coming but it seems anything exciting car-wise will have to wait until the next DLCs.

# 📆 EA SPORTS WRC 2024 Season Expansion - Out October 8

## Locations & Car Content Pack - Out October 8

## Le Maestros Content Pack - Winter 2024

## Hard Chargers Content Pack - Spring 2025
So, for now, it's just the 2024 season cars; we have to wait the other packs for other type of cars, I presume :rolleyes: Oh well, better than nothing :D

Last edited:
Sounds about what I expected. Excited by the prospect to dive into some new stages - and try to Yaris Rally2. Interesting there's no mention of pricing though.

I'm guessing that Le Masetros will be cars that Loeb & Ogier have won championships in. Fingers crossed that includes the Polo & DS3 🤞

Sounds about what I expected. Excited by the prospect to dive into some new stages - and try to Yaris Rally2. Interesting there's no mention of pricing though.

I'm guessing that Le Masetros will be cars that Loeb & Ogier have won championships in. Fingers crossed that includes the Polo & DS3 🤞
And extra liveries for the Xsara and C4.

Sounds like the expansion plus DLC will be around £25. It's been hinted that WRC 24 as a package will be a full priced game (which i read as £69.99) so subtract to the base game cost (£44.99) and you get £25.

I'm glad you're not making decisions about what the DLC will contain, I'd love to see all those cars in the game.
:lol: Rally fans always love the underdogs! Meeke got his last win in the C3 WRC so, despite the negative driver views of that car, it would be a good addition to the game (especially at it would add to a class with few cars).

I was (and still am) a massive Marcus Gronholm fan and I don't remember the two seasons watching him fight with the 307 fondly... that said, it was a race winner!
Will be interesting to see if the 24 Rally1 cars are different or faster than the 23 ones, which would pretty much make them obsolete.
Small gains, but they should be quicker. As you say, will render the 2023 cars obsolete if that is the case.

Pretty much what I expected from the 2024 pack; more stages are always welcomed, but updated versions of the Rally1 cars and (most importantly in my mind) the Rally2 Yaris is there, so I'm satisfied. Hopefully the price isn't bonkers and there are some good cars to come in the other two packs.

Last edited:
And extra liveries for the Xsara and C4.
Extra (real) liveries for lots of the cars we have in the game would be nice.

Hopefully we get more info on what will be in the DLC packs before the main expansion comes out so we know what exactly is for sale 🤞

Last edited:
Hmm OK. I'm whelmed. It sounds OK, but the bit I was really excited about - new older cars and the possibility of Rally GB - will have to wait, see if we're getting any of that or not. If I'm honest, I'm mainly back to DR2.0 at the moment. There are things about EA that are better, but I'm British, I grew up watching the live stage at Margam Park on BBC Grandstand, driving up to Kielder and Hamsterley Forest to watch various events, I need a GB rally here badly to make me go back more often. I understand this isn't such a priority to everybody.

Hmm OK. I'm whelmed. It sounds OK, but the bit I was really excited about - new older cars and the possibility of Rally GB - will have to wait, see if we're getting any of that or not. If I'm honest, I'm mainly back to DR2.0 at the moment. There are things about EA that are better, but I'm British, I grew up watching the live stage at Margam Park on BBC Grandstand, driving up to Kielder and Hamsterley Forest to watch various events, I need a GB rally here badly to make me go back more often. I understand this isn't such a priority to everybody.
I hope they add wales, Australia and Argentina.

I don’t get why we got norway before any of that.

Pity Latvia and Poland are just a Finland wannabe as well as Estonia. They all feel the same. But that’s the calendar.

There's more news and reveals coming over the next few weeks.
Might be wishful thinking (albeit not as wishful as some on the Discord), but I'd love to see a revamped/overhauled career mode. Really feel it's the weakest area of the single player experience sadly at the moment.

And some tweaks to clubs, car filtering, more options for stages degradation, tyre selections etc.

Might be wishful thinking (albeit not as wishful as some on the Discord), but I'd love to see a revamped/overhauled career mode. Really feel it's the weakest area of the single player experience sadly at the moment.

And some tweaks to clubs, car filtering, more options for stages degradation, tyre selections etc.
All features that have been discussed at some point but discussing and doing are two different things, and the 24 content (and its integration) has been priority #1 for a dev team that is smaller now (natural thing in the industry, smaller teams post-launch) than it was a year ago.

Other than banging on about UDP for console, I keep bringing up Clubs stuff as that's where the long-term future of the game is for me :)

Last edited:
Back