EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,919 comments
All features that have been discussed at some point but discussing and doing are two different things, and the 24 content (and its integration) has been priority #1 for a dev team that is smaller now (natural thing in the industry, smaller teams post-launch) than it was a year ago.

Other than banging on about UDP for console, I keep bringing up Clubs stuff as that's where the long-term future of the game is for me :)
Yeah clubs additions and improvements are a must for longevity.

Excited for the new content regardless what else comes though. Good excuse to play through full championships again.

Yeah clubs additions and improvements are a must for longevity.

Excited for the new content regardless what else comes though. Good excuse to play through full championships again.
I’m really curious about the Yaris Rally2.

The Skoda Fabia RS is clearly meta (I looked up a board yesterday and the Top 200 was 97% Fabias) but if the Yaris has similar pace we could see a bit more leaderboard variety.

Knowing the '24 season cars were coming I was curious as to whether the cars would just be reskins or if the devs were aware of the slight changes that have been made to the cars. I was pleased to see the Puma has its upgraded Rear wing present. Good stuff!

eawrcfp04.png

1726703223884.png

Last edited:
Knowing the '24 season cars were coming I was curious as to whether the cars would just be reskins or if the devs were aware of the slight changes that have been made to the cars. I was pleased to see the Puma has its upgraded Rear wing present. Good stuff!

View attachment 1390285

View attachment 1390286

The Yaris also has its updated aero including the smaller cooling vents on the side and reworked front aero.

I'm guessing that Le Masetros will be cars that Loeb & Ogier have won championships in. Fingers crossed that includes the Polo & DS3 🤞
Would be brilliant to see the Polo WRC back. One of the greatest cars of the modern era (in my personal opinion).
Might be wishful thinking (albeit not as wishful as some on the Discord), but I'd love to see a revamped/overhauled career mode. Really feel it's the weakest area of the single player experience sadly at the moment.
Yeah. I have spent hardly any time with the career; did a single playthrough and that was pretty much it. Much like DR2.0 it is the full Championships and just trying random stages that has been most of my time.
The Skoda Fabia RS is clearly meta (I looked up a board yesterday and the Top 200 was 97% Fabias) but if the Yaris has similar pace we could see a bit more leaderboard variety.
Must confess I haven't really looked at the cars in the leaderboards: I had no idea the Fabia was that dominant. Brilliant to have the Yaris in game now, even if isn't challenging for the top spots I intend to give it plenty of use!
The Yaris also has its updated aero including the smaller cooling vents on the side and reworked front aero.
Yeah, I was hoping that the '24 cars would be "proper" and at least include all the cosmetic changes that we can see. I think all three teams have talked about minor performance improvements as well, so it'll be interesting to see if there is a notable difference in how they drive compared to the 2023 cars.

I am sure the sound of the Yaris and Puma has changed slightly this year as well, but I am not certain on that and, even if it is the case, I doubt they would go to the trouble of recording fresh audio for the three Rally1 cars this year.

After brief success in getting the game to run I'm back to it Blue screening my computer. I went all out and fully uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it to my C drive. I was able to play the game fine until I rebooted and then it seems for some reason the EAanticheat driver is deleted from the system32 drivers folder? Is there some place I can send my crash dumps? although I have no clue how to decipher what they mean EAanticheat is mentioned more than once in these dumps. This is what it says on 1 line in WinDbg
"AV_R_(null)_eaanticheat!unknown_function"

Last edited:
Back