EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,005 comments
Not quite sure which sticks have gone up certain people's asses today in discord over pricing. It looks pretty self explanatory to me.
Indeed, sadly it's the same people every time, and I do include myself in that, I'm not shy from speaking my mind.

I don't mind if people have issues, everyone's entitled to an opinion, I find it frustrating when people argue a point without reason or logic and just shut everyone else down, even when being presented with logic and reason. It seems once people have an opinion of EA, they just ram it down everyone's throats at any given opportunity and won't listen to reason.

The powers that be have stepped in, non verbally.

Not quite sure which sticks have gone up certain people's asses today in discord over pricing. It looks pretty self explanatory to me.
Yeah. Seems like a non-event to me, but there does seem to be a handful of names who just love to whinge and moan.

There is some good chat on there, but it is a shame that the Discord hasn't quite got the same atmosphere as the old CM forum. Not that there weren't negative posts on there, but they never seemed as disruptive to the conversation.

@MagpieRacer ahead of the curve on this one

Every time I see a refence to Rally GB

200w (1).gif

It really does look like the Mid Wales forest stages around Pant Mawr/Llanidloes Etc

There is some good chat on there, but it is a shame that the Discord hasn't quite got the same atmosphere as the old CM forum. Not that there weren't negative posts on there, but they never seemed as disruptive to the conversation.
I think that's due to the inherent nature of what a Discord is.

It's designed for more immediate conversation rather than long-form responses like we have here.

In hindsight it's better that we moved people to Discord a few years ago, as the Codemasters forum is dead (RIP).

As always I'm open on suggestions to make the Discord a better place. I made a few changes in recent months (both to channel structure and also more direct moderating of a few problematic people) that seemed to help but more work is needed. The focused discussion areas (like Weekly Power Stage) tend to be quite good, it's the general channel that attracts all the drama.

So long as the game has things people deem worthy of complaining about though, there'll always be a hint of negativity (and since "EA exists" is often a thing taped the end of a pitchfork, there's an inevitability to it all), but we'll manage what we can.

Hopefully the EA SPORTS WRC 24 Season Expansion Bundle releases without a hitch next week, I want to drive that Yaris and beat some Skodas.

Last edited:
I think that's due to the inherent nature of what a Discord is.

It's designed for more immediate conversation rather than long-form responses like we have here.

In hindsight it's better that we moved people to Discord a few years ago, as the Codemasters forum is dead (RIP).
Yeah, I agree: exactly as you say it's presentation definitely seems to be focused more on immediate chat rather than archive conversation. I tend to look at the "side" chats more than the main conversation thread, as that can be very difficult to catch up with if you have been away for a few days!

Definitely good that a chunk of the CM forum community moved over to Discord before that was shut down though, so at least some of the old faces are still in the mix.

I'm a member of the Discord but not an active user. I find no matter how good and reactive servers Admins are some Discord servers are just too large to have something like we do here.

Back