Easy and Quick Guide To GT3:A-Spec

• Thread starter RallyF1
  • 13 comments
What i am trying here is to establish a thread with the help of you guys! :D
This one will include all kinds of tips, so it will be hints and techniques without any chit chating.
It's all about getting in, reading what others have posted, and if the tip you have is not there, simply add it!
Ther are so many things that are poping up everyday, so it would be nice to post everything on one post.
For example: " x car for instance is the best for this race, and here are the settings for it..........................."
"best way to achieve a certain status in the game is to do this, this, and that"

So here goes, the only thing i can think of is:

Peugeot 206 W.R.C.
" rally liscence, peugeot test: try no to use the brakes instead put one side of the car on gravel and the other on asphalt, this way the car slides much easier while mantaining turbo leg, the left side is preferd"

OK here's my tip for newbies just starting the game wondering which car to buy 1st...
It may come as a shock to some of you who have read the boards,but in my opinion the best starter car is the Toyota Vitz\Yaris 1.5 RS (not the Euro Edition).Now why would i say this? There's certainly better cars to choose from like the Mazda MX 5 or the Toyota Trueno.But unlike the other cars the Vitz has it's own race series and the total prize money (with the bonus car being sold) is 39,000 credits for just 1 race series! :eek:
The Vitz also has it's own race series in the Pro League aswell so you'll need to consider upgrading the car for that.When you buy parts go for the most expensive rather than making compromises this avoids wasting more money later on.If you can't afford a part,race the series again and earn more credits.

As an afterthought the Vitz can also enter and win all the FF challenge races aswell.You're gonna need a Vitz at some point if you want to complete the whole game,you may aswell make it your 1st car.

Plot your strategy. Get yourself a copy of the "Prize car list" thats available here. Then try to win the cars you'll need for other series. This way you can put your hard earned credits into mods, instead of purchasing cars.

When you try the B and A license, don't drive according to the blue, white and red lines on the ground.Just follow your racing line. This way is it easier to try the IA and IB licenses, where there are no lines on the ground.By then, you'll already figured out the best way to drive.

I suggest trying for all the licenses first. I done all but the Super License, but then it got me later when I tried to race when the S License was required. That slowed me down a bit. I was too anxious to race I think. Anyhow, the higher the license you get, the higher in the Amateur League you can get, even up to Professional. Get the Rally License for sure, get the right rally car, and you can sweep the Rally League. Good luck! :cool:

For those just starting the game, do the time trials first. you'll get the esperante GT1. its wicked fast and gorgeous! plus its a race car so you can win all the early races with ease (granted its not banned from comp.) :ghost:

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
For those just starting the game, do the time trials first. you'll get the esperante GT1. its wicked fast and gorgeous! plus its a race car so you can win all the early races with ease (granted its not banned from comp.) :ghost:

That would be the first time I've ever heard the Esperante described as gorgeous... :eek:

From time to time try the manual gears, you will eventually have a better edge over the race, and in manual when shifting down for the first time, try braking and shifting!! at the same time, you feel the car that way and later on you will sinchronise you'r shifting skills!

A good tip is to learn a good technique for you to control and even use understeer and oversteer. There are tracks that will naturally bring this subject to your attention...SS Route 11 is one of them. Anyway, understeer becomes worse when you brake again while you are sliding forward. Too much throttle at the end of a corner can cause your rear end to come out from under you. It takes some time to get adjusted to it if you have never played GT before, but experience comes with time. Hope this helps!

Learn multiple ways to apex your corners. Some are easier than others, but never underestimate a turn, it may bite you. I personally can be an agressive driver on GT3 sometimes, but I also have learned to apex corners differently than the AI cars ever do. I usually have a lot more throttle when I come out of the turn than the AI does. You can start by following the line of cars for the first lap or two. That may help you, but there may be a more effective way for your driving style. Play around with this some. You could use free run on Arcade if you complete that part of the game first. If not, just racing experience with other cars breathing on your bumpers can kinda "train" you to learn faster. Good luck!! :banghead:

always try to line the car straight before getting over a jump, or you might lose controll.
use the in-out-in or out-in-out method in cornering, the most used one is the out-in-out, you reach the corner from the outside cut it to the inside while braking, then accelerate while going to the outside this way you will benefit from the weight shift of the car on the track.
when it comes to rallying turning ahead of time will help to slide the car more easally, it is all in the throttle, on corners releasing and applying throtle will greatly influence the behavior of the car, for instance multiple cornering consisting of two corners, slide through the first when then quickly release gas and steer , as soon as you feel the car is going in the desired direction apply gas while working on the steering!!
try these tips you won't regret them!!

Latest Posts

Back