eiriksmil's cars

• Thread starter eiriksmil
  • 378 comments
I personally think the deep dishes suit the MK3 better but the gold wheels still look good. Also i would keep the cl rear lights instead of the gti and spray them entirely red.. Car looks good though đź‘Ť

I should get some pics of my friends cars we work on but it will be a lot of pictures lol. His eldest brother has a mk1 currently a shell being treated and resprayed going to be a show car, his other brother has a mk2 in grey with some awesome gottis and finally my friend has 2 mk2's one metallic brown on porsche d90's as a daily and me and him are working on a track car in his garage, we took the axles steering and engine from a mk3 gti and have put it in the mk2. Also which is going to be cool we chopped the entire front end off from the suspension struts and the engine rests on a single piece tubular frame. Were going to have the front bumper, sides and bonnet one piece that can be removed to get to the engine...

Their all ashamed I drive a Honda with German wheels :lol:

I personally think the deep dishes suit the MK3 better but the gold wheels still look good. Also i would keep the cl rear lights instead of the gti and spray them entirely red.. Car looks good though đź‘Ť

I should get some pics of my friends cars we work on but it will be a lot of pictures lol. His eldest brother has a mk1 currently a shell being treated and resprayed going to be a show car, his other brother has a mk2 in grey with some awesome gottis and finally my friend has 2 mk2's one metallic brown on porsche d90's as a daily and me and him are working on a track car in his garage, we took the axles steering and engine from a mk3 gti and have put it in the mk2. Also which is going to be cool we chopped the entire front end off from the suspension struts and the engine rests on a single piece tubular frame. Were going to have the front bumper, sides and bonnet one piece that can be removed to get to the engine...

Their all ashamed I drive a Honda with German wheels :lol:

I wouldn't mind if the wheels had a couple of inches more lip, I gotta admit. It's not the last set of wheels this car has seen though, I can tell you that! :) I'd like a set of all-red Hella tails, the problem is I would probably throw them on the white car first lol.

Sounds pretty good bud.. Are the Gottis by any chance 16s? Grey one sounds familiar as hell.. No worries, German cars with Japanese wheels, Japanese with German wheels.. That's just cool :)

Love that new Daihatsu. Any plans for it? (Or is that a stupid question...)

Also:

Jeezus indeed! That's quite a trip...

I think the plans are somewhat apparent, lol. I'd like to do a respray in addition to coils and wheels though, this build is going to be a little slower than the German cars because of parts availability and the fact that I have no clue on what's up on these cars. For instance, the PCD is apparently a super weird 4x110, old Mazda and Daihatsus had it. I need to go over all fluids, perhaps do the timing belt (no idea when/if it was replaced) and make it road legal, that's the first things to do with this car.. :)

Oh, and walked outside yesterday and realised I have this parked outside.. I had forgotten about it :ill:
IMG002-2-3.jpg

Yea its a 5dr grey mk2 on 16'' gottis, I dont think theres any pics up. He's not a member on any forum unless someone took them from fb...

Seats are pretty funky on the G10 btw :lol:

Absolutely love your collection! Been looking though the thread for a while since it started, but never posted in it. An oddball collection is what I'd love to have in the future. Look forward to more updates on yours! :D

Seats are rad.. :)

Good to hear Medigo.. :) Oddballs are where it's at!
Since I started this thread a couple of the guys at the smaller lock-up we're renting closer to home have jumped ship. I actually got a call from one of them on the way home from picking up the white Charade. Rather short notice, but I've been thinking about getting rid of the 'toy barn' lock-up for a while (long drive, humid, I don't use it as much as I should) and these events have accelerated the process. With more space available at the new lock up, I should be able to keep everything there. I may have to sell or kill off a car or two but it's worth it :)

I found an old shot from the lock up this winter
IMG147-2-1.jpg

And one from today :)
IMG070-2-2.jpg

My buddy is moped and scooter crazy lol.. There's similar much space on the other side of the door, we should be able to fit 4-5 cars in here come winter.

One new shot of the Mk3 summer sled:
IMG100-2-1.jpg

And current daily status:
IMG011-2-4.jpg

I've been spending my time on a buddies Mk3 Cabriolet the past week. ****ing heap but good fun. Oh, and had the red Charade state inspected. It failed :P Springs, brakes and wipers - good thing I have all parts from the blue car..! Only thing is it apparently had rusty rear strut towers, I hope they're not too bad..

God, I love that MK3 so much! It's my favourite gen of Golf, and I just dig those wheels! My neighbour had an all-original blue MK3 a few years ago. He's since upgraded to a MK5, and I somewhat miss his MK3. His son has a MK1 GTI 5 door, all original too apart from the exhaust, and I'm pretty sure the 5 door GTI is rare. It's a shame he lets it just sit outside all the time. :(

Brilliant collection you have here, makes me very jealous! :D

Thanks for the kind words bud. I enjoy it, modern enough to serve as a daily if I want to, old enough to be quirky.. :) Plus I think they look damn good and handle decently. Season here is soon over and it'll be time for winter storage again, but expect better fitment at the rear, new headlights (ABTs or two chamber OEM lights), duckbill lip instead of the VR one and getting it a LOT lower next year.. :)

IMG_5292.jpg

Another shot by someone else today, next to the Jetta it's kinda small.. And low.. :)

Thanks dude., appreciate it.. Decided my white 4door had been stock for too long, so I stole the wheels off the blue car, ****ed up the white car a little.. :)
IMG_2963.jpg

It's rather low.. :)

I've put the Funcargo and white Mk3 in winter mode.. Even manage to blast a little rust off the Funcargo and undercoat it. But that's not exciting. This is:
IMAG0249.jpg

Picked up this tonight, it's a Daihatsu Charade GTti.. 3pot turbo.. It was imported to Norway as the first one well over ten years ago and currently one of two in this country..

Did some work today - it lives 8) Shut off the next second and wouldn't start from there on :lol: But, the engine turns very nicely and when it did start and run for a second, it sounded healthy. The body underneath has the usual rust.. Plus, as you can see there's a small hole in the DS rocker (and a hole inside there). But seeing as the rear strut towers are completely new and the arches are sound, it would be crazy to part it. The color without the styling actually looks quite OEM like and it has hold up well - a couple of scratches, no big dents bar one on the hood and no over spray or orange peel. Also some cracks in the paint where things were smoothed off and the repeater delete was a bad one.

Pulled off the other side skirt, trial fitted a big bumper up front. The bumper hits the intercooler intake on the bottom, so I have to move the intake down below the bumper or cut the bumper slightly. Fit some mirrors and a mesh grill, looked a whole lot more original already. Have to find a smooth rear hatch tub/garnish and paint it black.. It was a pleasure bolting off the rear bumper and throwing away the smoked tails 8) Unmodifying a car is the best feeling :lol:

My welder needs to have a look at the car and give me a rough quote.. I'm on the look out for stock IC piping, a rocker, OEM GTti side skirts, a rear smooth tub and a US spec rear bumper - big with a short plate recess. If any Americans want to help me out with the last part I'd be really grateful :)

There's a LOT of wire craziness on this car.. The indicators started working when the rear windshield wiper was activated :lol:
IMAG0257.jpg

We got a lot done today.. Big thanks to a buddy of mine for dedicating the day!

How many cars do you have?! :lol:

I'd love to come to your garage and just have a go with all your cars. :dopey:

Well, I got rid of the old Toyotas are they were only major headaches and wouldn't fit inside my new lock up. I'd love to get a Cali rust free TE72 but one thing at the time. I currently have seven cars, three VWs, three Daihatsus and the FunCargo daily. About the correct number of cars, I think :)

Well, I got rid of the old Toyotas are they were only major headaches and wouldn't fit inside my new lock up. I'd love to get a Cali rust free TE72 but one thing at the time. I currently have seven cars, three VWs, three Daihatsus and the FunCargo daily. About the correct number of cars, I think :)

You know you've got a collection going when you're not quite sure of how many cars you have. Still, that's impressive. đź‘Ť

Nice find with the Charade! Hopefully you get her all fixed up and gleaming. Can't wait to see more updates on progress! :D:tup:

I think progress will be steady with this one. We will definitively get the wiring redone this week. See if we can find more rust as well. Also looks as if I now have spark plus wires and OEM IC piping. Have started looking for a US bumper and also trying to source a JDM hatch garnish, all black with Charade lettering. Those are rare, I have got hold of one but I don't want the whole hatch lol.

So we continued today.. My buddy actually managed to finish soldering and wrapping the interior wiring.. Thanks a bunch man!
IMAG0261.jpg

Cleaned the garage today and continued where I left off last time. Installed OEM mirrors and smooth tails replacing the gaudy tinted pre-facelift ones.
IMAG0266.jpg

Tried on a set of wheels, 7J ET24 w/ 10mm spacer. Clears the arch even before coilovers, with 40mm between the wheel and the strut. These rear arches make a world of difference..!

With my ****ty cell phone pics of the occasion it's hard to tell the color of the car.. But an unpainted, uncut (intercooler cut out in the other bumper) bumper really makes the color look stock.
IMAG0258.jpg

My welder is coming to have a look this week.. Next thing to do is remove that cut to hell ugly rear bumper and prepare the welding with wire brushers around the obvious rusted metal. Moving quickly here :)

Sent the GTti off to the welder last week. Welding has commenced, apparently.

With the GTti out of the garage I started playing with my red Charade and the new short struts.. It came out low :)
IMG021-2_zps19eba827.jpg

IMG022-2-2_zps48983ea7.jpg

IMG024-2_zps1a188025.jpg

Can't wait to get the coilovers on the other Charade :)

Did you import that red Charade from the US just recently?
I spy some 2012 tags on that Arizona plate.

you havent by any chance owned a Turbo'd charade last year? a buddy of mine heard and saw a charade, flying past him outside Oslo spring 2012 :P and Oddly enough, Ive never seen any of your cars around, even though I work in Oslo, and live just outside it. What side of the city do you live?

Nah Doog, if I bought an Arizona car I would've had a rust free one lol. AZ plate belongs to the blue Golf.

you havent by any chance owned a Turbo'd charade last year? a buddy of mine heard and saw a charade, flying past him outside Oslo spring 2012 :P and Oddly enough, Ive never seen any of your cars around, even though I work in Oslo, and live just outside it. What side of the city do you live?

No, as far as I know my GTti was parked at that time, as was my buddy's black GTti. As far as I know those are the two only G101 GTtis in Norway. It may have been a regular G101 Turbo or a G11 Turbo. Apparently there are some around. I live in Fagerborg.

Far as I can tell all of Erik's Charades have been low & slow so far.

While this is my first GTti, the blue one was a 90 bhp 16v and quite fun to throw around corners as they weigh 800 kgs. I topped out past 120 mph (speedo) in it once (a little scary lol). The ultra stiff coilovers and short wheelbase means you can actually drive 'em hard even when low.. :)

It might have been the silver GTti a few posts above here - those are actually pretty quick.

Going for 160 bhp eventually with the GTti. Collected it from welding yesterday, I'm stoked. Now I need to undercoat it and seal the weld seams inside and I can start putting it back together.. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a US rear bumper soon too.

Oh, and I bought some new rollers for the Funcargo this year :P
487602_4148526644129_2080139184_n_zps7e4636dc.jpg

Not the best shots.. Mainly shots of anti rust oil.. All parts of the floor that's dark black (wet oil in photos) is new metal.. Feels good, hope to have the floors and rear wheel wells painted by the weekend.. :)

IMG019-2-2_zps94893ac9.jpg

IMG021-2_zps4a438f63.jpg

IMG018-2-2_zpsf459ef69.jpg

IMG029_zpsc00fd51e.jpg

Oh and the red car is still the low one.. :)
IMG014-2-2_zpsbcf2cb2c.jpg

Last edited:
Back