End game career mode

Portugal
Portugal
So a search a bit, and couldn't find anything about this so i gave it a shoot.

I've been thinking about the endgame experience in GT7, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. While online races are fun, they often feel disconnected and lack a sense of continuity. Depending on online communities to have some form of career progression isn't ideal for everyone.

I would love if GT7 had a dedicated career mode for the endgame? Something similar to the online manufacturer tournaments but as a single-player experience and more long. In this mode, you could choose a brand and consistently race with the same car, more like the career in rally games, building up a career with more structure and long-term goals.

I'm writing this post in the hope that someone from the game development team might see it and agree with the idea. I believe this addition wouldn't be too difficult to implement and could offer a more satisfying and cohesive experience for players who enjoy a structured progression without solely relying on online interactions.

What do you think? Would a career mode like this enhance your GT7 experience?

Last edited:
So a search a bit, and couldn't find anything about this so i gave it a shoot.

I've been thinking about the endgame experience in GT7, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. While online races are fun, they often feel disconnected and lack a sense of continuity. Depending on online communities to have some form of career progression isn't ideal for everyone.

I would love if GT7 had a dedicated career mode for the endgame? Something similar to the online manufacturer tournaments but as a single-player experience and more long. In this mode, you could choose a brand and consistently race with the same car, more like the career in rally games, building up a career with more structure and long-term goals.

I'm writing this post in the hope that someone from the game development team might see it and agree with the idea. I believe this addition wouldn't be too difficult to implement and could offer a more satisfying and cohesive experience for players who enjoy a structured progression without solely relying on online interactions.

What do you think? Would a career mode like this enhance your GT7 experience?
I'm open minded tbh. I was travelling/o holiday fir 2 weeks recently and took my barely used Switch away. Sadly I arrived at conclusion that it'd be quite difficult to cart around my ps5, dd pro, next level racing stand and vr2 equipment on planes...

Installed a Grid game and must say I did enjoy the curated career mode, sense of progression, receiving offers from teams, challenges from sponsors and accumulating xp, race series, seasons etc.

It was good fun and quite engaging. Gt structure felt very hollow/mediocre in comparison.

Not saying should be forced to do it, or ecactky the same as this older grid game, but it was enjoyable and it fekt much more engaging/exciting/intersting than gt7 'career' despite gt7 blowing it out the water in many ways.

Plus the pit crew talking to yiu, having a team mate for constructors championship and overall feel/vibe contributed to rewarding/engaging experience.

Only played it for a couple of hours, but just my initial thoughts. Actually felt like in a race too, cars taking each other out, intense battling rather than chase the rabbit.

Last edited:
B80
Grid game ..was good fun and quite engaging. Gt structure felt very hollow/mediocre in comparison.
Grid has always been this way: it is intended to be a story about you as the driver.
GT has always been this way: it simply shows you as a car collector who drives them on circuits or have them collect dust in your garage of pocket space dimensions.

Doesnt mean it has to stay this way, and I would like to see difference and have one big "deliver it all game" myself, but the expectations are the opposite:
Want a career game? Pick a career game.

Latest Posts

Back