The MRA, MGTOW & Red Pill Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 75 comments
@Yard_Sale just made a post about how nobody got his joke, and it's somehow their fault that they didn't. There is a tendency among the red pill crowd (and @Yard_Sale is an example of this based on his affinities for grouping males into alpha/beta hierarchies) to get frustrated when you don't understand their humor. But that's partly because a lot of times that humor is used for ulterior motives, like hiding true beliefs, or as a litmus test for friends.

I have a longtime friend who is a red pill incel. I'm not entirely sure he knows it, but he subscribes to most of the incel mind game. His humor is often based on a dry deadpan, which people are supposed to realize is sarcastic despite no sarcastic tone. The deadpan humor in this case is partly used as a litmus test. If you don't get his sarcasm despite the lack of tone, it's because you don't know him well enough. So if you fail to get his joke, you're guilty of something far worse than simply not getting the joke or not thinking he's funny. You're guilty of not understanding who he is, and thinking that he might have been serious about his sarcastic comment. This of course is something he internalizes, which makes him feel worse about himself, more misunderstood, more disconnected.

This sense of humor is designed to create an in-crowd and an out-crowd. Those who know you and those who don't. And if you find yourself getting more and more isolated, and the in-crowd is shrinking, it only ends up making you feel alone. The whole red pill problem is a lack of self-esteem coupled with social isolation. And a sense of humor designed to test social ties is partly coming from that lack of self-esteem, and it only ends up reinforcing the social isolation and lack of self-esteem.

It's tough to tell a friend "hey your dry deadpan sense of humor that you pride yourself on is actually pat of what is tormenting you".
How do you break someone out of it?

It seems, in my experience, people still don't acknowledge their faults when it's pointed out.

What are all these crazy terms?

If there's all sorts of crazy terms:
1) It's a cult
2) Started a new career/hobby (see option 1)

Last edited:
How do you break someone out of it?

It seems, in my experience, people still don't acknowledge their faults when it's pointed out.

Trying to break people out of metal traps is such an interesting and complex issue. It's probably best handled by a professional. Preferably one that has experience with inceldom.

Part of a chat with a friend during the debate:
1726071527870.png

I dunno, it seems borderline impossible.

It's not a nationalist trying to kick out illegals, it's a white nationalist trying to get rid of non-whites. The Springfield, Ohio story is just the biggest example now, b/c those Haitians are not illegals, yet they're getting thrown into Trump's rants about why illegal immigrants are bad & need to be deported. It's just pure racism. And his supporters amplify it by seeing a story about a black woman being arrested in 1 part of Ohio & a black man holding a goose in another part of Ohio. They have no proof those are Haitians (the woman is actually a US citizen), yet they see "black skin" and go, "See! Trump's right!".

Just like when he proposes deporting anchor babies despite the fact those are US citizens by birth & can not be deported under the 14th Amendment. Yet Trump believes an Executive Order can just over rule the Constitution without a single challenge b/c he literally thinks a US President has no oversight from anyone.

My sister says she would drop a friend if they came out supporting Trump. I suppose that's been a problem for many Americans.
I said fairwell to a friend of nearly 30 years just recently in part because he supported Trump but also because he was becoming openly racist and sexist. Wonder if those things are related hmmm...

My sister says she would drop a friend if they came out supporting Trump. I suppose that's been a problem for many Americans.
It is. It's part of the reason many people do not like Trump; they place his divisiveness as fault for many families separating.

I have two sisters who follow him, but thankfully, one is not so far gone like sharing a bunch of right wing memes/nonsense stories. She did share the "Kamala earrings" claim, but she had her own friends tell her it was debunked & she accepted it. My other sister though, might be gone. Her daughter has a good head on her shoulders, but shared a "meme" about the Unrealized Capital Gains Tax & how it (incorrectly) would apply to people who inherit homes. Her friends said that only affects those with a net worth of $100+ million, so it does not apply to her. My sister attacked each of them & like Trump's tangents, went into a dumb rant about groceries, gas, & inflation. When she changed her profile pic/banner to Trump after his assassination attempt, I snoozed all her posts. I love my sisters, but I will not read, see, or indulge them with cult 45 ********.

Last edited:
To be a bit more serious, I like the idea of MGTOW - not making everything about the pursuit of relationships - but I do loathe its “execution.”

To be a bit more serious, I like the idea of MGTOW - not making everything about the pursuit of relationships - but I do loathe its “execution.”
You should probably know that MGTOW doesn't mean to a lot of people what you just summarized it as - not making everything about the pursuit of relationships. To a lot of people, the MGTOW movement is rooted in the principle that women are a problem inherently.

I think a lot of men get confused that because the presence of many women has a particular effect on them, that the problem is the presence of women, when actually it is the effect. The goal of the MGTOW should probably be to work on themselves to the point where they can confidently and safely interact with half of humanity without compromising themselves somehow. I think this is predominately a male issue.

Back