End of the line for Honda Integra/Acura RSX

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 73 comments
...That is assuming they back the Civic Si down a bit, or they turn the RSX up from 9 to 11 on the performance scale. Maybe the US RSX will end up being the Euopean-Spec Civic Type-R with a different body style...?

That would be neat.

About time too, since the current Civic Si is basically the old Type R's match, we would need a step up to the current Type R for anything above it...and I don't think they would be looked on favorably for taking the just now decent Civic Si and taking it back down to what it was, a joke.

Well, I sure hope Acura has something waiting for us in the pipeline. Maybe they wanted to align us with the European Honda to introduce the Civic Type-R?

Last I checked however, the only thing that makes a difference between the American Civic Si and European Civic Type-R is the 2-door hatch back and crazy-European styling... Both have 200HP, but the suspension on the Type-R might be a bit tighter...

The Type R is supposedly to have the same Hp output (Honda doesn't like pumping gobs of horsepower through FWD chassis, they know better) but it's apparently down to pretty close to a ton.

Which would be neat if they decided to bring it over here, even in Acura guise.

YSSMAN
Last I checked however, the only thing that makes a difference between the American Civic Si and European Civic Type-R is the 2-door hatch back and crazy-European styling... Both have 200HP, but the suspension on the Type-R might be a bit tighter...
No, both the American and Japanese cars have better suspensions than then any Euro Civic. We have a mult-link rear-end, and they have a Torsion-beam rear end. Our rides better and handles better than theirs.

To some extent, I feel like it is about time they killed the Integra/ RSX.

With the new Civic Coupe, Coupe SI, and Concept Civic Type R, there wasn't a need for the RSX.

I think Honda made a good move by killing the RSX and hopefully this will just give them more time to concentrate on stepping up the role of the Civic. 👍

My only complaint is that they went away from the DC2 before this... Slight refinements to the DC2 gen Integra would have been perfect hold-overs for those who wanted to keep the Integra alive until the New Civic was released. I liked the DC2 generation but the DC5 gen just didn't appeal to me. Now that the DC5 is being canned I am content knowing the new Civic is such an awesome step up from the old Civic. 👍

Agree with Toronado... despite what Honda may claim, I don't think there's any way the hatchback with a torsion beam rear (and there's still no indication that the Type R will have anything else) will outhandle the current coupe with the multilink rear.

If Acura does update the RSX, it could very well be based on the underpinnings of the current Civic Si. Despite the cab-forward and chunky appearance of the Civic, it isn't really that stubby. You'll notice a ton of dash beneath that windshield.

An Acura version could have a longer, more traditional hood, and more distinctive styling... not that the current Civic styling is bad (the Si looks decently sporty).

But they would need to do something really special with the powerplant to differentiate it enough from the Si... 250hp supercharged, perhaps?

...Why not use that 240+HP turbocharged 2.3L I4 from the new RDX?

It's possible... but then they could just supercharge the current K20 and get 250hp or so.

But knowing the direction that car manufacturers are going... i.e.: bigger, bigger, bigger... they might actually do something like that... use the 2.3, I mean.

Car Makers these days...It's quite sad really. (A la' Celica, Supra, 3000GT)

Why scrap it just because it isn't selling well?

Why not work hard and restore the Integra?
Bring back the 'Type R' and lean the styling towards the New-Gen Civic.

This, for years and years has been a Honda icon, yet they go and just scrap when they feel like it...

Lift your game Honda and wakeup and realize that you could turn this piece of Honda history back into a great car.

GT Pro
Car Makers these days...It's quite sad really. (A la' Celica, Supra, 3000GT)

Why scrap it just because it isn't selling well?

Why not work hard and restore the Integra?
Bring back the 'Type R' and lean the styling towards the New-Gen Civic.

This, for years and years has been a Honda icon, yet they go and just scrap when they feel like it...

Lift your game Honda and wakeup and realize that you could turn this piece of Honda history back into a great car.

Money. Plain and simple. Honda like every other car company is a business and if they find a way to make more money they will do it. It's sad but it works. Look at what has happened to toyota since they scrapped the Supra, and celica.

....Thats easy, it's called the Honda Civic Si...

RSX/Integra:
20027153-396x249.jpg

Civic Si:
06.honda.civic.340.jpg

Latest Posts

Back