F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
Thanks to all the testers for their great efforts and surviving my overpowered chunk of Americana.👍👍

Had a lot of fun tuning for this and looking forward to seeing all of you again real soon in the next F.I.T.T. Shootout.:cheers:

Motor City Hami
Wow. Thanks for all of the driver's choice selections. I just thought the Jag was a cool car so I picked it. I do think it would have been half a second faster if I had painted it green.

Lime green! :D

Congratulations to all the tuners for an excellent job on all the cars. It was a pleasure to drive them all and learn all their little nuances.👍

Great job Praiano and Uga on an exceptionally close battle for first and to Uga for coming out on top by the slimmest of margins:tup:

Special congrats from me to Lewis and CSL from me, who along with Uga, I thought were the best tunes for me. Well done.👍👍

And last but not least, thanks to Krenkme for organizing this smashup!!

Last edited:
Cheers to all the testers for driving and giving great feedback, and of course to krenkme for organising this shootout.

Oh and for being my test driver while I blindly made changes to the tune. :lol: Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Congrats to all! That was a pretty close finish between 1st and 2nd...

Sorry but i have a different result on the total time...???
krenkmeclassic2_zps551eabb2.jpg

EDIT: Sorry i've forgot Jhonnypenso first time, but it doesn't change my result.

Last edited:
Congrats to Uga and praiano for the wins. Was a very fun shootout this, well done and thanks to all the tuners for providing us testers with excellent cars. Thanks to krenkme for hosting.

Last edited:
Test Results

1:26.656 - Onboy123 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Slight inside wheelspin, could have used a touch more LSD accel. Very stable, predictable and safe to drive. Little tight on exit. Very good balance.

Thanks…but quick question…how did you find 2 full seconds from that thing?! :crazy: I was adamant that it would only ever manage a 28…nothing's impossible, it seems.

Anyway…yea, from what I remember, it was a bit of a compromise between running a Accel that was just spinning the inside or just spinning the outside, so I stuck with inside wheelspin since it just seemed the safer bet. Thanks for your time. 👍
_____

And to Iain, thanks for being the only one who saw the magic in my magnificent and beautiful and brilliant and <some positive adjective> and best Ferrari tune (Ok…maybe not that) and gave it the top vote in the driver's choice. 👍 The rest of you lot can go stuff yourself. :lol: I kid, thanks to everyone involved for the work. :cheers:

Thanks…but quick question…how did you find 2 full seconds from that thing?! :crazy: I was adamant that it would only ever manage a 28…nothing's impossible, it seems.

Anyway…yea, from what I remember, it was a bit of a compromise between running a Accel that was just spinning the inside or just spinning the outside, so I stuck with inside wheelspin since it just seemed the safer bet. Thanks for your time. 👍

To be honest, I was wondering the same thing myself...lol. I do have a new wheel (G27 vs DFGT) and it's much better at all the things I struggled with before, mainly accuracy with the throttle and brake and to some extent the steering. I find it much easier to place the car where I want and make finite adjustments with the throttle to control wheelspin. In the past for example, I'd favour a weaker LSD that gave no outside wheelspin at the worst corner for that, but might have been weaker elsewhere. Now I'll take the one that's stronger and suited for more corners, and use the throttle to modulate on the one it slightly overpowers.

I even took the dreaded Yellowbird and BTR out for a spin at various tough tracks like Eiger, DF, TM etc, tuned at first, then completely stock on stock tires, and i can get them around all the tracks, without incident and with a decent pace as well. I couldn't do that with the DFGT although I know others can but for some reason this new wheel syncs up well with the kind of feedback I need to drive more consistently.

Also can the Clueless Awards Show be a thing from now on? :lol:

Not if this happens :( vvvv

Sorry but i have a different result on the total time...???
krenkmeclassic2_zps551eabb2.jpg

EDIT: Sorry i've forgot Jhonnypenso first time, but it doesn't change my result.

I find that my numbers concur with Praiano's...

killmenow.png

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

with such a close finish I should have double checked my times :(. You are correct. I have failed, and for that I'm sorry. praiano is the winner.

p- 88.902. 88.045, 87.032, 87.254, 85.892, 86.667, 84.982 = 608.774
u- 89.361, 87.962, 86.815, 86.618, 86.220, 87.334, 84.959 = 609.269

I missed something along the way, and I am truly sorry. I just hope you all can forgive me :nervous:
killmenow.png

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!! :dopey:

Nice shootout, thanks to all the testers. Don't worry my friend Krenkme, it was so close that it's difficult to tell there is a winner.
This event produce some very good tunes, a car that work well on this track is a very good all around car for sure.
Congrats to everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

This was an interesting and fun competition!

Now that its over would anyone mind giving me some pointers as to which parts of the tune to change in order to improve me car :) (I also fail at transmission which is why i left it as stock basically cause i didn't notice any difference when I tried changing them)

This was an interesting and fun competition!

Now that its over would anyone mind giving me some pointers as to which parts of the tune to change in order to improve me car :) (I also fail at transmission which is why i left it as stock basically cause i didn't notice any difference when I tried changing them)

I'd give you advice but we had the exact same problem. If I take mine out and fix it, I'll let you know what I come up with...lol.

My advice to both of you for fixing your tunes. Open the door to your Ferrari, step out, walk over to the 2D, get in and step on the accelerator.

I started with the Ferrari for this event because on paper it should have been the best car at this PP level. I couldn't tame her, so gave up and entered the Jag.

Could someone explain how I get these ratios

Transmission:
Set final gear to 4.200 (after mods installed)
Set top speed slider to minimum
Set final gear to minimum (2.500)

Is there a correct order needed to get them?

Could someone explain how I get these ratios

Transmission:
Set final gear to 4.200 (after mods installed)
Set top speed slider to minimum
Set final gear to minimum (2.500)

Is there a correct order needed to get them?

Not sure where you got those ratios from, or their relevance to this thread, but I would hazard a guess that you would do exactly what you've posted, possibly reset the gearbox to default before you start. Like I say though, not knowing where you got them from or what they're for, there's not much else that can be said...

{Cy}

Back