F1 2011 Race of Champions - Spa Francorchamps - *Invitation Only*F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Tom
  • 65 comments
Man now I remember why I stopped playing this game, the complete lack of feel and ridiculously floaty and sliding rear-end are almost un-bearable. Fortunately Spa is a track that you don't need to put on a lot of steering lock in the fast stuff so you don't notice it so much but having a play around again at Catalunya is a nightmare. If I try and drive smooth and consistent its far too slow, you have to drive so completely over the edge it becomes very frustrating.
I notice this a lot more now I'm playing with a wheel too - the wheel promotes smooth and steady steering which is not the fastest way around this game. You have to be sawing at the wheel to get any kind of laptime out of it - which is fine and can be fun but the lack of real feedback and completely bizarre high-speed physics make it a chore trying to complete laps.

I'm still in for this race but I'm just very glad its Spa and not Catalunya or Silverstone!

It's poor, but manageable. Just.

Man now I remember why I stopped playing this game, the complete lack of feel and ridiculously floaty and sliding rear-end are almost un-bearable. Fortunately Spa is a track that you don't need to put on a lot of steering lock in the fast stuff so you don't notice it so much but having a play around again at Catalunya is a nightmare. If I try and drive smooth and consistent its far too slow, you have to drive so completely over the edge it becomes very frustrating.
I notice this a lot more now I'm playing with a wheel too - the wheel promotes smooth and steady steering which is not the fastest way around this game. You have to be sawing at the wheel to get any kind of laptime out of it - which is fine and can be fun but the lack of real feedback and completely bizarre high-speed physics make it a chore trying to complete laps.

I'm still in for this race but I'm just very glad its Spa and not Catalunya or Silverstone!

Hi Ardius,

the right setups change the physics a lot.
have a look on my blog http://www.psisimracing.com
there you can get some nice setups to test.

cheers
DarkPSI

Cheers for that Dark, turns out my setup isn't far off (for Spa at least, I adapted it a bit using some of your settings from Catalunya). The Catalunya setup is night and day difference! Though the physics can still bite hard when driven too aggressively - which is what is needed to get the laptime. Its so counter-intuitive to be driving the car with it sliding everywhere but still turning in more and more. If I drove like this in GT5 or iRacing I'd be spinning around every corner, in those games if you feel the car starting to step out you know to counter-steer or back out of the throttle. In this game its the ordinary mid corner behaviour and you can find more grip by continuing to turn.

Weirdly enough I feel like the cars in this game handle like they are on an oval, as the driving style is pretty similar.

22nd might actually be not be doable for me, I partially tore the tendon in my ankle yesterday and I'm on crutches for the rest of the week at minimum and I can't put any weight on my right foot to reduce the risk of fully tearing it. I have pictures but I won't post them, they're pretty gruesome.

Sorry to hear about that, Tom. If anything, I can probably host this race if you aren't able to race, and if it can't be postponed about a week for you to heal up enough.

👍

So, shall we say the 5th of August? Gives me a week to recover and then get practising.

I start my holidays that weekend; but may be around, or nearby enough, to take part; don't re-schedule on my account-especially as further delay may mean the race happens after the arrival of F1 2012 :)

Yea postponing it sounds good to me especially if your injured Tom (sorry to hear about that mate). I haven't had time to practice yet but 5th is good for me or any other date really guys

Could someone else host it for me? My injury is still affecting my gameplay and I don't want to be a hazard...

How bad is it affecting your racing? You should be able to race just fine. Maybe we can start a little earlier or later so that Dark can make it as well?

Sorry I won't be able to race tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, and watch out for the invisible walls at Pouhon :)

Aww, that's a shame, was looking forward to a good fight with you and Baumi for 3rd place, or 2nd place since Dark won't be there either unfortunately.

Pardon the double post, but the race is in 40 minutes. I'll host the race if no one else will, so everyone send me a friend request if you have not as yet.

I suppose. Tom can't host, but I can, hopefully. How's 8:30PM BST August 12 for you guys?

Back