F1 Manager 2024 Announced for Summer 2024 Launch, With New "Create a Team" Mode

• Thread starter Famine
  • 30 comments
I'll create team as Andretti Cadillac, too. Clearly that will be popular.

Last edited:
Create a team. Mechanical failures. The prospect of the AI teams poaching your drivers and staff. The only thing missing that I wanted to see is online play.

'23 was a good step over the first game but this looks like its going to be another step above that. Quite looking forward to this.

Last edited:
For me, create a team is an absolute game-changer in something like this and the one feature that might get me interested in an F1 management game. Personally I find really limited value in just running an existing team. It doesn't translate the same way as it does in Football Manager.

I’m a little sceptical how much freedom we’ll have. It may just be a load of preset names to choose from, to prevent us doing what they know we will do.

Will this have an Insert Scandal mode?
Apparently so.

fim.jpg

I’m a little sceptical how much freedom we’ll have. It may just be a load of preset names to choose from, to prevent us doing what they know we will do.
Yeah, hopefully it just follows the My Team method from the other F1 game with just the liveries and logo's being presets that can be adjusted. Not being able to choose your own team name would be disappointing.

Just as I was thinking. Seems to work pretty much like MyTeam does in the Codies F1 Games. Preset liveries/race suits/helmets, with the ability to change the colors. Setting the starting performance of your car, budget, choosing drivers, sponsors, etc.

I'm more than happy with all this. Its looking good. Keen to see some gameplay footage now.

Last edited:

Only £30?

Last edited:
Only £30?
Yeah, think Frontier are trying to earn back the good will they lost with some people after the first game's rocky release. lol

Wonder what the Deluxe Edition contains? Might stick with just the standard version. Picked up the deluxe last year but never really played much of the exclusive race scenarios, outside of career mode.

Switch release announced.

Interesting to see how it runs on the Switch. I'm still planning on going with the PS5 version but being able to play this in handheld, while catching up with something else on the TV is seriously tempting.

Last edited:
Switch release announced.

Interesting to see how it runs on the Switch. I'm still planning on going with the PS5 version but being able to play this in handheld, while catching up with something else on the TV is seriously tempting.

Sounds like a job for the Playstation Portal

Going off the Reddit. Sounds like there's going to be a day one patch or at least one in the upcoming days. Development seems to be completely broken even on hard mode with people being able to make the worst performing car a contender for points and podiums within a handful of races. The mentality system as well seems like it's OP, giving drivers a huge rating boost when they are happy with things.

Anyway. Finally got around to pre-ordering the standard edition yesterday. I am hyped despite the issue. I'm sure Frontier will sort them out soon enough. Probably.

A few more reviews

Here's my counterfeit Andretti Autosport team attempt, with Jack Doohan and Pato O'Ward as the driver lineup. Need to rework the logo at some point.

F1® Manager 2024_20240725154853.jpg

I'd say starting with the lowest level car and lowest level facilities maybe isn't the best way to go about things with the new mentality system. Even though, the car improved to a point where both drivers were capable of finishing just outside of the points. Them and the staff were miserable all year due to the facilities and with money so hard to come by now, it was impossible to upgrade any of them to make them happier.

Edit: Decided to start a new save with slightly better starting facilities and staff, because I basically had no money to make or upgrade anything at the start of season 2. Shame because the car was looking pretty decent, think I could have been in the points at some stage. Hopefully the upcoming patch nerfs the mentality system. Currently it feels like the positive or negative buffs it provides are a little too OP. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of extra money for hitting race targets, or an increase in the cost cap as well. Money is ridiculously tight in the first year.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this game. I genuinely bought it for both Switch and PS5 (!) only £30 and no microtransactions is a "bargain" in this day and age.

Three glaring issues though which might be worth starting a new game for - sponsorship payouts seems bugged for the optional activities (you only get half of what it suggests you should get?)

When you adjust the car setup sliders, these seem to be ignored completely if you simulate the session (ugh)

And the main one is contract counter offers never actually get received. So they just time out and you end up annoying people and then they don't want to re-enter negotiations.

I know 1 and 3 are being looked into for a patch for early next week. All the above appear in all versions.

What I will say, is that there was a patch for the switch already and it made it run a lot better, as on D1 it was quite slow / laggybut this seems to be a lot lot smoother now (although still not as quick as PS5). Understandable due to the age of the hardware. It's a miracle it's on switch and I get to use it on flights / holidays / working away, so that's perfect for me.

I also created Andretti Global and did a yellow and red DHL indycar style livery.

Last edited:
Questions about the livery system:

1) Can you change all colors on all available liveries or only on a very few selected ones?
2) Can you choose multiple finishes like matte or metallic etc. for different colors?
3) Can you freely move spoonsors and logos around or is it just in limited predefined spaces?
4) Can you freely adjust size of sponsors and logos?
5) Can you import images on the PC version?

Questions about the livery system:

1) Can you change all colors on all available liveries or only on a very few selected ones?
2) Can you choose multiple finishes like matte or metallic etc. for different colors?
3) Can you freely move spoonsors and logos around or is it just in limited predefined spaces?
4) Can you freely adjust size of sponsors and logos?
5) Can you import images on the PC version?
1. All
2. Yes, matte, metallic, gloss, something else or have plain carbon fibre (carbon fibre is obs carbon fibre colour so no choice there)
3. Predefined spaces but you don't have to have sponsors in every space
4. No but you can adjust colours to the sponsor colour or a plain colour
5. Pass, sorry I don't know

Last edited:
A couple of races into season 2 with my fake Andretti team. Got to say that the racing has been much better, it might be down to the regulation changes that happened but the field is so much closer together than it was in year 1. Only around 4-6 cars are getting lapped during a race rather than the majority of the field.

Wondering if simulating races maybe increase the odds of your cars crashing or having a better than average result? I micro manged the season up until Singapore. And both O'Ward and Doohan never had any serious crashes up until that point. Sim'ed Singapore, because I was eager to get thru the year and Doohan somehow finished 10th (best result before that was 11th for O'Ward at Monza) and O'Ward crashed out completely. Doohan then crashed out at CoA and O'Ward got a 9th at Mexico. Might be a coincidence though.

Season 2 is starting off nicely. First podium achieved. The VSC from Max crashing was timed beautifully for Pato. Big thanks to Ferrari as well for doing a one stopper with Leclerc. Really helped a lot.

F1® Manager 2024_20240803093412.jpg

Cool. How do you get the one guy wearing a cap instead of the helmet?
Doohan, Lawson and Pourchaire are the only three Reserve/F2 drivers with their faces scanned for the game. I believe all the others only wear helmets in cutscenes.

Nice livery, btw. I like the colors. 👍

Last edited:
Here is my design, Eagle Racing.

View attachment 1377630
Small world, I have Seagull Racing 😎😎😎

Just finished 6th in my first season. Broke the cost cap tactically and got a good starting car for season 2. Cash is in short supply but we already have the 4th best car and and I just need a 6th placed finish so let's see where this takes us....

Vesti is in his second season, just. He's one chassis away from being dumped for Antonelli, I can really understand why Steiner got so annoyed at Schumacher now!!!!

With about 8 races to go, I had a couple of spare parts left for my latest designs. I decided to not give Vesti any of them and save them for my generated #1 driver and he had to use the spares from the old designs. He wasn't getting points with the new stuff so I wasn't building any more for him!! He did get a point with old stuff but I just don't trust him anymore. I might go red bull on him midway through S2 if he keeps breaking all my nice stuff

1911a2cbd4069-screenshotUrl.jpg

1911a2c9f1244-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Vesti is in his second season, just. He's one chassis away from being dumped for Antonelli, I can really understand why Steiner got so annoyed at Schumacher now!!!!
Been lucky with O'Ward and Doohan so far that neither of them have really broken too many parts. And with how tight money is, I am glad of that. They are both on long term contracts now (five years for O'Ward and four for Doohan). So even if I wanted to fire them, not sure I could afford it now. :lol:

Also forgot to mention some of the drivers changes in my save for season 2 are wild. Perez at Haas, Russell back at Williams alongside Gasly. Ocon and Pourchaire at Merc, Albon at Aston. Stroll out of a seat entirely (LMAO). Why can't real F1 be this interesting?

Last edited:
You are lucky. Vesti crashed in his first three races, went through two engines, an ERS, a gearbox, 3 chassis, 3 front wings and more.

He was alright once he got going after that, in a couple more races he broke his front wing and I just retired him rather than give him a pit stop to replace it though. All I could think about was the 900k extra it'd cost me in fines (already over the cost cap, emergency purchase only) if he destroyed another one haha

By the last race he was on 27% on his 3rd ERS and not a chance in hell I was paying another 2.5m for a 4th. Needs to learn his lesson!!!

Last edited:
Back