Fanatec Black Friday 2021 Deals

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 41 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
eVnOKIqXpwsj4EZYELLR9dt-Nw9TzWBrUdMqy43EAIn7ovILppzEpMLKsF0Z8ezFyMMdCTSxLTa50_9J47rYk4_Bo-Cp2TQ3sREAOtMx3A-WPmQeoepIEHbb62urn8JdalgatR-X

If is the PS GT7 DD bundle i really hope the DD wasn't delayed overall just because of that.
I think a alot of people would have preferred to just by the base by itself.
We probably would have had it by now or very soon.

Gutted,I was really hoping for a deal on v3s inverted pedals
I feel ya brother! Fanatec announced not more than a year ago how they were developing entry level equipment. Seems they’re pushing that strategy this Black Friday. My thought: Pull the masses into the sim world and some percentage will get hooked and upgrade to the better equipment!
By the way, V3i was 2017 Black Friday deal.

Last edited:
Yeah agree with you there fishing for new blood,thought the v3s had been up before but was hoping they would announce podium pedals and put a push on the old stock,might get them anyway ,after a few beers on Saturday night i might be able to justify it to myself 🤣

Gutted,I was really hoping for a deal on v3s inverted pedals
For the money you could get HE Sprints, since V3i inherit all of the bad design choices of the regular V3s. So if on PC now that I have them, I would rather go with the DC3 or BJ Steel and all of them are quite easy to invert.... But if you are on console, than I understand why one would want the inverted V3s

Last edited:
Embarrassed to say this but each time I go to the Fanatec website I cannot figure out how to build a bundle. Just trying to figure out how to build the cheapest setup that is an upgrade of something like a Logitech G923, no shifter needed. For PS4 and PC. Would be nice if they had Fanatec created bundles that gives the buyer everything they need to get started.

Embarrassed to say this but each time I go to the Fanatec website I cannot figure out how to build a bundle. Just trying to figure out how to build the cheapest setup that is an upgrade of something like a Logitech G923, no shifter needed. For PS4 and PC. Would be nice if they had Fanatec created bundles that gives the buyer everything they need to get started.
At this moment the only working PS version of setup is Fanatec Podium F1 bundle (the one that costs 1700), which is PS4 compatible DD1 (normal isn't) since there is no PS compatible lower end base yet released. So there are two options DriveHub or wait for PS compatible lower end DD base sadly there isn't any other option. The cheapest setup possible is CSL DD + CSL Pedals + WRC/McLaren GT3 = 350+100+200 = 650€/$ (also I think LC is a must but it adds another 100).

Last edited:
Fanatec better not be cheeky by ONLY having this new PS CSL DD (assuming it will be called something along those lines) as a bundle only, with some Gran Turismo-branded wheels and pedals. They should also sell it as base only for us PS guys that already have other Fanatec gear.

If I recall right, Fanatec is big into having all their stuff being "modular" (and rightly so) so I hope that means their new PS base is sold as an individual unit. Guess we'll know next Friday!

Fanatec better not be cheeky by ONLY having this new PS CSL DD (assuming it will be called something along those lines) as a bundle only, with some Gran Turismo-branded wheels and pedals. They should also sell it as base only for us PS guys that already have other Fanatec gear.
If they were able to sell the parts separately I would have expected them to sell their current PS-DD1 outside of that F1 bundle.

If they were able to sell the parts separately I would have expected them to sell
Damn, that is a solid point. Does anyone recall if the PS CSL Elite was sold as base-only? I bought mine as a bundle with an F1 rim so don't recall

Damn, that is a solid point. Does anyone recall if the PS CSL Elite was sold as base-only? I bought mine as a bundle with an F1 rim so don't recall
I think it was a base and wheel combo when first released, but you could buy the base on it's own later, but I don't think you could buy the wheel (but not 100%)

I cant remember.
If it was it was 2019 atleast.
I bought my CSL bundle last year around May.
I never remember seeing the base sold as separate.
And since then the old belt drives slowly been discontinued.
Would have been cool to see Fanatec do a 3 tier setup .
To have a $400 belt drive wheel and the DD in the middle at around $700 and the DD1 on top.

No need to feel embarrassed. The Fanatec website is not intuitive (in the least). My 1st purchase was delayed many months before buying the CSL elite circa 2018 (sold for PS as base only). Saving grace for Fanatec [despite pathetic web page construction] are all the short videos on equipment compatibility, particularly by simracinggirl. If you have enormous amounts of time and/or love excruciating detail, then BoostedMedia is another good source.
The bundle will consist of wheel and base combination only. No dice for Black Friday as Fanatec already announced what’s being offered. Of course, the owner loves to surprise us and has previously …
QR2 anybody? What about Podium pedals or Podium shifter? Dream on my wayward sons!
If I recall right, Fanatec is big into having all their stuff being "modular" (and rightly so) so I hope that means their new PS base is sold as an individual unit. Guess we'll know next Friday!
Strongly doubt your wishes come true but Fanatec may have a stronger position with the Gran Turismo partnership (announced some months ago). A man can dream, can’t he?

Last edited:
I’m waiting around to see if they come out with a club sport DD. And of course I want to see if they come out with a top tier set of pedals

I could only assume they have a lot of R&D going on in the background

Last edited:
Does anyone recall if the PS CSL Elite was sold as base-only?
Yes it was. I bought the PS4 version of the CSL Elite wheel base+ back in April, along with a WRC steering wheel, clubsport V3 pedals and the H-shifter. I hope they do the same for the PS version of the CSL DD, 'cause if that earlier leaked photo was accurate, I was not overly enamoured with that rim.

Last edited:
Looks like the csl line quality is regressing to me,in a bid to keep the prices down
That is certainly true of the "CSL Hub", which really does look like a toy. The rest looks good to me though, the DD alone is an amazing value.

Last edited:
That is certainly true of the "CSL Hub", which really does look like a toy. The rest looks good to me though, the DD alone is an amazing value.
I have the old csl load cell pedals and they appear to be higher quality to me,especially with the 90kg load cell and choice of rubbers for brake travel,i also have the csl elite wheel base which is great,and have no reason to change yet,but i agree the DD seems great value and there using that to pull people into the brand

Back