General Model Kit Building Thread

Started on a Tamiya 2005 Subaru Impreza WRC for a friend of mine.

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUQq0fWjExqQPxI_B5u7VtjeVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoURYeCxAIyOCdF5bTJ9iFgWaVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoURu44QM8p-PhEoiterTmwa-Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

Got a little bit done... but it's a start.

Got started on the decals... Hope to start on the chassis and interior bits next week or so.

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUREzJn88MPuhikTclcbYShs5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUTNlO709Bc6NmJqIQa_BUIhV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUSn_kEiL7DBGxyaw2xfx0nnUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-eIV3cRqx4E_MB345skzpAJiPdsc69UFZGsGqTxmqoUQqBR_QWrB6W7s2mWL-mfM0aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

Thanks for looking in...
How did you go with the decals around the rear wheel arch/rear door?
I have seen reviews that claim it takes skill & lots of patience to get spot on.
Looks like you won in the end. It's coming along nicely. 👏

How did you go with the decals around the rear wheel arch/rear door?
I have seen reviews that claim it takes skill & lots of patience to get spot on.
Looks like you won in the end. It's coming along nicely. 👏
Nope, lost... the decals split. i worked them back together. They split on the middle stripe on both sides (even though I expected it on the 2nd one...). The decals are crap. These are not the Cartograph decals included with most Tamiya kits - why, I don't know??!!

It's not visible unless you're looking for it and look really close... I ordered another kit just in case, as well as a bunch of different yellow paints to see if I can touch it up. But we'll see - should be okay.

Thanks for the comment. And if you do this kit, declals #3 and #4 are the hardest. Make sure you take your time with those the most. After that, smooth sailing. OH!! And just remember, the decals are thin... like a Fujimi decal. :)

Back