Fanatec files for insolvency

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 213 comments
I still say that if they released a podium full force enabled pedal set, and a full force enabled shifter for three points of contact with rigs…that they would fix their dept problem in about 3 months.

That said, i can understand how pd/sony wanted to wait for this physics/ffb update before implementing full force. Once the sproing problem is solved i wonder if they will roll it out.

Insolvency does not mean the company is dead. It'll take some time until its fate is decided.

Thrustmaster does not have any up-to-date PS compatible wheels so highly doubtful.

A little offtop. I wonder what is going on with Thrustmasters Console Direct Drive wheel which was supposed to be released.
I think Gran Turismos Fanatec collaboration is propably the reason Thrustmaster is holding back on new PS5 wheels. We all know what kind of premium sony is charging for Playstation compatibility - this can be seen in fanatecs products also by just looking at the sickening price difference between csl dd and csl dd pro. That is all Sony premium. One can imagine this would be even more expensive to other manufacturers due to the Fanatec deal. I personaly think Sony is grossly abusing its dominant position on the market here, but hey thats just me.

And just to be clear in reality Sony = Polyphony Digital = Sony.

Last edited:
I think Gran Turismos Fanatec collaboration is propably the reason Thrustmaster is holding back on new PS5 wheels. We all know what kind of premium sony is charging for Playstation compatibility - this can be seen in fanatecs products also by just looking at the sickening price difference between csl dd and csl dd pro. That is all Sony premium. One can imagine this would be even more expensive to other manufacturers due to the Fanatec deal. I personaly think Sony is grossly abusing its dominant position on the market here, but hey thats just me.

Correct, because of their greed they are hurting PS5 Simracing....

The price difference between the CSL DD and GT DD Pro is 100 dollars (currently 150 because the CSL DD is on sale). The price difference of the Clubsport wheel base is 200 dollars. It's not as dramatic as you're making it out to be. How much would it cost you to have a Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel that works with PC, XBOX and PS? You get a discount on the non PS version.

The v2 pedals have been sold out for about 2 weeks now. Wonder if thats catching up on the black friday IT blunder, or something else.

The price difference between the CSL DD and GT DD Pro is 100 dollars (currently 150 because the CSL DD is on sale). The price difference of the Clubsport wheel base is 200 dollars. It's not as dramatic as you're making it out to be.
What really is a shame is that Sony requires the wheelbase to have the chip rather than the wheel like on the x-box.

With it being in the wheel rather than the wheelbase it allows a user to easily opt into that platform compatibility at a later time frame using existing gear they may already have rather than needing to replace the main component the wheelbase to add that compatibility.

I think Sony misses out on a fair amount of sim racers which may buy a PS if it was easier and less expensive to use the gear they already own and use for other platforms.

With it being in the wheel rather than the wheelbase it allows a user to easily opt into that platform compatibility at a later time frame using existing gear they may already have rather than needing to replace the main component the wheelbase to add that compatibility.
That's why I keep my t300 :D
It works with ps3, 4 and 5 (+ tlcm pedals for gt5 & 6)

What really is a shame is that Sony requires the wheelbase to have the chip rather than the wheel like on the x-box.

I think Sony misses out on a fair amount of sim racers which may buy a PS if it was easier and less expensive to use the gear they already own and use for other platforms.
100% agree. It's not just SIM racing equipment that's affected either.

The v2 pedals have been sold out for about 2 weeks now. Wonder if thats catching up on the black friday IT blunder, or something else.
I sure hope not. Are there people still waiting for BF items to be delivered?

Would any of you dare to invest into full bundle ecosystem from Fantec to play on PS5 as of today? Meaning to place and order in August 2024?

Would any of you dare to invest into full bundle ecosystem from Fantec to play on PS5 as of today? Meaning to place and order in August 2024?
I have an order in I placed the day before the announcement was made. Not for a bundle but for a shifter and handbrake. Just waiting... Up to you but you probably won't have issues especially if what you are looking for is in stock.

I ordered a Clubsport shifter on Sunday, July 28th, and had it in my hands by the following Tuesday. Doesn't hurt that I live an hour from their Texas Warehouse.

Last edited:
They were holding my order until the handbrake came in but it's supposed to go out this week. 🤞

If you’re already invested and need/want some upgrades or add ons, if its in stock go for it. You’re going to run it till its done anyway so might as well get the most out of it as you’ve already spent that money previously. If there’s a future its a bonus.

If you are new, then its a bit more of a risk - is it the best likely product you see for the near term? Willing to start over in a year or 3? Tho that’s a risk for the other products as well. If there is a good alternative then its harder to decide.

Change of ownership may improve things or just milk it. Prices possibly will go up, but not likely to go down.

Worst cases - it breaks and no one can fix it, games no longer support it (not likely in the near term) or no updates

Last edited:
Oh yeah. If you do order.

Make each item a separate transaction. It sounds like a pita, but it seems to be faster.

- as for black friday, dunno. I heard some rumor mill saying that a stooge had been hired in IT a bit before the whole Black Friday debacle. Who know’s how far into the ether those orders were banished, if thats the case. Its happened to me before. Took months to sort out. Fortunately, we didn’t do too many online sales then. Still..what a nightmare.

I Have none Fantec gear so far, so that would be complete upgrade from G29. I am Just worried it might not be delivered and money vanished.
Splitting order in two could be an option but not more due to shipment Costs.
I was shopping for GT DDPro, with HubV2, R300 wheel plus CSLx2 plus Load sell upgrade=x3 pedals. And h-Shifter on top.

I'd rather buy if I was sure they carry normal sales. Warranty is my risk for sure.

But hope for your advise if sales work and is Legit.
Order was place 25.07. Technical questions swnt to Fantec emaul not answered (in regard QR1/2 plastics), but new bank account note was recievwd yesterday from F.

Last edited:
Another here that thinks the Fanatec brand and product line is too popular with too much market share for the company not to be bought out or its products continued.

That does not mean though depending on the route taken to continue the brand that warranty on Fanatac products purchased prior to the takeover/buyout may no longer be in effect with the new owners.

Personally, I have owned quite a bit of Fanatec gear over the years and have never had any type of issues or needed to make any warranty claims but with the current situation involving the company if starting from scratch I would seriously consider other brands at the current time.

The only way I would consider Fanatac right now just starting out from scratch was if Play Station compatibility was a requirement because honestly I still think Fanatec offers the best gear with more choices in their eco system for wheels and pedals that are plug and play with the PS platform.

I am Just worried it might not be delivered and money vanished.
I never understand statements and worries like this. Maybe other countries work a lot differently than the U.S.? Over here, if I order something and pay with my credit card and it never arrives, there is NO scenario under which I am going to have to pay the bill for that item or items. That's part of the entire reason I even use my credit card to buy things, rather than using a debit card, wiring cash, etc. Credit cards offer protection.

And there's nothing to indicate that someone ordering in-stock equipment from Fanatec at the moment is suddenly just not going to receive their order because the company is dealing with the insolvency process.

I never understand statements and worries like this. Maybe other countries work a lot differently than the U.S.? Over here, if I order something and pay with my credit card and it never arrives, there is NO scenario under which I am going to have to pay the bill for that item or items. That's part of the entire reason I even use my credit card to buy things, rather than using a debit card, wiring cash, etc. Credit cards offer protection.
Not every one uses credid card, escpecially in case foreign currency is involved.
And there's nothing to indicate that someone ordering in-stock equipment from Fanatec at the moment is suddenly just not going to receive their order because the company is dealing with the insolvency process.
I guess most individuals who lost money could state - there was no indication that I could loose money.

Does anyone know how to complete a payment on the Fanatec website?! Not anywhere can I see to enter card details when I’m trying to compete an order!

It looks very promising, I just didn't understand one thing, the new headquarters and sale together with Endor or separately?
there was talk of selling the property and leasing it back at one time to raise money. Its still on the books so may be part of the deal or separate depending on who is buying i guess

Not every one uses credid card, escpecially in case foreign currency is involved.

I guess most individuals who lost money could state - there was no indication that I could loose money.

They should be though. If your order doesn’t get fulfilled then you just get ahold of the credit card company and do a charge back.

Posted by Thomas this morning:

Thomas3 - Copie.png

Posted by Thomas this morning:

View attachment 1382757
I mean, let me get this straight, first with his call he caused the company to go bankrupt and put it up for sale and then he wasn't even able to find anyone to buy it? And now his goal is to have a stake with the new owners? He claims that this is why Corsair pulled out, but the company said it is still interested.

Personally, each new statement is making me more and more confused. But from what I understand, by the end of the month we will probably have the name of the new owner, let's hope for the best.
The new Moza products are clear evidence that Fanatec has fallen too far behind in the hardware department. That is, the company that started by copying you, soon finds itself with a more interesting catalog and takes the partnership you had exclusively with Porsche, should make them think.

Last year when i was ranting about something not smelling right with that company. That it seemed there was a dudebro infection.

Yeah. This sucks.

Back