Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,034 comments
That wheel is an ugly looking thing, isn't it.

The functionality looks excellent however, hopefully Fanatec integrate some of that stuff unto future wheels or button modules.

Last edited:
I think this is not the place to ask this kind of question but as it concerns the Fanatec Gt DD Pro and the Fanatec GT DD Extrême. I have a stand like this below that I've been playing with a G29 since GT6.
View attachment 1327866
Do you think that a GT DD Pro of 5Nm or 8Nm would be suitable without the base moving? But I am very interested in the GT DD Pro Extreme. Only with constant 15Nm, will this no longer be suitable? Should I just limit myself to the GT DD Pro? Or if I take the GT DD Pro Extrême I have to change chassis, knowing that I don't have room for a large cockpit and that the best for me would be a folding cockpit? Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
That's only good for what you have tbh. I tried a Fanatec setup with that kind of rig and it's a disaster. Ended up having yoga mats to keep the chair and wheel at a reasonable distance without movement but gave up and had to buy a steel tube connected seat and wheel. You're going to move all over the room and get frustrated.

I think this is not the place to ask this kind of question but as it concerns the Fanatec Gt DD Pro and the Fanatec GT DD Extrême. I have a stand like this below that I've been playing with a G29 since GT6.
View attachment 1327866
Do you think that a GT DD Pro of 5Nm or 8Nm would be suitable without the base moving? But I am very interested in the GT DD Pro Extreme. Only with constant 15Nm, will this no longer be suitable? Should I just limit myself to the GT DD Pro? Or if I take the GT DD Pro Extrême I have to change chassis, knowing that I don't have room for a large cockpit and that the best for me would be a folding cockpit? Thank you in advance for your advice and help.
Even if you bolted that to the floor, it still would be too flexy I think. But you could try it!

That's only good for what you have tbh. I tried a Fanatec setup with that kind of rig and it's a disaster. Ended up having yoga mats to keep the chair and wheel at a reasonable distance without movement but gave up and had to buy a steel tube connected seat and wheel. You're going to move all over the room and get frustrated.
BWX
Even if you bolted that to the floor, it still would be too flexy I think. But you could try it!
Thanks a lot for your advice.
And you think that even with 5Nm, the chassis will be too flexible ?

You’d be good to 8nm I reckon

As far as foldable rigs, the F-GT Lite pro is probably your best bet

Last edited:
Likely.

I had a next level lite stand initially and i tend to not let go of the wheel in wrecks. Subsequently, it lifted the base off of the ground and slammed it back down. It led, at least in part, is my working assumption, to the back of my dd pro’s bolts cracking and the back plate being all messed up.

Given space, and pup seating preferences, i stayed with a stand. Next levels direct drive. It’s definitely a decent upgrade…and no stand will be perfect..but as far as compromises go, its working out. One big caveat: you either need to bind it to your seat or provide a wedge in front of yourself. I place a 6ft long ottoman against a cabinet which is against the wall. Also, i sit on a sofa with decent weight and its buttressed with a wall and another cabinet on each end. The stands seems heavy enough, but when you panic slam the brakes that suckers going to travel. At least with the csl/load cell combo, not sure if v2/v3 require less stomp.

I will be able to test the dd extreme soon~. My order has been handed over to the warehouse for about 25-26hrs(who’s counting!) and overnight delivery selected, so ill be able to five more feedback soon…i hope..!

https://nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-dd-for-direct-drive-wheels/

Post in thread 'Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-gran-turismo-dd-pro.402448/post-14165922

Last edited:
What I would do is get a piece of thick plywood and some U brackets and bolt that rig to the plywood and then on the same piece of plywood bolt a chair to it, then triangulate the upright post on that rig on both sides with supports running down to the plywood. Could do that for $50. Or just get a permanent sim rig.

You could also get the DD wheel and turn down the force feedback till it's the same as your G29 and you'll still have a much, much, much better experience even without using all the power of the wheel. DD wheels are fast and smooth and powerful, but even just fast and smooth with less power is way better than a gear driven wheel. I've had three or four G25s over the years and a belt driven Fanatec and a DD wheel with power turned down is still 100 times better.

You'll just break things. I just went to craigslist and found two $500 rigs for $50 total. Cheaper than rigging something yourself. It does take space and is not foldable, so there is that.

I'm not really sold on the FullForce gimmick. T-DFB on the T-GT was touted as this groundbreaking effect but I turned mine off and preferred the basic FFB on GTS/GT7. I wonder if it's basically the same thing (also similar to Logitech's TrueForce).

Same thing with the 16,000 Hz response rate. Most sim physics engine runs under 1000 Hz. Only a few runs at 2000 Hz (BeamNG, LFS). When you factor in TV/monitor's refresh rate, the USB connection between console/PC & wheel, and human's peak reaction time, having a 16,000 Hz DD motor is just overkill. It's great marketing, but effectively it's not giving you any more information or performance advantage because it's capped by the limits of the other points.

Also I would have preferred to have a d-pad to navigate menus instead of the flimsy analog stick. There are already 4 directional sticks for the MFD so not sure why we need a fifth one.

Lastly this is just preference but I prefer my race info on the screen's HUD instead of having to look down on the wheel's tiny display during critical moments. Having a second set of shift lights is already too distracting, let alone this new flag indicator. For those using VR it's basically a feature they will never use. Give me a more pared back simpler wheel, and sell it at a lower cost accordingly.

In any case, my T-GT is still going strong so it will be a while before I upgrade to a DD. Between Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec's offerings, it's good to know there are plenty of options. Competition breeds better products after all (and hopefully lower costs).

Last edited:
Ordered my DD+ at the end of Jan and I guess I’ll still wait for the end of Feb availability. Tempting to cancel and sell the wheel I can’t benefit from with vr, but I also don’t want to go through the hassle of selling the $300 wheel either.

Opted for the formula v2.5x with qr2 pro wheel side and some v3 pedals to fit up with the dd+. Should be quite the change from my t300 and tpa 3 pedals 😁

@LeGeNd-1 one can still just buy the normal DD+ and slap a different wheel on it. I still think that’s actually the better deal than spending 300 bucks on the weird gamey looking GT7 wheel.

@Dep Fishtail why cancelling? Because of the delivery time? As mentioned above, the base is the same anyway. Or is there another advantage I miss in the DD Extreme bundle?

@LeGeNd-1 one can still just buy the normal DD+ and slap a different wheel on it. I still think that’s actually the better deal than spending 300 bucks on the weird gamey looking GT7 wheel.

@Dep Fishtail why cancelling? Because of the delivery time? As mentioned above, the base is the same anyway. Or is there another advantage I miss in the DD Extreme bundle?

No. I haven’t canceled my dd+ order because I have exactly wanted on order and nothing more.

My comment about “if” i cancelled, to opt for the now shipping extreme, I could have gotten everything a few weeks sooner but I would deal with getting rid of the actual extreme wheel that is of no interest to me.
Hopefully that’s clearer but maybe not 😂

I am patiently waiting until the end of February for the base only plus the other goodie’s.

No. I haven’t canceled my dd+ order because I have exactly wanted on order and nothing more.

My comment about “if” i cancelled, to opt for the now shipping extreme, I could have gotten everything a few weeks sooner but I would deal with getting rid of the actual extreme wheel that is of no interest to me.
Hopefully that’s clearer but maybe not 😂

I am patiently waiting until the end of February for the base only plus the other goodie’s.
What wheel(s) are you looking at?

What wheel(s) are you looking at?

Only the formula v2.5x like you recommended. Its shape and size are similar to the thrustmaster open wheel I use exclusively for all cars. And trucks if needed 😂

The button layout also looks like it would work well for me in vr because I need to memorize buttons for what I want to change in race and where they are with my eyes closed.

Only the formula v2.5x like you recommended. Its shape and size are similar to the thrustmaster open wheel I use exclusively for all cars. And trucks if needed 😂

The button layout also looks like it would work well for me in vr because I need to memorize buttons for what I want to change in race and where they are with my eyes closed.
I agree open wheel is the best Thrustmaster for me..I got 2 but after years..they are broken ..plenty of small plastic pieces..now I have the SF1000 Ferrari very nice but a little too wide for me..the open wheel is also lighter

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger today after scrolling through some YouTube Shorts from Boosted Media.
Immediately put my GT DD Pro on sale and 2 hours later it was sold.
So now I'm sitting here here and waiting for that jugger to be delivered.

Bummer though by the time I was scrolling through the Fanatec Web Page it was down to be delivered within 4-7 Days, but unfortunately after I finally was able to finish the whole order process it changed to Availability 29th of February 😵‍💫
Ah well, no biggie... Time to take a break from GT7 then and finally get a chance to work through my pile of shame lying around here 😀
How much did your dd pro sell for? Thinking about selling mine also.

What wheels should be considered if I don't want to get the extreme bundle wheel?

I love the mclaren wheel but that kind forces you to have a second rounded wheel.

I love the mclaren wheel but that kind forces you to have a second rounded wheel.
I'm in the same boat and waiting for a universal hub xbox version with qr2 bundle (and then get a third party wheel from sparco or momo :D)

I'm in the same boat and waiting for a universal hub xbox version with qr2 bundle (and then get a third party wheel from sparco or momo :D)
Unlike you however, I'm not considering getting a third party wheel. That would never work with my ps5 sadly.

What wheels should be considered if I don't want to get the extreme bundle wheel?

I use the ClubSport RS most of the time. It has excellent build quality (metal frame versus the creaky plastic of the McLaren) and a button layout that I find works well both in VR and flat screen.

On the rare occasion I am driving a formula car or Red Bull X2019, I use the F1 Esports V2. It was not too expensive (especially considering how little it gets used) and feels great in hand.

Last edited:
I use the ClubSport RS most of the time. It has excellent build quality (metal frame versus the creaky plastic of the McLaren) and a button layout that I find works well both in VR and flat screen.

On the rare occasion I am driving a formula car or Red Bull X2019, I use the F1 Esports V2. It was not too expensive (especially considering how little it gets used) and feels great in hand.
Thanks. Does the RS have rotating buttons for TC and brake bias?

I also use the Clubsport RS pretty much exclusively other than GR1, GR2 and occasionally GR3 depending on the car, and then I use a Clubsport Formula 2.5x. The RS has a funky switch which you can control brake bias etc but it doesn't have rotary encoders like others do. For me, I like the layout and the feel. It's very high quality and feels excellent in the hand. Ymmv here and with the rally module or universal hub there may be a better option for you. What I definitely suggest is a real or fake leather instead of Alcantara. It's much less prone to wear than Alcantara, comparatively speaking

How exciting, I'm looking forward to hearing thoughts from the people of GTPlanet once they have theirs. Also hoping the next update will bring added compatibility including Full Force, and at minimum correct illumination and detailed display!

Mine says 'Availability date: Feb 26, 2024' so I need to try and forget about it for a while.... humm, like thats going to happen!

Interested thing is that mine is the same as yours for the message.
When I checked the site last night everything in my order including the dd+ base say available and if you put it in a cart it says ready to ship 🤔🤔🤔
Wut?
No status changes on my order so far. 😅

I also use the Clubsport RS pretty much exclusively other than GR1, GR2 and occasionally GR3 depending on the car, and then I use a Clubsport Formula 2.5x. The RS has a funky switch which you can control brake bias etc but it doesn't have rotary encoders like others do. For me, I like the layout and the feel. It's very high quality and feels excellent in the hand. Ymmv here and with the rally module or universal hub there may be a better option for you. What I definitely suggest is a real or fake leather instead of Alcantara. It's much less prone to wear than Alcantara, comparatively speaking
Thanks. Yeah I hate alcantara with a passion and this is not exclusive to wheels.

I have the 2.5x that I got through the BF sales. I'm having second thoughts on it and may go back to a round wheel. I like the buttons but I have big hands and I've been getting wrist ache with this wheel and find the 270mm a little narrow. The hand grips are also not soft and can cause calluses on my hands if I don't wear gloves. It's a good wheel if you don't need to turn it much, but as soon as you go over 90 degrees of rotation it can be awkward - though you can off course change the sensitivity)
Yeah I like it. I do wish it was a bit bigger. 280mm or 285. It's nice though. For certain.
I wish it was 300mm
I'm considering the Clubsport RS. If you are swapping between the RS and the 2.5X do you have to remap you buttons each time or are they set up so they are in the same place in config. I found I can't swap between the GT wheel and the 2.5X without having to remap...

Last edited:
Interested thing is that mine is the same as yours for the message.
When I checked the site last night everything in my order including the dd+ base say available and if you put it in a cart it says ready to ship 🤔🤔🤔
Wut?
No status changes on my order so far. 😅
In the UK if you look at the DD x on their website it says:

Open for Pre-Orders
Availability date:Feb 29, 2024

But, in my actual order it says :

Availability date:
Feb 26, 2024

But looking on the US site I can see that both the x and + are showing as available, so that is a bit strange, you would think yours would have shipped!

Hope you get it soon dude, the waiting is a killer!

Just a data point. Ordered mine within a couple hours of announcement and it still says "Handover to warehouse" since I got this email below on the morning of the 12th -

(so three days)

--------------------
The status of your order ******* placed on 09/02/2024 has changed.

Our warehouse is currently preparing your shipment. Once it has left our warehouse, your tracking number will be visible in your account in your order details.

Please note that no changes are possible at this stage.

Enjoy your new Fanatec product(s) and happy racing!

Kind Regards,

Team Fanatec
--------------------

Last edited:
I have the 2.5x that I got through the BF sales. I'm having second thoughts on it and may go back to a round wheel. I like the buttons but I have big hands I've been getting wrist ache with this wheel and find the 270mm a little narrow. Also, the hand grips are not soft and cause calluses on my hands if I don't wear gloves. It a good wheel if you don't need to turn it much, but as soon as you go over 90 degrees of rotation it can be awkward.

I wish it was 300mm

I'm considering the Clubsport RS. If you are swapping between the RS and the 2.5X do you have to remap you buttons each time or are they set up so they are in the same place in config. I found I can't swap between the GT wheel and the 2.5X without having to remap...
I hot swap often. No need to remap.

Back