Fantec Wheel - optimized settings for Shift 2! (VIDEO)

• Thread starter Raudi
  • 81 comments
I have finally dialed in my Fanatec Wheel with Shift 2 for XBOX and PC where it works great now for all of my cars - including high powered cars!

I get smooth, predictable steering through straights with no sway and I can easily feather the throttle through turns now.

Here's a video showing how controllable an FIA GT3 car is in a race with my settings for XBOX:

FIA GT1 race with PC Multi Monitor

Fanatec Wheel Settings (XBOX):

• SEN 900
  • FFB 100
  • SHO 30
  • DRI 003
  • ABS 085
  • LIN 000
  • DEA 010
  • SPR 0
  • DPR 0

In Game Settings (XBOX):

5582835539_4222717174_z.jpg

PC Settings:

Fanatec Wheel Settings (PC):

• SEN 540 (360 for tight city courses)
  • FFB 80
  • SHO 30
  • DRI 003
  • ABS 085
  • LIN 010
  • DEA 010
  • SPR 0
  • DPR 0

In game settings (PC):

• Force feedback = 80
  • Deadzone = 2
  • Steering sensitivity = 50
  • Throttle deadzone = 0
  • Throttle sensitivity = 20
  • Brake deadzone = 0
  • Brake sensitivity = 35
  • Clutch deadzone = 0
  • Clutch sensitivity = 50
  • Speed sensitivity = 50
  • Speed sensitivity (drift) = 60
  • Steering lock = 100 (keeps reverting back to 100 if changed)
  • Steering lock (drift) = 100

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just this video, but it looks like the 360 version is looks better than the PS3 version. Sucks I only have Driving Force Pro, otherwise I'd buy the 360 version.

You serious Raudi.

Nice one.

Any feedback drop off with your wheel. I've heard that the FF drops off every now and again.

Any lag.

Any more info mate.

Just got the PS version today.
If what you say is good I'm swapping lol.

You serious Raudi.

Nice one.

Any feedback drop off with your wheel. I've heard that the FF drops off every now and again.

Any lag.

Any more info mate.

Just got the PS version today.
If what you say is good I'm swapping lol.

Yeah - the FFB drop outs are annoying, If I get the "driving through quick sand" feeling I just pause and power the wheel off / on after a race - Hope SMS fixes this! I also get the occasional black screen at start of race that can be fixed by pause / unpause most of the time

No lag at all that I can feel (I use hood view)

I love the game with these settings - cars are so responsive now and the FFB feels very good!

Shift 2 PS3 graphics do look bad compared to XBOX (I have all 3 versions)

Sounds like I'm sold.

How often are the drop outs?

Good thing, the MS wheel suffers this too, so a patch is very likely.

I was just getting into Autolog too.
Chasing Nitrovious. Lol.

Sounds like I'm sold.

How often are the drop outs?

Good thing, the MS wheel suffers this too, so a patch is very likely.

I was just getting into Autolog too.
Chasing Nitrovious. Lol.

I got through the entire 10 race FIA GT1 championship this morning with no issues at all.

But when I was racing online the FFB issues were more frequent, due to crashing and resetting the car I believe. (plus when the lobby locks up loading a race and I have to exit to dashboard and restart game, it will happen the first race unless I remember pause and power the wheel off / on)

Hey Raudi, what wheel are you using for the PS3 version? Happen to have good settings for Logitech wheels?

I tried these settings on the PS3 version, and while they help, the lag is still killing everything. I still cannot complete the Exige invitational (car still is impossible to control), but I did beat the first C level race at Donnington. I couldn't place last night or the night before, but these settings had me place second, and then with some more upgrades to my STi (track suspension+larger turbo+exhaust) I was able to take 1st. The second race on Miami though just shows that the lag is what is killing the game. Small technical tracks with moderately powerful cars (my sti is C7xx with 430hp I think) are just very difficult to work with since they require greater steering angles. Sweeping tracks with these settings are much more manageable, but they truly are just a temporary fix I'm afraid :indiff:

Hey Raudi, what wheel are you using for the PS3 version? Happen to have good settings for Logitech wheels?

I switched back to using my Fanatec PWTS on PS3 since SMS did not add in support for the T500RS Wheel on PS3.

Try my in game settings on PS3 to see if it helps - should be similar for Logitech 900 Degree wheels. I would try it but I loaned out my PS3 copy to a friend for the weekend.

Great video Ruadi It's good to see someone who has actually tinkered and tweaked the game and is now enjoying it rather than complain about it.

Hi Ruadi,
I am very disappointed with Shift 2 Unleashed (Xbox360) - was expecting it to go great with Fanatec GT2 wheel and CS pedals but... well you know all the 'handling' issues.

Congrats on your persistance and for providing these revised settings - I'll try this a little later today when I return home and let you know.

Just one question... I've noticed that when the wheel is used as the controller I can't access two of the tabs in the in-game 'options' menu - the LT and RT (flappy paddles) don't communicate with the Xbox360 and/or Game.

Have you had this same issue or have you overcome this by setting the game up using the controller and then switched to the wheel?

I am thinking of returning this game and asking for a refund - I have written to EA (awaiting a reply) - you're my last hope!

Man i am dying to try these settings but...

OT
Anyone know why my GT2 will not show up as a wheel and only as a controller on the ps3? Ive tried the dongle and/or usb, using the wheel to initially start the game (controller 1), and turning the wheel on and off at certain points in the game.. Still shows up as a controller in Shift2 but works 100% in GT5.

Last edited:
Not sure mate, do you power on the console first via the Xbox power on button, then turn on your wheel?

Edit sorry I see your talking about PS3.

When I use a G27 it shows the wheel with all the button layouts.

GT2 isn't officially supported so maybe it just shows a controller.

I switched back to using my Fanatec PWTS on PS3 since SMS did not add in support for the T500RS Wheel on PS3.

Try my in game settings on PS3 to see if it helps - should be similar for Logitech 900 Degree wheels. I would try it but I loaned out my PS3 copy to a friend for the weekend.

Hi Raudi,

I have a Fanatec Porsche GT2, I have the 360 Version of Shift 2 and the PS3 Version. When I try to play shift 2 with my Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel, it didnt work. I saw a Video on insidesimracing where they play it with the GT3RS, and when they are in the Setup Screen, they have the Logitsch G25 Wheel (sec.42 in the video). When I sttart the game with my GT2 and go into my Controller Settings, I have only my PS3 Controller to setup :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySrlumdHDks&feature=player_embedded

Hi Raudi,

I have a Fanatec Porsche GT2, I have the 360 Version of Shift 2 and the PS3 Version. When I try to play shift 2 with my Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel, it didnt work. I saw a Video on insidesimracing where they play it with the GT3RS, and when they are in the Setup Screen, they have the Logitsch G25 Wheel (sec.42 in the video). When I sttart the game with my GT2 and go into my Controller Settings, I have only my PS3 Controller to setup :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySrlumdHDks&feature=player_embedded

My Fanatec wheel is recognized as a Logitec G25 in the controller menu in PS3 Shift 2.

If you haven't already tried this - make sure the wheel is powered up and in PS3 mode before starting the game and see if that works? (also try with no other DS3 controllers on)

Just out of curiosity, do you have to adjust the wheel settings in every new car you drive? Or is that saved and you can just tune each individual car (suspension, etc.)?

Hi

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360, and have the some problem with NFS Shift 2 and Fanatec GT2.

Inside Shift 2 Menu if i press LT ou LR paddles, nothing happen :-(
Paddles shifter works fine, but not work at the menus.

I read Fanatec is not compatible with PS3 and Shift 2 but are also compatible with PC and Xbox360 :)

I doesn´t purchase the 2 Fanatec Shifters (sequencial and 6+1 shifter), simply use the carbon paddles, is it the problem?

Thanks

(I ead that the wheel is not recognised if your use the dongle)...

Wheel must be affected to controller 1
If you switch on your PS3 using a controller and in a second time start up your wheel, your ps3 game will be affected to port 1 and the wheel will be considered as controller 2.

You should try starting your ps3 using the console start button (not your PS3 gamepad).

Start your wheel , go to PC mode and then to PS3 mode.

You can use the controller D pad of the wheel to launch the game.
In the game your GT2 wheel shoudl recognised as a G25 wheel but it will work.

Hope it will help you:)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, do you have to adjust the wheel settings in every new car you drive? Or is that saved and you can just tune each individual car (suspension, etc.)?

The wheel settings are global (only adjust once) however, you can adjust the steering lock in the tuning menu for each individual car to make it more or less responsive. The default steering lock is 20, and I have been adjusting some cars to 23 or 24.

I have Fanatec GT2 wheel, too. I cant play the game with that Wheel, it is always recognizes as Controller, not as Wheel :/.

You have to have the wheel powered on and in the correct mode (PC, PS3 or XBOX) before you start the game. It should show up as a Logitech G25 or G27 in the controller menu if it was recognized correctly.

Sometimes the FFB doesn't work correctly when I first start racing and I have to pause / unpause the game to get it to work or power on / off the wheel again as a last resort.

If you still have issues make sure you try it as controller 1 with no other controllers on when you start the game.

I have Fanatec GT2 wheel, too. I cant play the game with that Wheel, it is always recognizes as Controller, not as Wheel :/.

(I ead that the wheel is not recognised if your use the dongle)...

Wheel must be affected to controller 1
If you switch on your PS3 using a controller and in a second time start up your wheel, your ps3 game will be affected to port 1 and the wheel will be considered as controller 2.

You should try starting your ps3 using the console start button (not your PS3 gamepad).

Start your wheel , go to PC mode and then to PS3 mode.

You can use the controller D pad of the wheel to launch the game.
In the game your GT2 wheel shoudl recognised as a G25 wheel but it will work.

Hope it will help you:)

The wheel settings are global (only adjust once) however, you can adjust the steering lock in the tuning menu for each individual car to make it more or less responsive. The default steering lock is 20, and I have been adjusting some cars to 23 or 24.

You have to have the wheel powered on and in the correct mode (PC, PS3 or XBOX) before you start the game. It should show up as a Logitech G25 or G27 in the controller menu if it was recognized correctly.

Sometimes the FFB doesn't work correctly when I first start racing and I have to pause / unpause the game to get it to work or power on / off the wheel again as a last resort.

If you still have issues make sure you try it as controller 1 with no other controllers on when you start the game.

I try this, but that dont help :/. The Wheel is always recognized as PS3 Controller, not as Logitech G25. When I try the Wheel on my 360, I have no Probs, on the 360 it is recognized as Microsoft 360 Wheel. But on the PS3 the same Wheel (Fanatec Porsche GT2) is recognized as PS3 Controller :(. My Wheel is Conrtroller 1 and I have no other Controllers enabled. And I dont use a dongle, the Wheel iss direct attached with the USB Cable.

Hmm, I still have the same issues with my PWTS on the ps3 using these settings.
Basically, ffb will just tug at the wheel occasionally, e.g. going down the straight.
The only thing I've found to help, is turning ffb right down e,g 30%

@raudi, did you try again on your ps3 ?

Seems to be ps3 version, has a ffb issue.... ?

Tempted to go get the xbox version, but would be very annoyed if I found that was the same!

Hmm, I still have the same issues with my PWTS on the ps3 using these settings.
Basically, ffb will just tug at the wheel occasionally, e.g. going down the straight.
The only thing I've found to help, is turning ffb right down e,g 30%

@raudi, did you try again on your ps3 ?

Seems to be ps3 version, has a ffb issue.... ?

Tempted to go get the xbox version, but would be very annoyed if I found that was the same!

Sorry, I still have my PS3 copy loaned out...

Here's a new video that I just uploaded showing my hands on the wheel while racing my favorite FIA GT3 car around BRNO:

Be sure to check out the 1:46 mark :sly:

Back