Fed up with dailies

• Thread starter Badstdad
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Ya know, it's bad enough to get punted around the track like a soccer ball, without incurring the penalties while the other drivers motor off into the distance penalty-free. You're really rubbing salt in my wounds when I lose both dr and sr points and I see blue ratings for the other driver(s), PD.
You already can't fill the fields in mid-week races. Keep it up and pretty soon your dailies will turn into ghost-towns that nobody wants to participate in. I know I'm done; at least for now. I'm disgusted.

You feel like the sort of person to literally complain about everything GT7 related...I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, wait...

Ya know, it's bad enough to get punted around the track like a soccer ball, without incurring the penalties while the other drivers motor off into the distance penalty-free. You're really rubbing salt in my wounds when I lose both dr and sr points and I see blue ratings for the other driver(s), PD.
You already can't fill the fields in mid-week races. Keep it up and pretty soon your dailies will turn into ghost-towns that nobody wants to participate in. I know I'm done; at least for now. I'm disgusted.
You know, it's becoming a noticeable thing that you makes posts complaining about well known things or misunderstandings of established rules.

What's your driver rating? The lower lobbies can be pretty wild, but its a part of life and race-craft that you deal with these things. We all know that the penalty system in the game sucks, but it's something that ALL of us have to deal with. You have to be constantly monitoring the drivers around you and try to anticipate bad behavior. It's not always possible, but this is something everyone in daily races deals with... it effects all of us.

Practice and get better at driving the cars in general outside of the dailies, then take that experience into the lobbies and advance up to levels where that behavior is less common. If you develop a decent pace you can get ahead of the inconsistent drivers in the lower classes. For me, I had many hours into GT Sport and 7 before ever doing the dailies. It only took a handful of races before getting into A/S lobbies, and while they aren't perfect, they're nothing like the B and lower groups.

B-class lobbies were the worst, because it's full of people that have a decent pace, but that also can't seem to be consistent or respectful enough to get into and stay in A class. It took a fair bit of anticipating bad behavior to get out of there with good finishes. Many races I found myself dodging dive-bombers and pass deflectors on multiple occasions, but if you already see their behavior, it's pretty easy to let them take themselves out.

Time to bust out Atari 50 or Final Fantasy for a bit. I took a break from Gran Turismo and played Tiberian Sun for a while, also I installed some aftermarket electronics in our trucks here, made a little ammo, and got the boats out.

Back