FIA GT1 World Championship Season 2 | CARRACER IS CHAMPION!!!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,273 comments

Next Series... Sports Tyres or Racing Tyres?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax, have you ever thought about the closeness of racing? As I've said before, if you unnecessarily make it harder to drive, there will be much bigger gaps...

Still canceling team lambo? if so... does anyone want me in their team? If not, ill drop out of the championship.

You don't have to be in a team to compete. But, I'm sure you will find one.

Dax, have you ever thought about the closeness of racing? As I've said before, if you unnecessarily make it harder to drive, there will be much bigger gaps...

Yes I have thought about it. Sports softs are still two grades up from the tyres the cars come with, and the cars are detuned! There is still plenty enough gri ewith SS tyres.

It just means you have to be a bit more careful- It makes the racing more fun/tense as well because tyre wear becomes more of a major factor- with worn SS tyres you'll be having to fight the car to keep it on track (how it's supposed to be). Whereas with RH the car is perfectly stable with worn tyres and the only difference is that you can't carry quite so much speed through the corners.

It just means you have to be a bit more careful- It makes the racing more fun/tense as well because tyre wear becomes more of a major factor- with worn SS tyres you'll be having to fight the car to keep it on track (how it's supposed to be). Whereas with RH the car is perfectly stable with worn tyres and the only difference is that you can't carry quite so much speed through the corners.

Exactly..

Exactly..

Just gonna re-post this then..

I'd rather the excitement of everyone, regardless of "sick driving skillz levelz", being competitive. Thus leaving less of a gap between those who struggle and those who are amazing.

Promotes closer racing more often for those who struggle. Personally I prefer battling players while racing, not battle the car itself. Hence my disgust of the lambo after this series.

EDIT: Hainininuinciucncniucin! If you'd like to pick a car we can start a new team? If the lambo was given 20-25hp more it'd be fair.

I'd rather the excitement of everyone, regardless of "sick driving skillz levelz", being competitive. Thus leaving less of a gap between those who struggle and those who are amazing.

Promotes closer racing more often for those who struggle. Personally I prefer battling players while racing, not battle the car itself. Hence my disgust of the lambo after this series.

EDIT: Hainininuinciucncniucin! If you'd like to pick a car we can start a new team? If the lambo was given 20-25hp more it'd be fair.

Well this series is supposed to test a driver as well as be fun.

Close battles are all very well, but at the same time, the series is supposed to be competative and to find the best driver.

I realy dont mind driving this to the end of the championship. Just saying if it's decided to drop it.....

Totally up to you. If you are fine with the Lambo, stay in it.

I prefer to promote ability to drive on weaker tyres over close racing. Even then there will still be close racing on sports tyres, it will just be between different people.

Yeah i think the race is always divided in to packs according to the driver skill no matter which tires we use, there will still be tight racing in the top and tight racing in the bottom, nothing will change.

Yeah i think the race is always divided in to packs according to the driver skill no matter which tires we use, there will still be tight racing in the top and tight racing in the bottom, nothing will change.

Again..

Exactly. :D

But sports softs give plenty of grip for these cars. The stock cars are on sports hard tyres and with a lot more power and are still controllable. Driving on softs just makes pit strategy slightly more apparent and means that a bit more throttle control is needed.

Now if you were to say these cars on Comfort tyres for prolonged periods- then that would need "sick driving skillz levelz".

The series is going to be taking a more realistic turn next season, and a bit more driving skill will be required to race in it.

The series is going to be taking a more realistic turn next season, and a bit more driving skill will be required to race in it.

90's GT: Ferrari F40, Mclaren F1, Dodge Viper GTS, Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C5). 👍

DaxCobra
I was thinking maybe Sports Mediums, to keep a nice level of grip and tyre wear.

Okay now your pushing it.. :grumpy:

If it goes to that I'm out, and I may have been able for a full season this time round..

90's GT: Ferrari F40, Mclaren F1, Dodge Viper GTS, Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C5). 👍

Its funny you should say that, I was testing those exact cars for season 2 but decided to go with the cars we have right now.

More realistic? what does that mean?? :P By the way dax why do you even create these polls? ^^ it's you who make all these great series, don't give us alternatives and we'll be happy with what you decide. :P

More realistic? what does that mean?? :P By the way dax why do you even create these polls? ^^ it's you who make all these great series, don't give us alternatives and we'll be happy with what you decide. :P

More realistic! :sly:

Just wanted to make sure everyone was happy with the decision, but it seems noone is happy with anything these days.

You know democracy never leads to anything good, you need rigged election and stuff like that.. if it seems like everyone agrees with you everyone will agree with you.

Right we are going with Sports Softs this season.

I am sure a distinct few of you wont like the new car list either, coupled with the new tyre rule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back