Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00

• Thread starter rams1de
  • 9 comments
I bought this car today as something different to drive at around 450pp. I couldn't find a tune in Adrenaline's database so put a basic tune together myself, stolen from a few tuners on GTP.

I was surprised at how close the Fiat was to my favourite FF car in this pp range, the Civic 08, so fiddled around a bit. The Fiat is now 4 tenths faster round Trial Mountain and almost a second quicker at Autumn Ring.

Thing is, my tune sucks. The Fiat still pushes and burns the tires like crazy on TM and doesn't feel as precise as the Civic in the corners. At Autumn Ring, the Fiat is unbalanced through the fast chicane at the top of the hill, two corners from the final straight.

I believe the Fiat could be a FWD sleeper and in the hands of a proper tuner could be something special in the 400-450pp range.

Any of you guys got a secret you want to share or fancy taking up the challenge of creating a tune?

I have a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo in real life so its one of my favourite cars on GT5.

I've tuned the Coupe Plus up to 500pp but it might give you some ideas on your own set up. Heres my current set up:-

Racing Soft Tyres

Lightweight Stage 3
Windows
Rigidity Improvement
Wing Type A

Sports ECU
Stage 3 engine tune

Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Low Range Turbo (optional as the coupe already has a turbo-charger)

Transmission:
Set max speed to 112mph (the minimum)

Then:
1st Gear 4.096
2nd Gear 3.037
3rd Gear 2.359
4th Gear 1.911
5thh Gear 1.616
6th Gear 1.360

Final Gear 2.000

Drivetrain: 10/20/30

Suspension:
Ride height: -25/-25
Spring rate: 13.8/6.8
Dampers: 9/9
Compression: 9/9
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/2

Camber: 1.4/0.00
Toe: 0.00/0.20

Brakes: 7/8

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I should have said, I'm running the car on sport hards at 266bhp and 1100kg - no aero.

Your set up didn't help me through the turns but felt more stable. So I took a couple of pointers, thanks.

My dampers were stiffer at the front, so I made them equal front and back. I raised the Initial and Accel on LSD and the car feels better balanced now. It doesn't burn the tyres so much away from Trial Mountain, so I'll just keep making little adjustments to see if I can improve it.

I have a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo in real life too, so this is also one of my favourite cars on GT5. We should arrange a race together:)

Not done much setup on the Coupe yet, since I have not yet race any FF online, but will start working on it.

I run following set-up (Suspension and LSD only because it is a "standard-FF-setup" from me):

RH: -8/-6
SR: 9.0/10.5
Damper Extension: 6/7
Damper Compression: 5/6
ARB´s: 4/5
Camber: 2.4/2.9
Toe: -0.22/-0.25

LSD: 5/8/5

Toe and Camber help getting a "loose" rear and therefore a better cornering (at least for me).
Rest is tweakable. Less Camber/Toe if you want to save some Tires or harder springs if the Track is plain (Like Fuji) or a nodge softer if its Nordschleife for example.

Try it I like it :D

@easy9 I race online at GBRC whenever I get the chance. I'm a slowcoach stuck in Div2 but enjoy the racing. Come on over, you know where to find us.

Thanks KingSakery, your tune is quite different to mine, especially RH and Springs and I'm very interested to try it out. I'll let you know how I find it when I'm next on the PS3.

@easy9 I race online at GBRC whenever I get the chance. I'm a slowcoach stuck in Div2 but enjoy the racing. Come on over, you know where to find us.

Thanks KingSakery, your tune is quite different to mine, especially RH and Springs and I'm very interested to try it out. I'll let you know how I find it when I'm next on the PS3.

Hi ram

Do they use the Coupe @ GBRC? If so, at which class and the spec (weight/hp/pp/tyres etc etc)for the car? I am away from next weekend until end of Feb, but will start working on the Coupe as soon as I can.

Hi ram

Do they use the Coupe @ GBRC? If so, at which class and the spec (weight/hp/pp/tyres etc etc)for the car? I am away from next weekend until end of Feb, but will start working on the Coupe as soon as I can.

It can qualify for B Class at 266bhp and 1100kg - no aero. There's a Divisional race series on Sport Medium started last week but runs on a Sunday, so it looks like you'll miss it.

If you join you should find the entrants are regularly online practising, so you could get an opportunity to race the Coupe. The Toyota 86 GT 12 got banned after the first week, so they've been trying S2000s, RX-7s and Integras but there should be a good mix of other cars too.

It can qualify for B Class at 266bhp and 1100kg - no aero. There's a Divisional race series on Sport Medium started last week but runs on a Sunday, so it looks like you'll miss it.

If you join you should find the entrants are regularly online practising, so you could get an opportunity to race the Coupe. The Toyota 86 GT 12 got banned after the first week, so they've been trying S2000s, RX-7s and Integras but there should be a good mix of other cars too.

Back