FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Thank yo for the info @ImToLegitToQuit surprisingly my quick re-tune was almost the same as your posted stats :) I've found a set up that allow for partial trail braking but doesn't have that squat and go effect that my old tune had. trying to get that back it's a mid corner grip issue so adjusting camber right now to get that back with out killing turn in/exit -_- pfft.

As for tester testing their own tune, the only three plans will provide non-biased results. A non-tuner partial tester. EG someone that wants to test but doesn't have the time to cover the entire field. B; Equal number of non-tuning testers as tuners. C; All tuners test and skip their own car.
When I loaded a set of valid stats with place holder number the tuner times went down, with one exception that went up. Positions didn't change due to the spread of time. I need to run larger and more fitt results to find out for certen that its not a viable solution to just sub in the average.

:DIdea! rather than place hold the average for the entire field for a tuner/tester sub in their average for the times they submitted for the other cars of the same make. *wont work if they are the only car of that make but that's very very rare*:D

As an MR guy, should I be stupid and ask you to look at my NSX?:odd:.....Did not finish too far behind you if things have not changed and I like it the way it is :dopey: ....... but you are the MR Guy and I am more FR. Just try it as is and let me know what kind of time you can get, fastest tested time was right at where I got it on both tracks.
I'll be happy to give it a go but *disclaimer* I spent a bit of time with it before switching to the rx7 and did not like it near as much as the regular street car.

Street classics results.jpg
Road Racers Results.jpg

Great competition @DolHaus and a huge thanks to the tuners and testers!:bowdown: With the RX-7 being my first attempt at tuning a race car, you've read that correctly....I've never tuned a race car before not even in GT5!:eek: I have learned a lot with the help of other tunes and reading how you boys go about fixing things. Looking forward to tuning more of them. Cheers everyone!:cheers:

Great competition @DolHaus and a huge thanks to the tuners and testers!:bowdown: With the RX-7 being my first attempt at tuning a race car, you've read that correctly....I've never tuned a race car before not even in GT5!:eek: I have learned a lot with the help of other tunes and reading how you boys go about fixing things. Looking forward to tuning more of them. Cheers everyone!:cheers:
Seriously you have only ever tuned street cars? Not bad first go around I'd say. For an interesting perspective take my Lancer out both in the submitted tune and updated tune and see the subtle differences that took nearly a second off the time. Doesn't take much in a race car to kill it -_-

And @DolHaus Fantastic job with the challenge was great fun. Sorry about the headaches with the google sheet at the start of it, your picture method at the end was brilliant. :cheers:

I really hate to break this to you but, according to PD, you still have not tuned a racecar. That RX-7 is a "Tuner", not a racer or street car. It's not allowed in "normal" car events or racecar only. Totally weird and screwy on there part but I noticed this in the seasonals.

Seriously you have only ever tuned street cars? Not bad first go around I'd say. For an interesting perspective take my Lancer out both in the submitted tune and updated tune and see the subtle differences that took nearly a second off the time. Doesn't take much in a race car to kill it -_-

And @DolHaus Fantastic job with the challenge was great fun. Sorry about the headaches with the google sheet at the start of it, your picture method at the end was brilliant. :cheers:
Yep, first ever! I agree, the margin for perfection is much smaller, but this competition has helped. I'll test your car again tomorrow along with Ridox and MrGrado with ABS on 1. Then it's off for more manual practicing!:lol:

I'd like to thank the academy and everyone that voted for me, and the fans... oh wait. :D

im very surprised to get a lap time+DC win on my second ever FITT challenge though. I'll PM you my address @DolHaus and will be waiting for my trophy...

Thanks to the testers and DolHaus for organizing the event. looking forward to what @Motor City Hami has in store for us.

@Bowtie-muscle I'd like to retract part of feedback on your NSX, it's not safe lol, compared to the rest of the NSX's submitted it's safe, I went and tuned a NSX Road Car as part of my aero testing and gathering data for a challenge i'm planning and I learned what safe really is in the NSX, I accidentally made it nearly bullet proof trying to stabilize the wheel spin at 580 pp on SS tires. So I'm re-visiting your tune see if there is anything I can offer on it. I think for me personally I will find more time in the transmission than the suspension.

@Bowtie-muscle I'd like to retract part of feedback on your NSX, it's not safe lol, compared to the rest of the NSX's submitted it's safe, I went and tuned a NSX Road Car as part of my aero testing and gathering data for a challenge i'm planning and I learned what safe really is in the NSX, I accidentally made it nearly bullet proof trying to stabilize the wheel spin at 580 pp on SS tires. So I'm re-visiting your tune see if there is anything I can offer on it. I think for me personally I will find more time in the transmission than the suspension.
Safe?.....maybe, but good enough for second in lap time;) :sly:

A salutary lesson in pace and grace. Us Clueless over the Hill Outlaws might lack a sense of urgency, but we're always immaculately turned out when we eventually arrive :cool:

Great little contest, thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done to all the other tuners, especially @randyrockstiff, thanks to our host and event sponsor and most of all, thank you to the testers. Without you, there's no point...

{Cy}

Third and seventh I can take comfort in knowing I did a good tune for the evo just the wrong car lol.
If anyone takes the rebuild for a spin let me know what ya think of it. Still not as fast as the rx-7 or the NSX but it's better than it was.

Third and seventh I can take comfort in knowing I did a good tune for the evo just the wrong car lol.
If anyone takes the rebuild for a spin let me know what ya think of it. Still not as fast as the rx-7 or the NSX but it's better than it was.
Pipped me to the post in the street class, just couldn't quite beat those pesky MR2s :lol:

@Bowtie-muscle my birthday party is this weekend so it will be a couple of days before I'll have your results If you want them to be legible lol.
Happy Birthday :cheers:

No big deal really, just thought since you do a lot more MRs than I do that extra feedback might not hurt. Always seem to have problems with them and am rarely happy with the end result. Finishing second in this Challenge feels like an accomplishment for me:embarrassed:. As good as a win as far as I am concerned:D:D:D

Happy Birthday :cheers:

No big deal really, just thought since you do a lot more MRs than I do that extra feedback might not hurt. Always seem to have problems with them and am rarely happy with the end result. Finishing second in this Challenge feels like an accomplishment for me:embarrassed:. As good as a win as far as I am concerned:D:D:D
Your good at FR drivetrain all the same rules apply just use the understeer rules and race set up rules to keep them inline. That's what I did to my NSX prototype roadcar LM and man that thing is fast and stable nearly impossible to spin it and put down 1:2xx (I think) laps at R245 at 580pp beat the ai three tire levels down and 70pp under race limit.

Congrats to both winners. Was a good tight contest this one. Thanks to all tuners for giving us testers some great cars. Thanks to our excellent host @DolHaus who hopefully enjoyed the experience and will be back in the future.
Thank you, I enjoyed hosting for the most part and learned a few things that will help organise future contests. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that I didn't cause too many headaches.

:gtpflag:

A big thanks to @Bowtie-muscle for helping me keep my head together behind the scenes and to @Otaliema for trying to make me understand spreadsheets :confused: :lol:

Latest Posts

Back