FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge

My driving is so woeful on both tracks it's impossible to know whether I've made any progress or not. :lol:

I think that I am making progress, but I am so frustrated with 4wd tuning in this game. Where I am at so far is that this seems to be the choice between turning the outside front tire red or turning both outside tires red during cornering. I have a decent handling car right now, but I don't think it is fast enough at 1:22.2 on Deep Forest.

I think that I am making progress, but I am so frustrated with 4wd tuning in this game. Where I am at so far is that this seems to be the choice between turning the outside front tire red or turning both outside tires red during cornering. I have a decent handling car right now, but I don't think it is fast enough at 1:22.2 on Deep Forest.

I certainly feel the same way, outside tyres turning red a lot under cornering, along with a happy rear end for me actually. The alternative to the lively rear is considerable understeer on throttle, which is irritating. I no longer can tell which changes in the suspension causes changes in handling anymore.

The hairpin corner before the back straight, is anyone else attempting to take it full throttle and ramming into the rocks on the right on exit every single time?

My Stagea is doing 1:22.3 after some weight and power reductions. Amazingly, I only lost 32bhp while shedding 148kg. The brakes are much better now and it accelerates quicker too, but I'm only beating the old build by 0.1 seconds. What gives? :lol:

I have a 1:19.750 with the caldina but definitely , i'll not enter with 525PP , the few i've tested are not very fun to drive and to tune. Always the same extreme things to make the car go where it don't want to go.....:yuck:

The 450PP are a real pleasure to drive, i'm very happy with my Odissey and i have a lot of fun driving it, even on TGTT that is far away to be my favorite track...

Good luck to everybody.

I know it won't take me long to tune the xBbB so I've been spending most of my time drifting the Stagea. Who would've thought a big wagon could hold such amazing slides? :lol:

Well, I guess I'll make it official. I'll be tuning a 450pp 435pp Honda Element '03 and a 525pp Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96. :dunce::dopey:

Is there room for one more? Also, Is the Odyssey Eligible in the 525pp catagory? I have a partial tune with 484pp.

Last edited:
I think with some better drivers, my times may get lower :nervous:

I'm glad I don't have to pay for tires. Lots of rubber lost and alot of smoke :dopey:
I think I understand now why tyres cost so much to buy in the game, because you only ever pay once for them. I've burnt through enough tyres to supply Africa :indiff:

Minimise the outside tyre burning, I've thus far been unable to completely eliminate it. The left hander after the last tunnel and the final left are the two major problem corners, for me. There's some heating through the tunnels and chicanes, but it's entirely manageable and almost encouraged.

I have a 1:19.750 with the caldina but definitely , i'll not enter with 525PP , the few i've tested are not very fun to drive and to tune. Always the same extreme things to make the car go where it don't want to go.....:yuck:
The Caldina is a great car, basically a Celica with an eating disorder. Mine is very fast, but I think I'm going to go with a Scooby...

Is there room for one more? Also, Is the Odyssey Eligible in the 525pp catagory? I have a partial tune with 484pp.

The Odyssey is a 450PP car, not 525PP 👍

{Cy}

I'm not sure I'll have much more time for testing before the deadline. So I may just need to call it good and post my tunes (probably end up wrecking them anyways :lol: ):dopey:

My xBbB doesn't even reach 430PP, let alone 450PP. :lol:

Well, I guess I'll make it official. I'll be tuning a 450pp 435pp Honda Element '03 and a 525pp Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96. :dunce::dopey:

Sorry about that guys. I didn't look that deeply into the 450PP class. On a positive note, we aren't scoring on lap time for the 450PP class, just driver's choice. So, 435PP, 450PP, no problem.

If I knew the 450pp class will based on driver's choice, I would have suggested that Honda Insight LS'09 premium included in the car list ( it only reach around 425PP ) :) I would be glad to use my tune for racing at Deadnuts.

I have a dilemma for 450PP. Odyssey or 120i? :lol:

I'm leaning more towards the 1-series, but TGTT is not its ideal playground; I'm happy with it on a track like Grand Valley, but not TGTT...

525PP Subie is done, expect tune post soon. All 3 cars are on share if anyone wants a pre-taste. :)

Ok, I'll see if I can drop it down to the 450pp class and try to get her managable.

I have a dilemma for 450PP. Odyssey or 120i? :lol:

I'm leaning more towards the 1-series, but TGTT is not its ideal playground; I'm happy with it on a track like Grand Valley, but not TGTT...

525PP Subie is done, expect tune post soon. All 3 cars are on share if anyone wants a pre-taste. :)

There is already 2 odyssey with my car, for me it's ok, i like the idea .... Even if this time i didn't test a lot to make my choice, it seems to be the right car for performance and driving pleasure.... I'm in love with this heavy car at this PP with comfort soft.

Good luck.

Did some more tuning tonight. More happy with my Audi RS 4, but still, if I apply mid-corner or exit throttle, it wants to go more straight than turn. Not finding the setting to fix this other than, don't be so aggressive on corner exit. Can run pretty consistent 1:21.6 using the DS3. Going to try the car with the G27 tomorrow or Thursday.

Can everyone double check the second post and let me know if I missed anyone or missed a car selection.

Also, how is everyone looking for the Friday tuner deadline. Do people want through the weekend - close out tuner entries on Sunday?

I'll probably need the weekend, I can't get everything sorted out in time, the RS4 is pretty much as I started with it. :lol:

My 525PP entry Stagea 25T RS4 can only managed 1:23.xxx at Deep Forest ( no ABS ), last sector time at the tunnel hovers around 59s, is this good ? I need to know if the car is slower before or after this sector time. The car only has a bit over 500HP, 1400+kg, and decent torque. I was testing with ABS as well, 5/4 BB seems to be okay with the stick, if anyone has ever driven this Stagea at Deep Forest let me know if 5/4 BB is too high or too low, thanks.

My other entry 450PP Lexus IS300 SportCross is almost finished too, not fast, I think it was around 1:25/26xxx on comfort soft. It has the same BB 5/4.

Did some more tuning tonight. More happy with my Audi RS 4, but still, if I apply mid-corner or exit throttle, it wants to go more straight than turn. Not finding the setting to fix this other than, don't be so aggressive on corner exit. Can run pretty consistent 1:21.6 using the DS3. Going to try the car with the G27 tomorrow or Thursday.

good morning this time of 1:21. *** was conducted with or without penalty in the penalty

Back