Ford Maverick discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 75 comments
I mean Ford did somewhat bring the car to the masses. It should be the company that starts a revolution, no matter how many years. Yes?
I mentioned earlier in this thread that Ford has moments of brilliance every few decades, creating products nobody knew they wanted until they existed.

The original Ford Mustang was brilliant
The original Ford Fiesta was brilliant
The original Ford Transit was brilliant
The original Ford Sierra was brilliant
The original Ford Taurus was brilliant
The original Ford Explorer was brilliant
The original Ford Focus was brilliant
The new Ford Maverick is brilliant (The original Ford Maverick wasn't that brilliant :lol: )

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Ford has moments of brilliance every few decades, creating products nobody knew they wanted until they existed.

The new Ford Maverick is brilliant (The original Ford Maverick wasn't that brilliant :lol: )
Don't forget the Mondeo in Europe and Windstar in America. I don't think either of them were pioneers (the Chrysler minivans demolished the market for a decade beforehand) but they were both extremely good sellers.

The Maverick has more brilliance left in it if Ford and/or the aftermarket improve two things really: articulation and protection. That's all it needs. As it is now, even the FX4 Maverick is really stiffly sprung with very little travel, so a proper spring-and-damper lift instead of the 2-inch spacers that already exist would really improve its off-road capability. Protecting the underside skids and sliders would be the next step to making it pretty tough. People are already starting to modify it. Apparently the biggest tires you can fit with rubbing (definitely with some minor rubbing) are 255/75-17, 32 inch tires. That's taller than what I've got on my Sequoia lol.

If Ford made a Tremor version of this with a 2 inch spring-and-damper lift I would highly consider getting rid of the Toyota for the more efficient vehicle.

Last edited:

i think mines brilliant. just gotta know how to build them. hubcaps and tiny 200s was generally normal, but the grabber package and a 302 was equal to a mustang, outsold the mustang for 3yrs too. was kinda brilliant.

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_202131.jpg
    IMG_20190817_202131.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190817_202725.jpg
    IMG_20190817_202725.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15
  • received_196454501564917.jpeg
    received_196454501564917.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 13
I just saw one today on my way to the office. It looks fine I guess. Not a fan but I don't hate it either.

There's been some news! As popular as the Maverick is in the US I'm really surprised nobody has updated it yet.

As we all know, 2022 Maverick orders were stopped way back in spring 2022 due to Ford literally running out of Mavericks. Sold out. But even though the Mav was selling like hotcakes, there was still hope for a Tremor version with more off-road capability, especially considering the extra hardware offered in the Bronco Sport Badlands. Ford delivered back on August 1.

NEW MAVERICK TREMOR OFF-ROAD PACKAGE REVEALED AS FORD RE-OPENS RETAIL ORDER BANKS FOR ITS HOTTEST VEHICLES

The main improvements are a 1-inch lift, the clutch locking rear differential from the Bronco Sport Badlands, softer tuned suspension, tail control, stronger axles, and a new front bumper with much improvements approach angle. Several styling changed are included also.

2023-Ford-Maverick-Tremor-off-road-22.jpg

That rear diff is a big deal as it lets the Bronco Sport Badlands easily outshine any other crossover on the market, nearly putting it on par with the Jeep Cherokee which is an oddball small unibody SUV with a true rear locker. This trim level is going to sell like hotcakes because the Mav is already a much hotter overlanding platform than the Bronco Sport, with a lot more cargo space and room to mount a tent above the bed while keeping a low overall height.

There are still plenty of things to come for the Maverick in the aftermarket world. Flat Out Suspension, known for Subaru rally and overland suspension, has already debuted a low speed oriented spring and damper lift for the Bronco Sport which both helps articulation/droop travel and payload carrying. Not much work will be required to adapt it to the Maverick, and they're going to sell them as fast as they can make them. But these cars need protection as well - rock sliders, more skid plates underneath. Hopefully the aftermarket catches up soon - it took them the past two years of owning my Sequoia to start offering a broad spectrum of hardware specifically for it rather than just the Tundra.

Edit: Apparently Flat Out has already adapted their kit to the Maverick. Good news!

Personally the biggest announcement from the Maverick refresh to me is the hybrid model having all wheel drive as a option now.

I’d say add less weight and drop the price. It’s why I loved the old basic Hardbody and friends.
1722546887287.jpeg

1722546929466.jpeg

1722547002229.jpeg

1722547038746.jpeg

This
1722548415577.jpeg

Remind me of this
1722548519467.jpeg

Seriously. Make one with the standard fabric seats, wind down windows and just a/c and radio delete option with speaker set up for phone connection. Let customers tick the boxes like the old days.

Civic Type R money for a truck with mostly cosmetic enhancements? C'mon.
It's a truck. What the heck are you gonna do with a CTR when there is 6 inches of snow on the ground and you gotta get to work? When the roads are covered with salt? Unless you want to destroy the resale value of a car that is almos guaranteed to appreciate in time, you've got a brick sitting in your garage for at least three months of the year that you can't use. When you are using it, it rides like turds, it's difficult to navigate parking lot entrances and other steep inclines, it can't handle construction season worth a damn, and you've got to deal with a manual during rush hour traffic.

The Maverick is a better car in every way except in being a toy. It's not a toy, it's a car that you can use in almost every situation in any season.

It's a truck. What the heck are you gonna do with a CTR when there is 6 inches of snow on the ground and you gotta get to work? When the roads are covered with salt? Unless you want to destroy the resale value of a car that is almos guaranteed to appreciate in time, you've got a brick sitting in your garage for at least three months of the year that you can't use. When you are using it, it rides like turds, it's difficult to navigate parking lot entrances and other steep inclines, it can't handle construction season worth a damn, and you've got to deal with a manual during rush hour traffic.

The Maverick is a better car in every way except in being a toy. It's not a toy, it's a car that you can use in almost every situation in any season.
What's snow?

So, then, the Maverick you buy will be on discount. You’ll have to park it during winter and use the Type R. Useless. ;)
I like the Maverick for $20k in Hybrid form...42K is bewilderingly expensive for something like this though.

I like the Maverick for $20k in Hybrid form...42K is bewilderingly expensive for something like this though.
I'd much rather spend that on the Tremor because at least it's got off-road chops while not pretending to be sporty on the road. It covers all the bases except the sports car.

I wish something like the Maverick were brand new here at that price.
I'd much rather spend that on the Tremor because at least it's got off-road chops while not pretending to be sporty on the road. It covers all the bases except the sports car.
Thats why it’s good the Maverick covers lots of bases for varying lifestyles.

Back