Formula 1 Lenovo British Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 501 comments
They didn’t complete sector 1 before the red flag, so it resets to start order.
Rule is order at last completed sector otherwise.
Ah, I was confused by Bahrain 2020. It was the SC car line 2 in that race, but they just explained since not all made that line, this time.

Is it just me or do those catch fences seem really low? One unfortunate piece of shrapnel getting over it repeating something like the LM1955 disaster.

Probably unlikely, but still...

I've only been watching F1 for a few years. In that time I've seen the halo save Romain Grosjean from being decapitated, Lewis Hamilton from being crushed by Max Verstappen's wheel and now Zhou Guanyu's head from being ripped off by the tarmac and gravel.

Hard to believe that people were arguing against its adoption.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do those catch fences seem really low? One unfortunate piece of shrapnel getting over it repeating something like the LM1955 disaster.

Probably unlikely, but still...
I guess they figured the gravel would slow down the car enough not to warrant a 10m fence, unlike some events like NASCAR where cars can fly.

I've only been watching F1 for a few years. In that time I've seen the halo save Romain Grosjean from being decapitated, Lewis Hamilton from being crushed by Max Verstappen's wheel and now Zhou Guanyu's head from being ripped off by the tarmac and gravel.

Change is very difficult for racing fans (in my experience), especially F1 fans.

Rules are rules, car must return under is own power., not be towed in on a flatbed.
and they have no history of making up the rules as they go

i guess we’ll never know if he could have made it back under his own power, if he hadn’t stopped himself or stayed with it.

Pretty cars are way more important than drivers' lives, obviously /s

I was curious how Albon got caught up in it from back where he started, as he’s in the medical centre too...

Looks like he braked to avoid it and an Aston smashed into the back of him, putting him into the pit wall. Nasty-looking prang.
Oof, he then got two more hits...

The halo does have its issues.
It wont stop small objects from hitting the driver.
The Aero Screen was not good back when they were wanting a safety system.
But the modern Aero Screen is a very good solution which IMO should be adopted.

I was curious how Albon got caught up in it from back where he started, as he’s in the medical centre too...
Russel had a bad start, Albon overtook Zhou and Russell going between them, Gasly was, at least in is mind, the next one on this path.

That morning F2 second lap can be put on the list.

Wonder if their will be any updates to the track rules about space between the catch fence and the tire barrier.

Russel had a bad start, Albon overtook Zhou and Russell going between them, Gasly was, at least in is mind, the next one on this path.
No, after Zhou and Russell collided, Vettel and Albon at the back of the pack had a second accident.

Much better start from Sainz. Great pressure, didn't wilt and let him through.

Back