Formula 1 Lenovo British Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 501 comments
Wow...

The car flipped right over the tyre barrier completely and hit the wire fence behind.

Thankfully Zhou is OK, but also thankfully that car didn't end up in the crowd... halo saved him before the worst part of the crash, and a whole bunch of safety advances stopped that from being an absolute tragedy.

Last edited:
Looks like the first contact was caused by Russell moving across on Gasly not knowing he was there...

... although quite why Gasly thought being there was wise escapes me.

One can only speculate as to what they were planning to do, but the fact that the race was red-flagged before the race even got as far as the protesters is quite fortunate - and quite funny. They've hopefully blown their cover and blown their chance to wreck this race, and hopefully the whole lot of them will have a few months at Her Majesty's Pleasure to think about it.

There was a gap and he was closing in, Russell had to leave the gap.
Here, you dropped this:
Looks like the first contact was caused by Russell moving across on Gasly not knowing he was there...
Also "wise" and "allowed" are not necessarily the same thing.

Last edited:
So, they're just going to negate the first few corners and reset the original start order? What are they doing?

That's the Halo saving another life.

Sainz has been told over radio that its 10-15 mins until the re-start.

It's actually a good thing that, by coincidence, the race was red flagged before the cars arrived to where the track invaders were.

I fully empathize with the guy running away. Looks proper scary seeing it coming at you
Seeing the 'aerial' view from the F1 footage, there's people in between the stand and the catch fence. One chap was right behind where the car hit, and I'm pretty certain he will be paying a visit to the dry cleaners shortly.

Looks like Zhou's roll hoop failed. Also noticed that he didn't get airborne until he hit the service road that runs along the tyre barriers.

Last edited:
I'm not happy there was a big crash at all, that was horrifying, but I am glad that it allowed a Red Flag to come out and not be for those utter idiots who put everyone at risk to protest some silly cause in the wrong way.

No publicity, just jail please.

So, they're just going to negate the first few corners and reset the original start order? What are they doing?
They didn’t complete sector 1 before the red flag, so it resets to start order.
Rule is order at last completed sector otherwise.

Confirmed - FIA are jobsworth dicks. Russell not allowed to take the restart.

Last edited:
I was curious how Albon got caught up in it from back where he started, as he’s in the medical centre too...

Looks like he braked to avoid it and an Aston smashed into the back of him, putting him into the pit wall. Nasty-looking prang.

Back