Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 374 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
With the return to proper Permanent Circuits last time out at Silverstone, the new-for 2022 aero rules have shown that wheel-to-wheel racing can be absolutely thrilling and closer than we have seen for years. The Red Bull Ring has hosted 4 Grand Prix in the past two years, so the teams definitely have plenty of data as to how to drive this track and how to strategize around the layout. Ferrari took the win last time out in Britain, but a messy strategy meant it wasn't as smooth sailing for Charles Leclerc, who is now behind Sergio Perez. Verstappen is looking miles ahead of everyone in pace alone this season, can Ferrari keep up and have Mercedes joined the fight up front? We will only find out properly at the AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX!
image (9).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.318km

Race Distance
306.452 km

Lap Record
1:05.619
Carlos Sainz (2020)​

Definite collisions at turns one and two with the closer racing this year.

Slight chance of rain for Friday and Sunday. But even so, with all these straights it's very much Red Bull's race to lose. Also will be interesting to see if Mercedes still has bottoming out issues on these long straights.

Three, unless you think someone's going to be brake-checking up the hill... :D
There will absolutely be cases of three-wide going into T2 and nobody will want to give way.

Verstappen forcing a Ferrari into the gravel at Turn 4?

I don't think it'll happen, Max will be clear up the road ahead of everyone at this race. He was supreme at Silverstone and I can't see anyone catching him without major issues on his side (such as an AlphaTauri endplate wedged in the floor).

Expecting an easy RB 1-2 here. I’ll be surprised if they don’t make the Porsche deal official this weekend.

I think the sprint has potential to be a good one again. I just wish they would grow some balls and mimic through F2 system. Qualifying for the main race, reverse the top 10 from qualifying for the sprint. Would be way more entertaining.

Just to remind everyone how unmemorable and annoying it is, this is once again a Sprint Weekend, which I definitely remembered when I was writing the OP. :rolleyes:

Not a big deal in that case but i don't like the principle =>
FIA official stream doing Netflix stuff: broadcast a driver engineer message, followed by the driver reaction that actually was a reaction to another message.
In this case, Gasly's radio: they kept the start of the engineer message, cut the second part, and stick the reaction. Gasly wasn't reacting to his 11th position, but to the "0.010" gap he had with 10th.

I stop watching Drive to Survive because of that, i simply don't trust them anymore.

Red flag but enough time to continue

Oof, that was a harder hit than it initially looked like

Last edited:
Back