Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 374 comments
Bring out your conspiracies!

I guess my note in the F1 22 review that the cars are just tanks until they snap is probably realistic enough is indeed the case...

Last edited:
vVkoPPU.gif

Here are the updated qualifying averages:

Leclerc +0.007
Verstappen +0.229
Sainz +0.287
Perez +0.458
Russell +0.890
Hamilton +1.148
Alonso +1.279
Norris +1.283
Ocon +1.328
Bottas +1.357
Gasly +1.412
Tsunoda +1.624
Magnussen +1.684
Ricciardo +1.702
Schumacher +1.973
Vettel +1.995
Zhou +2.189
Stroll +2.354
Albon +2.359
Latifi +3.119

Last edited:
Seeing lots of people on social media happy and cheering that Lewis crashed… smh
You have to be a real piece of **** human being to applaud a driver crash.

He’s also arguably the best driver to have ever lived, like some keyboard warrior or coach potato could do better.

That said, I’m happy to see Max take pole. But what’s going on with Leclerc? Has Ferrari finally broken his spirits? Maybe there’s no point to try when you know your team is just gonna screw you over later one way or another.

But ya, cheering for crashes actually does make you a piece of **** human being. I like Hamilton, Max and Leclerc, but it doesn’t mean I hate any of the other drivers. Jfc people, be decent.

Seeing lots of people on social media happy and cheering that Lewis crashed… smh
You have to be a real piece of **** human being to applaud a driver crash.

He’s also arguably the best driver to have ever lived, like some keyboard warrior or coach potato could do better.

That said, I’m happy to see Max take pole. But what’s going on with Leclerc? Has Ferrari finally broken his spirits? Maybe there’s no point to try when you know your team is just gonna screw you over later one way or another.

But ya, cheering for crashes actually does make you a piece of **** human being. I like Hamilton, Max and Leclerc, but it doesn’t mean I hate any of the other drivers. Jfc people, be decent.
I don’t like cheering for crashes either, but “arguably best driver to have ever lived” ?! That may be pushing it just a tad.

Encouraging speed shown by Mercedes, they looked more competitive than last year here and most competitive they looked all season with a genuine chance for a pole position with Lewis. Thankfully both drivers were OK after the crashes, impressive they lasted this long without such crashes given how difficult the car looks to drive on the limit with it unloading at any moment.

Gives hope that the championships are still a possibility if they can find a bit more performance by getting the car more under their control. Hopefully Lewis can get a monster start and clear the midfield quickly so he can be in contention for the race win on Sunday. Hopefully George can get into the lead tomorrow. Big worry is they won't have enough parts to race with both in their starting positions so hopefully they don't sacrifice Lewis due to him having a worse starting position. Both can't really afford any contact tomorrow if they manage to get both cars on the grid.

It was good to see Williams up there challenging as did not get to see how well their updates worked last race, looks like they finally joined the midfield on outright pace and even ended up outqualifying a Red Bull they were copying.
Here are the updated qualifying averages:

Leclerc +0.007
Verstappen +0.229
Sainz +0.287
Perez +0.458
Russell +0.890
Hamilton +1.148
Alonso +1.279
Norris +1.283
Ocon +1.328
Bottas +1.357
Gasly +1.412
Tsunoda +1.624
Magnussen +1.684
Ricciardo +1.702
Schumacher +1.973
Vettel +1.995
Zhou +2.189
Stroll +2.354
Albon +2.359
Latifi +3.119
The name's Leclerc... Charles Leclerc

Last edited:
Perez has his Q2 laptime deleted finally, and will start the Sprint from P13. Insane it wasn't auto-deleted like everyone else's was (including his own team-mate).

Russell warned for "entering the track" without clearance from the marshalls... during a red flag with all the cars in the pits.

Apparently a technical directive regarding porpoising and another regarding "flexifloors" have also been postponed one race, coming into force at France and not Belgium as previously planned.

Just caught the highlight reel on YouTube. I genuinely can't remember the last time Lewis lost control of his car all on his own. Really odd to see him and Russell take themselves out of qualifying.

Also really confused as to why the stewards decided to wait until after the session to delete Checo's Q2 time. That should've been an insta-delete right then and there.

Perez has his Q2 laptime deleted finally, and will start the Sprint from P13. Insane it wasn't auto-deleted like everyone else's was (including his own team-mate).

Russell warned for "entering the track" without clearance from the marshalls... during a red flag with all the cars in the pits.

Apparently a technical directive regarding porpoising and another regarding "flexifloors" have also been postponed one race, coming into force at France and not Belgium as previously planned.
Gasly was really unlucky. At least it cost Perez more in the end as he put more wear on his tyres without benefitting from it and could hamper his race progress. I thought Perez had gone off watching but as nothing was done, thought he might have been just about OK. Doesn't look good that a driver can miss out due to an invalid lap that should have been dealt with straight away.

Apparently there were cars still on track.

I think you meant the other way around and two races giving over a month extra time although there is a break. I think wear on planks could be more decisive in how cars are run rather than the flexing.

@Fezzik
Lewis Hamilton

7 World Championships
103 race wins
185 podiums
Most pole positions 103
Most laps led

He currently holds the fastest lap times on 9 tracks: Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Algarve International Circuit, Hungaroring, Circuit Zandvoort, Sochi Autodrom, Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Yas Marina Circuit, Suzuka International Racing Course, Mugello Circuit

Just seems extremely disingenuous to say he’s not involved in conversation for best driver ever. He’s amazing.

Last edited:
I think the FIA need to reassess how track limit is defined/enforced. I don’t like how they enforce the white line policy so blindly. The number of laps deleted during today’s qualifying was getting a bit silly really. Places on the track where there’s kerbing such as the ones at Red Bull Ring, the track limit should be extended beyond the white line such that keeping at least two wheels inside the kerbing would be sufficient. I always believe that if a kerb can be used, the drivers should have the liberty or freedom to use it fully. Let them drive and not restrict them unnecessarily.

@Fezzik
Lewis Hamilton

7 World Championships
103 race wins
185 podiums
Most pole positions 103
Most laps led

He currently holds the fastest laps times on 9 tracks: Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Algarve International Circuit, Hungaroring, Circuit Zandvoort, Sochi Autodrom, Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Yas Marina Circuit, Suzuka International Racing Course, Mugello Circuit

Just seems extremely disingenuous to say he’s not involved in conversation for best driver ever. He’s amazing.

BuT iT's ThE cAr!!!

I think the FIA need to reassess how track limit is defined/enforced. I don’t like how they enforce the white line policy so blindly. The number of laps deleted during today’s qualifying was getting a bit silly really. Places on the track where there’s kerbing such as the ones at Red Bull Ring, the track limit should be extended beyond the white line such that keeping at least two wheels inside the kerbing would be sufficient. I always believe that if a kerb can be used, the drivers should have the liberty or freedom to use it fully. Let them drive and not restrict them unnecessarily.
Would you ask them to reassess the playing field in football, let them go a little bit outside? Or the court lines in Tennis, say it's in if the ball is only a little bit outside of it? No, you wouldn't. That's the boundary.

The white lines define the edge of the track, they always have ever since all tracks had them added. The object of qualifying is to drive the fastest lap of the track. If you go outside the track, you've not done that, you've made up your own track. Kerbs are not part of the track just the same as any tarmac run-off isn't, even if it's faster to go out there.

They've messed around with inconsistent track limits for years, personally I'm glad they're finally enforcing it consistently and clearly. The drivers know the rules, if they're as good as they think they are, they should be able to keep it on the track.

Last edited:
Would you ask them to reassess the playing field in football, let them go a little bit outside? Or the court lines in Tennis, say it's in if the ball is only a little bit outside of it? No, you wouldn't. That's the boundary.

The white lines define the edge of the track, they always have ever since all tracks had them added. The object of qualifying is to drive the fastest lap of the track. If you go outside the track, you've not done that, you've made up your own track. Kerbs are not part of the track just the same as any tarmac run-off isn't, even if it's faster to go out there.

They've messed around with inconsistent track limits for years, personally I'm glad they're finally enforcing it consistently and clearly. The drivers know the rules, if they're as good as they think they are, they should be able to keep it on the track.
I do like that they are sticking with the tight track limits in qualifying. When thousandths of a second can determine something like the difference between Q2 and Q3 them staying in the lines is important. Especially if they are enforcing them equally.
Why it took so long to yank Perez was stupid. It's a black and white issue, why was the team even allowed to defend and challenge the ruling?

The biggest test will be if they go back to penalizing drivers for pushing others wide here when they completely ignored that and swerving at Silverstone.

Just caught the highlight reel on YouTube. I genuinely can't remember the last time Lewis lost control of his car all on his own. Really odd to see him and Russell take themselves out of qualifying.

Also really confused as to why the stewards decided to wait until after the session to delete Checo's Q2 time. That should've been an insta-delete right then and there.
The last time I can think is Belgium 2019 in FP3. Can't remember the last time he did it in a session that mattered though (qualifying/race).
BuT iT's ThE cAr!!!
Which is why Ukyo Katayama should be in the conversation for great ever driver, he just never had the car to show it.

Back