Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 374 comments
Was inevitable that Norris would get a penalty given that he couldn't seem to keep it within the lines during qualifying either.

I know I'm not a professional racing driver and can't imagine what it's like in the car, but they've been deleting laps all weekend, how hard is it to stay within the white lines? I.e. the race track..
Drivers will always go for the fastest line. The fastest line here is as close as you can possibly get to the track limits

Was inevitable that Norris would get a penalty given that he couldn't seem to keep it within the lines during qualifying either.

I know I'm not a professional racing driver and can't imagine what it's like in the car, but they've been deleting laps all weekend, how hard is it to stay within the white lines? I.e. the race track..
One had to wonder if the visibility in the new cars is really messing with some drivers.

485818FC-874C-4DAC-8DB2-83AF12AE53D6.png

Drivers will always go for the fastest line. The fastest line here is as close as you can possibly get to the track limits
But after a Friday of deleted lap times, surely they would make some adjustments to their lines? And after the F2 race as well. I just don't get it.

Stick barriers all down the edge, turn it into a street track, then they’ll respect the limits.

But after a Friday of deleted lap times, surely they would make some adjustments to their lines? And after the F2 race as well. I just don't get it.
Adjusting the lines is slower. They will keep trying to put it right at the limit, which occasionally makes them go over. If they keep it under 3 times, they gain quite a bit with it

Now the teams have seen that overtaking is really easy here, they're not too worried about pitting and having to pass their rivals.

There's some great racing going on

Back