Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
Honestly, we will never know whether it's fake or not. It looks pretty legit.

The guy on the forums, who was the first to post this, said a quite possible scenario - they uploaded the Duracell pack video with the wrong description, then took it down and reuploaded it again. It might just be an employee mistake.

My best bet is that the Porsche expansion will be to FH2 what the Nurburgring was to FM5 - an unexpected (now expected) announcement at E3 of an expansion pack for the outgoing game before they move on to the next game.

So let's just (try to) wait for E3 and see what happens.

I hope the Porsche DLC is real. I also hope they finally give us a 356.
Same here. This expansion should contain at least 20 cars like in Forza 4, but hopefully they're all new to the series. Who has a feeling that T10 will announce this expansion pack before or after Forza Motorsport 6 is announced? I think they should announce it first, and then FM6 to have people assume (Hey! Maybe Porsche will come to FM6 too? It all makes of what they're planning now).

That'll be so awesome! I really do hope Porsche comes to FM6 as well.

:D :) :D

I read further into the forza forum and checked YouTube comments on the new dlc trailer, and the Porsche screenshot shows to have the same URL, and both are 52 seconds long, meaning the Porsche vid may be fake.
The video may in fact be the same actual duracell pack video, but what could have happened is that the wrong info was placed into the description. It was said to be uploaded and then locked out a couple of minutes later and fixed.

EDIT: Didnt notice @RandomCarGuy17 already posted that.

My best bet is that the Porsche expansion will be to FH2 what the Nurburgring was to FM5 - an unexpected (now expected) announcement at E3 of an expansion pack for the outgoing game before they move on to the next game.

Now that I think of it... Didn't the Road America DLC + booster come out 'round the same time as the Storm Island DLC? And the FnF stand-alone around the same time as the Long Beach DLC + booster?

I got the Duracell pack for free. I did have to buy each car with in game money though. I didn't mind, what with my 2.1 million+ credits. I guess someone at Turn 10 or Microsoft messed up and released the pack as part of the Car Pass at first. The mistake has since been rectified. I'm glad I was able to get it for free, makes up for having to pay for the Pre Order cars.

Last edited:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst37755_FH2-Porsche-Expansion-Pack.aspx

Well, I was right; it was an error made by an employee when uploading the Duracell Car Pack video. So yeah, there's no comfirmation of the Porsche expansion pack. Though, I still don't want to rule out the possibility of their being a Porsche pack coming to FH2.
That's as good as confirmation as it gets that they have something at least in the works with the manufacturer. That description was very specific in its wording regarding Porsche.

Super stoked about this! any speculation on how many Porsches they'll add. considering Horizon car packs are smaller than the Motorsport ones? Also what models? New and old to the franchise? Either way, this is great! Im also praying for an 1000 club free update like the last gam

Super stoked about this! any speculation on how many Porsches they'll add. considering Horizon car packs are smaller than the Motorsport ones? Also what models? New and old to the franchise? Either way, this is great! Im also praying for an 1000 club free update like the last gam
Good question. FM4's pack added 30 cars over the usual 10/month, so if a FH2 expansion follows a similar layout of 1 expansion=3 months worth, I'd say possibly 15-20 cars.

It would easily be a mix of new & old. The leak noted the 918, so I'd assume that's as new as it'd get; RS will probably be out but retain the base GT3. The rest could be a mix of what we saw in FM4.

Rumour has it the 928 was modelled around the time Forza 4 was announced, before EA revoked the sublicense.

I saw the trailer, and hoo boy, they surely nailed the soundtrack department. "City Lights" by Culture Shock and Bryn Christopher... I love that song so much. Too bad this DLC isn't part of the Car Pass... At least I can enjoy the Carlton, the world's fastest saloon car.

Had the same reaction too. "City Lights" is my jam. Was not expecting that.

Not a huge fan of Porsches truth be told, but they would still be a welcomed edition to the game.

Kinda wish Porsche would pull the plug on EA so we wouldn't have to deal with this issue.

Also I would hope the RUF's would stay, the yellow bird is a scary but fun challenge to drive.

I of course was glad to grab the free Lotus Carlton (fine car), but the rest of the pack was pretty uninspiring imo
Yep, that's two packs in a row I didn't purchase... Definitely buying the Porsche Pack though, even if it's $20.

I'm curious about what else the Porsche expansion pack will include, with 500 extra gamer points I'm expecting another island... Probably just another championship though.

no as in I actually have to pay $6.65 for them, unlike all of you apparently. Then again, the pack does feel like someone raided the GT6/Forza3/4 parts bin for the cars... I will have driven all but two of them before.

no as in I actually have to pay $6.65 for them, unlike all of you apparently. Then again, the pack does feel like someone raided the GT6/Forza3/4 parts bin for the cars... I will have driven all but two of them before.
I thought at first that I had payed, but I remember it saying already purchased. It now makes sense.

So has anyone got this expansion pack and is it any good??

I'll get it tomorrow, haven't played FH2 for a while..

One word should deliver my opinion: AWESOME.
No, really, it is very well worth the money: all the cars are incredibly fun to drive and are seriously competitive. My favorite is the 918; up in second comes the GT3 RS, and in third there is the 959.

Bough it yesterday, and ended up playing for hours. Then again, I'm clearly biased when it comes to Porsche, but I can't wait to get back on.

Latest Posts

Back