Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,892 comments
Apparently, all the newly added cars have badly made interiors in one way or another... That's disappointing. :(

The Pista also has a paint bug: if you paint over the stripes, their outlines remain. I sent the ticket, the reply is yet to come.

I play Forza mainly for two reasons: unparalleled gameplay and car pr0n. Gameplay is as sharp as ever but the encyclopedic factor has been severely lacking for a while... Both studios are at fault here.

Every 3 hours with new set of cars or same set of cars?

The same set as far as I know.

edit: I was wrong. Full schedule:

blackfriday2-jpg.31343

9 AM GMT is 4:00 AM EDT, guess I won't be getting the Camaro....

Wow, that is fortuitous timing for the Z4. I get back at 5pm GMT! Just got myself up to 95 points today, boy do I regret not really getting into it sooner - I'm nowhere near the level to have unlocked Goliath for the truck challenge. I'm at level 9, so I'll be relying on the daily challenges of 60 points...

The Camaro PO shouldn't be a problem for me, I normally wake up at 6 on Saturdays, plus I don't have to work because of the Holiday :)

There are cars there I don't own, but I was really expecting stuff like the Divo, Superleggera, etc, so it's a little disappointing in that regard. Now I don't feel nearly as foolish spending 8M on the ID.R. :P

3020 Points is what you need to get every car, if your lowish on money I suggest buy them all and sell the duplicates that's probably close to 100 mil worth of cars there.

VXR
Wow, that is fortuitous timing for the Z4. I get back at 5pm GMT! Just got myself up to 95 points today, boy do I regret not really getting into it sooner - I'm nowhere near the level to have unlocked Goliath for the truck challenge. I'm at level 9, so I'll be relying on the daily challenges of 60 points...
Just go to blueprint events and classics and do the goliath there, you dont have to be at level 20 then and it works.

The M3 GTS interior is half-baked, but what's wrong with all the other newly added cars?

So:

- The Pista's paddles move with the steering wheel and the gauge clusters are very difficult to see during the day
- The ATS GT also has issues with the gauge clusters, similar to the Pista
- The Diablo GTR has poor camera placement
- The 512 S has missing bits on the interior when you look around

The other three cars were driven by time travellers (not me of course, I value my account!).

Personally what bothers me the most in the Pista are the gauges, because the paddles are poorly animated in Forza anyway. But the bugs in these new cars are way too frequent. Reminds me of when T10 was rushing content into FM7 and there were bugs by the dozens.

I play primarily for the cars, so bad sounds, graphical glitches, poor features, etc. tend to disappoint me pretty often. Bugged cars are not as immersive.

So:

- The Pista's paddles move with the steering wheel and the gauge clusters are very difficult to see during the day
- The ATS GT also has issues with the gauge clusters, similar to the Pista
- The Diablo GTR has poor camera placement
- The 512 S has missing bits on the interior when you look around

The other three cars were driven by time travellers (not me of course, I value my account!).

Personally what bothers me the most in the Pista are the gauges, because the paddles are poorly animated in Forza anyway. But the bugs in these new cars are way too frequent. Reminds me of when T10 was rushing content into FM7 and there were bugs by the dozens.

I play primarily for the cars, so bad sounds, graphical glitches, poor features, etc. tend to disappoint me pretty often. Bugged cars are not as immersive.

Okay. Issues like these part of the reason why I started using chase camera in FM7 because, as you imply, that game also launched full of issues like these. I've stuck with the chase camera in FH4 as I find it actually complements the gameplay rather nicely, and having less modelling errors in plain sight is a nice added bonus.

Instead I get my interior camera fix in GT Sport. It has its own minor modelling issues every now and then, but Polyphony seems better at correcting small inaccuracies over time, and it also allows for interior camera height and back / forth adjustments that are saved per car, which is great whenever the default camera position in some cars turns out to be less than ideal.

I simply don't get the appeal of the PO cars.
I'm not particularly wild about making X-Class cars, but the McLaren 720PO is capable of being both lighter and more powerful than the standard 720, and is a devastating weapon and a great alternative to the Mosler, for example.

Okay. Issues like these part of the reason why I started using chase camera in FM7 because, as you imply, that game also launched full of issues like these. I've stuck with the chase camera in FH4 as I find it actually complements the gameplay rather nicely, and having less modelling errors in plain sight is a nice added bonus.

Instead I get my interior camera fix in GT Sport. It has its own minor modelling issues every now and then, but Polyphony seems better at correcting small inaccuracies over time, and it also allows for interior camera height and back / forth adjustments that are saved per car, which is great whenever the default camera position in some cars turns out to be less than ideal.

Yeah, I have to admit PD's attention to detail is something Forza should learn from.

Forza just wastes time with ForzaVista. No one is gonna care you can see the nuts in the Agera RS's underpinnings when the reflections are ugly and the interiors have bad lighting.

Found a blueprint of 'The Goliath' on the trending list. It took me 45 seconds, and most of that was me figuring out it was a trick course so I headed for the finish line whilst other drivers were going around trees.

Colour me amused that it was enough to unlock the final achievement and net me the 200 FP! Now I have enough for the Z4 and I will get another 20 so I can snag the Apollo thing, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to admit PD's attention to detail is something Forza should learn from.

Forza just wastes time with ForzaVista. No one is gonna care you can see the nuts in the Agera RS's underpinnings when the reflections are ugly and the interiors have bad lighting.
How the duck can you say that Forza's reflections are ugly while praising GTS blocky 15fps cube map reflections lol. I own them both, they both have good and bad models. And the lighting in Forza Horzion 4 is far more advanced than anyhting on the market right now (for racing games). And as a photographer and a car enthousiast i like Forza Vista alot. But i agree some of GTS interiors are sick, the one's with the carbon fibers especially. They have some insane material work and shaders, but so do Forza.

Forza just wastes time with ForzaVista. I don't care you can see the nuts in the Agera RS's underpinnings when the reflections are ugly and the interiors have bad lighting.
FTFY.

And ironic how you say PD has attention to detail when they don't even modeled engines and other compartments in a car, whereas Forza goes in FULL detail with said car.

Forzavista may not be for everyone, but I (and others like me) actually like this feature and therefore, isn't a "waste" as you call it. And bad lightning? Now I really can't take you seriously anymore...

Forza should learn from PD's attention to detail, but Forza should stop paying attention to details?

You're contradicting yourself in those sentences a little...

I mean...half the time Polyphony models things that can't even really be seen in gameplay or even Scape photos, making the modeling of them moot. At least Forza allows the options to see the inners of a vehicle?

Latest Posts

Back