Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Pez pretty much already nailed the answer so I'll answer the likely counterpoint - the reason GT can get away with having the actual names for inter-brand swaps is likely down to how few swaps it has, and/or it being a bigger priority for PD to throw more money at. I'm willing to get licensors will let you do more if you give them more money.

For sure - as far as I'm aware there are only three cross-brand swaps in GT7 currently (if you count VW and Porsche as the same entity these days), and they're all in cars from Japanese manufacturers that PD has been working with for 25 years. They even famously worked on the real GT-R for Nissan, so a pretty close relationship.

Hello beautiful people, I tried it myself but with no luck, so thought I’d ask for help here.

Would any one be able to create a simple livery design for the Huracan Evo for me?

It’s not even a design, but more the launch spec of the car from all the reviews and photos.

Tried looking for a design like that but didn’t find anything, and I’d really appreciate the help 😊

I’d buy you a virtual happy meal of your choice and be forever grateful for your help 🥰

Hello beautiful people, I tried it myself but with no luck, so thought I’d ask for help here.

Would any one be able to create a simple livery design for the Huracan Evo for me?

It’s not even a design, but more the launch spec of the car from all the reviews and photos.

Tried looking for a design like that but didn’t find anything, and I’d really appreciate the help 😊

I’d buy you a virtual happy meal of your choice and be forever grateful for your help 🥰
Do you have a photo of the specification you want maybe i will try to create it.

Finally decided to try and reverse engineer the manufacturer colours files for each car, and I've managed enough to be able to port colours between cars.

As you'll see when it's available, the 2018 RS4 Avant has 7 colours, the last of which is this lovely metallic green:
1651704947476.png

Thanks to what I've managed to reverse from the file, I've been able to borrow and add (not just replace) two new colours from other cars - Nardo Grey from the 2020 RS3, and Deep Ocean Blue from the 2019 Golf R:
1651704992437.png

1651705006772.png

As with everything, I would 100% not use this online (especially since you're adding things, anyone else who is lacking them will probably crash when they see you), but it's useful knowledge and handy for offline modders.

Finally decided to try and reverse engineer the manufacturer colours files for each car, and I've managed enough to be able to port colours between cars.As you'll see when it's available, the 2018 RS4 Avant has 7 colours, the last of which is this lovely metallic green:

Thanks to what I've managed to reverse from the file, I've been able to borrow and add (not just replace) two new colours from other cars - Nardo Grey from the 2020 RS3, and Deep Ocean Blue from the 2019 Golf R

As with everything, I would 100% not use this online (especially since you're adding things, anyone else who is lacking them will probably crash when they see you), but it's useful knowledge and handy for offline modders.
I like what you are achieving so far with offline modding for FH5. Keep up the good work.

Hi, I hope to see some of you on the rivals leaderboards.
Welcome to the club I guess! Not sure about the level of competition thought. There are some very good drivers but mostly are just regulars. And the GTP club is more of a place where you can find familiar faces from this forum. Maybe it will work for you. If not don't worry just search for something else. You can still hang out here. If you want.

Just like I thought. No active aero for SF90 Stradale. Please consider fixing it PG. If SMS can do this (Project Cars 3) then you can do it too. Same thing applies to the Jesko speedo.

Welcome to the club I guess! Not sure about the level of competition thought. There are some very good drivers but mostly are just regulars. And the GTP club is more of a place where you can find familiar faces from this forum. Maybe it will work for you. If not don't worry just search for something else. You can still hang out here. If you want.
I looked at the rivals times GTP has, and it looks like I’ll have my work cut out for me 😅

I mostly race S1 Class, and almost exclusively use the McLaren F1. I think I could do better on a few tracks if I switched cars but I really just want to take the McLaren as far as I can since it’s my favorite all time car.

The Trailblazer and Speed Trap this week are killing me. If anyone has tunes or hints then I'd appreciate them very much.
For the Trailblazer, I used a first-gen Scirocco that I had converted to a 4WD rally car, but with race slick tires. I started south of the entrance so I could get a nice straight run at speed, jumped the stairs and kept the car straight, then it was just a case of making sure I made a smooth left turn onto the final straight. It was close, but I got it.

The speed trap, on the other hand... I'm a good 10 mph short of the requirement. This is going to take some time.

The Trailblazer and Speed Trap this week are killing me. If anyone has tunes or hints then I'd appreciate them very much.
Trailblazer: 2021 Golf R (DLC) tune: 172 896 465
No tips here. Just a clean run. Better if live so you can destroy the obstacles and using rewind. This one is so hard for me too.

Speed trap: 2004 Evo VIII MR tune: 647 085 889
Managed going downhill and cutting the chicane. It's hard but not trailblazer hard.

I've been .5 seconds off on the Speed Trap but I for the life of me could not improve. I used the Eclipse with Auto upgrade for that so I know someone could do better.

I was 3 tenths shy in a stock Scirocco R before it started raining and I ran out of time to try - I suspect that using the 30+ PI remaining on upgraded tyres and a bit of power would make it doable. Clearing out the junk at the start and first corner is a must too.

Trailblazer is easily the worst aspect of the game for me. There's little skill involved, it's a matter of pointing at a direction and hope for the best. Not fun.

Funnily enough, this one is the only one in the game that's actually more like a mini time trial, through the streets of the city. Getting 3 stars on it is extremely easy normally for some reason, but the weekly requirement is to go considerably faster than that in a B500 VW, so pretty much a near-stock Golf R or similar.

I finally got the Canallo Blanco speed trap after dozens of tries in several different Mitsubishis. I don’t mind a challenge, but this is not how I expected to spend Cinco de Mayo.
that is probably the most annoying PR stunt objective I had in weeks, took me a an hour to try out different Mitsubishi and tunes to complete it.

the trailblazer with a B class VW this week is equally annoying too.

I thought the SF90 was a bit crap, but the Safari Z is shockingly terrible. Just... why?
In my personal opinion, Safari Z was not as bad as first impression. (SF90? meh.)
With the off-road tires and AWD conversion, it has enough off-road performance, and the engine sound is very good.
I don't know if it's realistic or not, but it's a nice sound that makes I want to step on the gas pedal more.

However, I think this car should have been playlist content rather than car pass.
There are already several variant models in car pass...

Last edited:
Cinco de Mayo is a bigger deal outside of Mexico, namely in the U.S., maybe to remind immigrants there of their heritage. It was a bigger deal here when I was younger because it's a patriotic celebration of the day the humble Mexican army defeated the invading French army (1862) outside the city of Puebla, stalling them for at least a year. They did eventually toppled the government and helped impose a foreign monarch that lasted from 1863-1867, after which our country was never subject to foreign rule ever again.
But yeah, nowadays, we are mostly indifferent although the government insists on some civic celebrations to mark the day, such as reenactments of the battle.
Our biggest celebrations are Independence Day (September 16) and the Day of the Dead (November 1-2). Anyways, have a tequila shot! :gtpflag:

Back