Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Anyways... This exists, as I was trying to find a way to get the Car Pass cars early so that I can take a picture of... (and holy crap. Series 9's gonna actually start on my birthday...)View attachment 1143723

Nexus feels expansion related - or perhaps it's a bigger feature.

In No-Mans Sky - The Nexus is a place where you can find other players and you can link up with them, do missions together etc. A social hub. I've always thought it's been really silly that there is all this clothing and emotes in the game - but there really isn't anywhere to show it off well (or interact with it). The Nexus could be that place. As well as linking people up who want say.. drift, or do Horizon Open, or just cruise etc.

Having a "hub world" would definitely fit within Horizon's gameified feature list - and they could market it as "the first time you can get out of your car in a Forza game!!!!!!!".

Yeah this is definitely wrong and I expect to be fully whelmed by whatever Academy/Nexus is (probably just a Horizon Story or something) but hey, you never know, right?

Last edited:
I regret that I can no longer include in the blueprints cars that are already in the game but have not yet been released.
I know that you can make a Challenge Card. I played one with the new M8. One of those drive for 30 minutes. He will get reported soon I suppose. It's still available.

Challenge Card Code 128 542 909
FRbDPmeXoAIYYHp

Last edited:
This is just a very tentative guess but with the xbox games showcase being on the 12th of June, and only 3 new reward cars for series 8. With the way the schedule breaks down that would likely mean no new reward car the week of the 16th immediately following that showcase. Could this be to avoid any spotlight conflict with a potential first DLC release?

Another week, another crap Eventlabs abomination, undriveable and long. That's three points I won't get, how do they get past QA??? (To be fair, last week's one on the volcano was decent, but the other was atrocious.)
I don't mind this one, apart from the fact the laps are so long - I'd had a similar idea once, but didn't get the time to do it. It's not undriveable though; couple of rough spots I found in the Brutalist Bentayga, but no trouble driving it.

Can't wait for the next "obstacles at the airport" track...

Shameless plug coming up........

If this week's Eventlab didn't do it for you then try my latest masterpiece (well in my eyes lol). Race up and back down the volcano and around the festival in your favourite Pick-Up/Offroader.

Share code is - 178 257 310

This week's Eventlab is a long race with 1 or 2 horrible corners but it's not too bad a race to be fair. There have been far worse.

Last edited:
Oo-er the pressure is on now lol. Hope you like it 🤞
I certainly liked it! My overall impression is that is a good mix of road-dirt-cross country, free of gimmicks. I was specially surprised/pleased with the volcano ascent approach, which puts the emphasis on torque, as it should in all terrain events. I also liked the choice of weather. My only nitpicks would be maybe have a shorter 2-lap version with time progression and some visual markers on the descent side. All in all, a great and fun blueprint.

Last edited:
I certainly liked it! My overall impression is that is a good mix of road-dirt-cross country, free of gimmicks. I was specially surprised/pleased with the volcano ascent approach, which puts the emphasis on torque, as it should in all terrain events. I also liked the choice of weather. My only nitpicks would be maybe have a shorter 2-lap version with time progression and some visual markers on the descent side. All in all, a great and fun blueprint.
Thank you very much bud 😃. I really appreciate the feedback. I can certainly add visual markers on the descent. A two lap version can certainly be made, I turned time progression off to ensure the weather stayed horrible throughout. When I'm on next I'll make the adjustments.

a0e66df1-c75d-40e7-b680-76ee30e7a7f3.png

Here you go @Nacho Libre bud. As requested, downhill markers in place, only 2 laps and time progression on.

Share code is - 149 622 061

Hope you enjoy.

Thank you, it is indeed a very enjoyable blueprint for pick-ups built for torque at B700. Play at least at Pro difficulty (but not at unbeatable or they will rubberband you to death during the last 1/3 of the race.)

Last edited:
Any leaked cars and files after the latest update
apple slipper, keply D , the admeister
Unfortunately, nope. I haven't fully checked the texture files yet (no new findings in the badge files, and I'm still trying to find what wheels were removed from the wheel texture files).

Last edited:
It happened. Someone just finished mapping all the Tour events. It turned out there is a 24h cycle with 720 events. The full list can be found here https://t.co/rYpEhjnEBB.

Here are the starting times of all the S2 Tour events. Make sure to enter before the time shown. All the times are for UTC time zone. Adjust to your local time first.

02:48S2998Extreme Track Toys
03:00S2998High Rollers
05:12S2998Hypercars
05:36S2998France
06:12S2998Extreme Track Toys
07:48S2998Anything Goes
09:42S2998Extreme Track Toys
15:18S2998Extreme Track Toys
15:30S2998High Rollers
17:42S2998Hypercars
18:06S2998France
18:42S2998Extreme Track Toys
20:18S2998Anything Goes
22:12S2998Extreme Track Toys

If there was anything of real note in the latest update I'd have posted it. PG have started cleaning up loose files more with each update since March or so, likely because of people carelessly posting it around with exact sources/locations cited.

Lately I've been messing around on an offline copy with (non-permanent and hacky) database mods, such as injecting the engines' real names and adding more swaps for cars:
1651417837278.png

1651417798217.png

Last edited:
So, I have horizon 5 on pc, i got on to get the f150, was told the f150 is not available and I had to wait till the 28th, closed horizon 5 to reboot, when I hit play I'm hit with a no applicable app license found error. I pre ordered the big boy version..... and now I can't play it.
Edit: restarted pc, I can play it, f150 still not available, what am I doing wrong that never allows me to get released cars until after 2 weeks of their release

Last edited:
The Horizon Open challenge of 160kph for 10sec doesn’t need to be completed within a race or so it seems for me. I tried to get into a Open race but an event was underway so whilst waiting I was cruising around the map. Anyways the real world intervened and I had to quit. Back to the menu later and it’s shown as completed. Cool

If there was anything of real note in the latest update I'd have posted it. PG have started cleaning up loose files more with each update since March or so, likely because of people carelessly posting it around with exact sources/locations cited.

Lately I've been messing around on an offline copy with (non-permanent and hacky) database mods, such as injecting the engines' real names and adding more swaps for cars:
Why PG uses generic names for the engine swaps instead of real ones? Does this have something to do with licensing stuff?

I like the addition of more engine swaps in your private offline mod. Hopefully in the future, there could be a way to decrypt the "gamedb.slt" file and go nuts with offline mods for FH5.

Pez pretty much already nailed the answer so I'll answer the likely counterpoint - the reason GT can get away with having the actual names for inter-brand swaps is likely down to how few swaps it has, and/or it being a bigger priority for PD to throw more money at. I'm willing to get licensors will let you do more if you give them more money.

Back