Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Forsberg 370Z's just a frankenstein what-if between the 350Z FE and 370Z, which means, a secretly recycled car.

I'm looking forward to that Dodge Magnum, especially if we get the pre-facelift front fascia as visual customization...
I agree with you. I think the pre-facelift front end is more in line with the overall body design.
But still the fact that this car will be added to the game is great.
The last game we were able to use this car was Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition.

Fun fact: FH5 is the first game ever to allow Magnum after a facelift. There have only been three games in the past that have included this car as playable, and all of them were pre-facelift models.

(starting from 0:41)
I don't know whether it's me not noticing or just PG being lazy, but apparently SF90 Stradale has this active aero thing which I didn't see in the livestream (FYI Project Cars 3 has it)
Same thing applies to FXX-K EVO: (starting from 3:41)

Last edited:
I'm excited for all of the new cars! But the one I'm REALLY looking forward to is the Ford F-150 SVT Lignting. Just seeing it brings me back to when GT4 had it back then. Now it returns but in Forza. 😍

The Dodge Magnum also caught me by surprise, and yet another great addition to Forza. Overall, this upcoming is going to be a blast unlocking all of these cars. :)

I have absolutely no care in the world for the SF90 and F8, the game is already saturated with hypercars and supercars that all feel the same. But the Magnum and Lightning? Hell yeah. We need more wagons. The RS4 next month is also something I'm looking forward to.

So, we should know all the cars in Series 8 also once the update drops via Horizon promo.

Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

Also, what happened to this?

qpl7eiiqfqv81.jpg

Not coming anymore?
We are still getting events based on classic cars in series 7 but I thought we would get more classic cars instead of just the Ferrari Lusso in the update also.

Same for the Ferrari 512BB.
Well, we had the racing version of the 512BB in FM6 and FM7 but getting the road version would be nice also. That being said with the next update we will have 38 Ferraris it is a pretty safe bet we will probably end up with more Ferraris in FH5 than the 40 that were in FH4.

(starting from 0:41)
I don't know whether it's me not noticing or just PG being lazy, but apparently SF90 Stradale has this active aero thing which I didn't see in the livestream (FYI Project Cars 3 has it)
Same thing applies to FXX-K EVO: (starting from 3:41)

Yeah it seems that they lowered the standard or something. I've actually looked into the FXX K Evo file, the animation for the rear wing didn't exist. Ford GT (New one) has animation for the engine bay on the file, but can't be opened in game

This month's Let's Go stream reminded me there are cars from FH4 that i had no clue they were absent in FH5 at launch (512 TR, 250 GT, etc), and that PG still loves to exploit FOMO to keep players engaged.

I like the new Car Pass additions for the incoming Series.

Also, i hate the fact Open Drifting lobbies in FH5 were not included in Custom Racing and unlike in FH4, they are not separated by drivetrain type. All you have to do for Drift lobby domination is to get a powerfull AWD build and be skilled enough to get a high score in a single lap.

Glad to see the F150 Lightning finally! Now for the first gen version! Would be hilarious if they offered the option of having the truck bed full of boxes and car parts a la The Fast and the Furious!

More fantastic additions. It's almost like they are now fleshing up individual brands every month. Ferrari for May, Audi for June.

The cars are already listed for the Car Pass:
  • 28 Apri: Ford SVT Lightning 2003
  • 05 May: Nissan Forsberg Racing 'SafariZ 370Z Safari Rally Tribute 2014
  • 12 May: Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro 2019
  • 19 May: Dodge Magnum SRT-8 2008
  • 26 May: BMW M8 Competition Coupe 2020
  • 02 June: Audi RS3 Sedan 2020
  • 09 June: Audi RS5 Coupe 2018
  • 16 June: Volkswagen Pickup LX 1982

The cars currently in the car collection (meaning they will be part of the festival playlist) are:
  • Audi RS4 Avant 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG GT-S 2015
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (992) 2021

Last edited:
Well actually u can even see that in the steamdb changelog
  • Added – media/Cars/AUD_RS3Sedan_20.zip (22.66 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/AUD_RS4Avant_18.zip (30.02 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/AUD_RS5_18.zip (22.25 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/BMW_M8_20.zip (27.60 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/DOD_MagnumSRT8_08.zip (36.71 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FER_250GTLusso_63.zip (18.44 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FER_512TR_91.zip (22.89 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FER_CaliforniaT_15.zip (18.78 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FER_F8Tributo_20.zip (20.73 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FER_SF90Stradale_20.zip (25.61 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/FOR_SVTLightning_03.zip (22.40 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/MER_AMGGT_15.zip (17.51 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/NIS_64_370ZSafari_20.zip (25.51 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/POR_911GT3_21.zip (21.56 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/TOY_TacomaTRDPro_19.zip (30.84 MiB)
  • Added – media/Cars/VW_Caddy_82.zip

Awesome stuff, especially the Volkswagen Pickup LX! What a beauty.

Hoping this can return now as a class competitor

irfan-haider-subaru-brat-forza-horizon.jpg

Now that all of this new metal that was leaked is in the game....

What does that leave for potential expansions?

Obviously there still are classics on the leaked list like the 288 GTO Evo, Fiat S76, Porsche 962, the Lincolns etc.

But sureeely, their has to be some newer model year cars in them as well. PG doing a better job of hiding those perhaps?

Last edited:
Need that Subaru Brat! Was one of my favourite cars in FH2 for cross country (my first FH game).

Happy to see the new Audi models released, together with that 2018 TT RS we already got that‘s a decent line-up.

Even though I’m a fan of the classic cars i think it’s a solid bunch of cars for series 7 & 8.

Looking on YouTube and found a couple of players already driving the Ford F-150 SVT Lightning and the BMW M8 Competition Coupe. They are in big trouble now and Playground Games will find out.

Using an offline copy to check the interesting bits. Unique sounds have been added for the 512TR and 992 GT3.A

• Audi RS4 gets an ABT RS4-R set of aero
  • BMW M8 gets a 850i's AC Schnitzer set of aero
  • SVT Lightning gets a bed cover and non-Forza hood
  • VW Caddy gets some bedside rails, "Rabbit" mudflaps, and its "VOLKSWAGEN" text on the rear lid is its own paint group

Interesting engine swaps (I'm ignoring the ones that every car in certain classes gets, e.g. you can assume the muscle cars get a 7.7 V12, 6.7 diesel, etc - I won't list them here):
  • Audi RS3/4/5 all get an AMG 6.2 and Audi 5.2 swap
  • BMW gets the 5.2 V10 from the R8, unfortunately no M5 V10 since it would be a downgrade
  • Dodge Magnum gets the Viper V10 in addition to some standard muscle swaps
  • Ferrari 250 Lusso gets a 3.5 from the F355, and a 4.5 from the 458
  • Ferrari 512TR gets a Porsche 4.0 Flat 6, F50 GT V12, and Enzo 6.0 V12
  • Ferrari Cali T gets an R8 5.2 V10, 458 4.5 V8, and Enzo 6.0 V12
  • Ferrari F8 gets a LaFerrari 6.3 and F50 GT V12
  • Ferrari SF90 gets a LaFerrari 6.3
  • Ford SVT Lightning gets an RB26 swap (yes, really)
  • Forsberg 370Z gets an RB26, VR38DETT, VRH35, and 1LR-GUE swap
  • Toyota Tacoma gets a 1LR-GUE swap (as with everything new Toyota)
  • VW Caddy (1.6 diesel stock) gets the 1.8 from the MK1 GTI, and the 2.8 VR6 from the MK3

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back