Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
Upgrade Heroes' update could possibly a fancy moniker for a tuner update.
AR12 Nick said, "I want these new cars to have some challenge to unlocking them, such as the Trial."
And yes, this statement is from the same fan-favorite Youtuber/normie who cried about the Porsche 935 and Mission R being in Horizon 5 in his videos about them, while being the manifestation of the average 12 year old who plays Horizon 5 via Gamepass, bragging about vehicle prices and mistaking the Wuling Hongguang as the actual Sunshine (which was a minicab truck).

Hold on... Did the devs wear Donut Media merch and made a Hi-Low reference?
4B83C8BD-6EC8-4BC8-B0AF-4E982DBD4D95.jpeg

About 4-6 recycled cars (Hi-Lo MX5, 350Z, E36) next month???

Last edited:
@Apple Slipper
Plus the Trial is online based too. No thanks indeed. Rather keep earning 20pts to unlock the brand new cars thank you very much.

Edit: Also Torb's message was the most heartfelt I've seen. He generally seems very appreciative by the community's reaction and feedback from the last two updates and hopes to keep the momentum going. I say yes, keep it up Torb and the guys at PG, because you guys have been doing an excellent job so far! Please keep it like this onward. 👍

Also also, todays stream was so much fun! Everybody was filled with so much energy that it made me smile. I want more of that too! :D

Last edited:
@Apple Slipper
Plus the Trial is online based too. No thanks indeed. Rather keep earning 20pts to unlock the brand new cars thank you very much.

Edit: Also Torb's message was the most heartfelt I've seen. He generally seems very appreciative by the community's reaction and feedback from the last two updates and hopes to keep the momentum going. I say yes, keep it up Torb and the guys at PG, because you guys have been doing an excellent job so far! Please keep it like this onward. 👍

Also also, todays stream was so much fun! Everybody was filled with so much energy that it made me smile. I want more of that too! :D
Yeah I loved that bit of the stream, I didn't get to catch much of it but I managed to catch that part and it really seems like they're trying to take feedback now. Honestly loving it, back during the "Ford"zathon series I never thought we'd be getting updates this juicy!

Yeah I loved that bit of the stream, I didn't get to catch much of it but I managed to catch that part and it really seems like they're trying to take feedback now. Honestly loving it, back during the "Ford"zathon series I never thought we'd be getting updates this juicy!
Same here! I was really getting worried that FH5 was about to fall down that pit it couldn't climb out of, but thankfully, it managed to climb back up thanks to THIS Playground Games and not the one back in 2021. It's also why I'd rarely logged in unless I had something interesting to say, cause the negativity was REALLY getting me (hence my cranky mood a couple months back). Lol.

But alas, the storm has finally settled, and the sun is back to shining over us in Forza Land again. With this momentum that is hopefully kept throughout FH5's life, the grass will regrow back to its original state of being green again, if not already grown after the last two updates. 😀

Last edited:
The one thing that gave me a chuckle was his summary of the update as "Truck Month - Sponsored by Cupra"
I just can't be bothered to watch his stuff. He's got an annoying voice and he's always over the top with his reactions. He makes Slaptrain sound like someone with a PhD in public relations. And he can't race worth a ****.

With that said, the highlights of this update for me have to be the F150 and K10. I wish we got more pedestrian vehicles in the future.

Solid update. As for playlist debate - its best part is evantlab. Trial is ok, but everything else is soo repetitive and boring...

Hard to think we've gone from updates like Extreme E and "Fordzathon" to updates like this - that have a cohesive theme, heaps of New-to-forza cars, new features and visual upgrades all in the same month.

I think the key point is that they've finished working on the expansions, so have more free resources to start putting in these sorts of improvements while FH6 is presumably at an early enough stage to not need all hands on deck yet. If anything, respect to them for managing to keep the seasonals going while they created the expansions in parallel, as this shows how much work it really was.

One thing I noticed in this update.
That is that all Cupra models, including the two being added this time, will be available at the auto show.
Could it be that Cupra's licensing department is including the addition of their cars to the auto show as a condition of their contract in order to promote their cars more aggressively?

I would also guess that this is the case - the brand is building a performance car image, and requesting their fastest vehicles to be added to one of the most popular racers and gifted to all players is a good way to increase awareness. It wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened, and there are at least a few manufacturers who are eager to be included in games. For example, Pagani made sure their Zonda R flagship was in absolutely everything for many years, and even had Project CARS Pagani Edition made so that fans could drive their cars at no cost.

So regarding Forza car lists, here's something I'm not entirely sure I shared here before.

Forza To-Do List

I started that spreadsheet 10 years ago, as a way to keep track of the most requested cars back in good old-late Forzacentral, and after a while, I also started listing what we already got, so by the time I was done, every single car seen in the Forza franchise was added and noted as present in the series, while others waited their turn.

Since I'm afraid my Forza days are long gone now (I don't even own Forza Horizon 5...can't believe it myself) the one thing I have been doing is keep the list alive, so it's updated all the way to the latest content seen this week, hopefully it's worth a visit.

I don't mind the Trial events either, but the AI cars are insane. They move and swerve erratically, as if purposefully trying to ram players. I can't tell if they're designed to do that or there's always some crazy desync happening
Yeah i have to agree with this one. The AI purposely try ram you every single time.

The AI in Trials is so realistic, they are an accurate representation of the average online player and are designed to teach you to not trust ANYONE on the road, least of all yourself. :D
[/joking]

Something of absolutely no value, I bet.
After reading 'AR12 said' its pretty much just white noise at that point.
I liked that Torben called out the community and thanked them for liking the last 2 updates, you can tell the feedback means a lot to him.
Especially after all of the crap they probably would've had to read through on past updates, would've made a nice change a pace for him and the team.

Last edited:
You can’t help but notice how happy Torben and the crew are in the update stream. They sounded so bummed out when Mike was around.

Last edited:
I just can't be bothered to watch his stuff. He's got an annoying voice and he's always over the top with his reactions. He makes Slaptrain sound like someone with a PhD in public relations. And he can't race worth a ****.

With that said, the highlights of this update for me have to be the F150 and K10. I wish we got more pedestrian vehicles in the future.
His overuse of air quotes are also a bit annoying too. Most of the time they don't make sense.

I enjoy Ericship and JakeXVX more.

His overuse of air quotes are also a bit annoying too. Most of the time they don't make sense.

I enjoy Ericship and JakeXVX more.
HokiHoshi seems pretty sane to me.

I attempted listening to Nick's video but had to reach for the back button within approximately 1.23 seconds of hearing his voice. Sorry guys, I tried.

Last edited:
It's a shame all the hedgehogs died out in the Americas as they would've been ideal googly eyed squashable smashable trophies.

Last edited:

I attempted listening to Nick's video but had to reach for the back button within approximately 1.23 seconds of hearing his voice. Sorry guys, I tried.
Hoki's my favourite Forza YouTuber, he has a very clear and calm way of delivering information, no hype needed.

I often prefer his videos to the official streams because it's the same info in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:

SidWaj is worse. He over-exaggerates.

Hoki Hoshi and Jake for me. AR12 is harmless enough but he sounds like a kid who has ate nothing but Skittles for a week....hyper as ****. EricShip I use to watch but I went off him when he did nothing but moan about the game constantly and refused to acknowledge any plus points.

Edit: I forgot about Dubs. I enjoy his videos, I like his sense of humour. He also did some great FH4 videos on how to boost your speed/score or distance on the PR Stunts.

Last edited:

FH5 Release Notes: May 23th, 2023​

Fw0-ywsXwBESU9n

Series 21 Release Notes – Explore the Horizon

New Features (Available from May 23rd)

• Photo Mode Update featuring
  • Time of day change
  • Weather change 
  • Wheel Tilt 
  • Guidelines and Portrait Mode
    • Character outside the vehicle
    • Character Emotes
    • Photo Presets
  • 16 Bodykits for Overlanding modifications for
    • 1972 Chevrolet K-10 Custom
    • 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    • 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
    • 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
    • 2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6x6
    • 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
    • 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
    • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
    • 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
    • 2018 Mercedes-Benz Class X
    • 2019 DeBerti Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat "Transformer"
    • 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
    • 2019 Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6
    • 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    • 2020 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
    • 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup
  • Tags marking new Bodykits and Rims introduced for every update
  • Motor and Battery Swap feature for 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup and 2022 CUPRA Tavascan
  • EventLab "Photo" prop pack
  • EventLab "Oval Track" prop pack
  • 17 Pathfinder Accolades
  • 17 Photo Mode Accolades
  • 1 Series Accolade "Explore The Horizon Collector"
  • 1 Pathfinder Player Badge
  • 3 Car Horns
  • 1 CUPRA Racing Suit 
"Explore The Horizon" Series Features (Available from May 25th until June 22nd)

• Pathfinder Challenges
  • 4 Returning Danger Signs
  • Ranas Saltarinas
  • San Juan Jump
    • Salto De Rio
    • Metal Bird
  • 4 Returning Trailblazers
    • River Rapids
    • Cruse De Granja
    • Festival Descend
    • Jungle Traversal
  • Animal Cut-out collectibles
  • "Flood, Sweat, and Gears" Showcase Remix: "Splash of the Titans" 
Unlockable Cars 

• 6 New To Forza
    • 2022 CUPRA Formentor
    • 2022 CUPRA Tavascan
Bug fixes

General

• Fixed an issue where Launch Control settings did not save after restarting the game
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes wheels would reset their position to default in Photo Mode
  • (PC) Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor was disappearing after a certain amount of time
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the controller's vibration could stop after players were disconnected from an online session
  • Improvements made to boot-up time on all platforms
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue where the 2021 Lamborghini Huracàn STO was missing sidemarks when installing the race splitter
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno where the front wheel rims were displaying an incorrect color
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno where the engine frame was incorrectly displayed when opening the front hood
  • Fixed an issue with the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog where taller tires options were not available
EventLab

• Improvements made for some EventLab blueprints which could cause client crashes while editing saved projects
Multiplayer

• Fixed an issue with weather management in Multiplayer races where weather conditions in certain conditions were not consistent between players
  • Developer's Note:
"One of the most important things for any competitive experience is fairness. Forza Horizon has an exceptionally high skill ceiling, which means that player skill and interaction with the game is what ultimately determines success or failure, not an RNG attribute system. For this to work, competitive conditions must be as equal as possible while still allowing for tactical decisions (like your car and tune) and leaving space for player skill (like how well you handle a given corner).

Working together with members of the Competitive Community, we recently identified several issues with online multiplayer that were creating uneven competitive conditions.

These proved to be related to how the game handled the weather simulation in certain online contexts. This led to situations where certain players would have warmer conditions at the start of the race (which impacted tire temperature at the all-important moment of race start). We've resolved this by changing the point at which the physics simulation resets tire temperature, and harmonizing what temperature it resets to.

We were also able to identify situations where players engaging in long race events could experience weather desynchronization. The Competitive Community was "working around" this by only racing at specific times and in specific weather conditions where this was unlikely to occur. With support from the competitive community, we identified an issue where every player’s game would start to run its own version of the weather simulation. Since our weather model has a deterministic phase and a non-deterministic phase this could result in longer races seeing situations where one player had clear weather while another player in the same race was driving in pouring rain. This was because once the deterministic phase was complete, local games would start to randomize their weather in some conditions. We resolved this issue by clamping the weather simulation when the deterministic phase completes, ensuring that everyone will have consistent weather across the entire race.

All of these issues resulted in situations where cool experiences (like racing at night, or endurance races in heavy weather) were not fair experiences from a competitive standpoint. We've addressed these issues with the fixes I explained above, giving competitive players the consistent conditions they need to take advantage of everything Forza Horizon 5 has to offer.

Thank you to everyone in the various communities who spoke with me about this, and provided all the excellent data we used to track down what was actually going on. See you in Mexico!

- Torben Ellert, Design Director, Forza Horizon."

• Fixed an issue where Playground Games Team Flag Rush match score could revert to 0 upon a player disconnecting from the session
  • Fixed an issue in Playground Games where the scoreboard in Survival Mode could disappear instead of being minimized
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes players could not be grouped with the rest of the convoy after finishing an Horizon Tour event
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes incorrectly prioritize staying with the current Online Session over joining players' convoys in a different Horizon Life Session
12.9GB on Win Store

Last edited:

FH5 Release Notes: May 23th, 2023​

Fw0-ywsXwBESU9n

Series 21 Release Notes – Explore the Horizon

New Features (Available from May 23rd)

• Photo Mode Update featuring
  • Time of day change
  • Weather change 
  • Wheel Tilt 
  • Guidelines and Portrait Mode
    • Character outside the vehicle
    • Character Emotes
    • Photo Presets
  • 16 Bodykits for Overlanding modifications for
    • 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
    • 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
    • 2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6x6
    • 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
    • 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
    • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
    • 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
    • 2018 Mercedes-Benz Class X
    • 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
    • 2019 Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6
    • 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    • 2020 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
  • Tags marking new Bodykits and Rims introduced for every update
  • Motor and Battery Swap feature for 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup and 2022 CUPRA Tavascan
  • EventLab "Photo" prop pack
  • EventLab "Oval Track" prop pack
  • 17 Pathfinder Accolades
  • 17 Photo Mode Accolades
  • 1 Series Accolade "Explore The Horizon Collector"
  • 1 Pathfinder Player Badge
  • 3 Car Horns
  • 1 CUPRA Racing Suit 
"Explore The Horizon" Series Features (Available from May 25th until June 22nd)

• Pathfinder Challenges
  • 4 Returning Danger Signs
  • Ranas Saltarinas
  • San Juan Jump
    • Salto De Rio
    • Metal Bird
  • 4 Returning Trailblazers
    • River Rapids
    • Cruse De Granja
    • Festival Descend
    • Jungle Traversal
  • Animal Cut-out collectibles
  • "Flood, Sweat, and Gears" Showcase Remix: "Splash of the Titans" 
Unlockable Cars 

• 6 New To Forza
    • 2022 CUPRA Formentor
    • 2022 CUPRA Tavascan
Bug fixes

General

• Fixed an issue where Launch Control settings did not save after restarting the game
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes wheels would reset their position to default in Photo Mode
  • (PC) Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor was disappearing after a certain amount of time
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the controller's vibration could stop after players were disconnected from an online session
  • Improvements made to boot-up time on all platforms
  • General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue where the 2021 Lamborghini Huracàn STO was missing sidemarks when installing the race splitter
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno where the front wheel rims were displaying an incorrect color
  • Fixed an issue with the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno where the engine frame was incorrectly displayed when opening the front hood
  • Fixed an issue with the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog where taller tires options were not available
EventLab

• Improvements made for some EventLab blueprints which could cause client crashes while editing saved projects
Multiplayer

• Fixed an issue with weather management in Multiplayer races where weather conditions in certain conditions were not consistent between players
  • Developer's Note:
"One of the most important things for any competitive experience is fairness. Forza Horizon has an exceptionally high skill ceiling, which means that player skill and interaction with the game is what ultimately determines success or failure, not an RNG attribute system. For this to work, competitive conditions must be as equal as possible while still allowing for tactical decisions (like your car and tune) and leaving space for player skill (like how well you handle a given corner).

Working together with members of the Competitive Community, we recently identified several issues with online multiplayer that were creating uneven competitive conditions.

These proved to be related to how the game handled the weather simulation in certain online contexts. This led to situations where certain players would have warmer conditions at the start of the race (which impacted tire temperature at the all-important moment of race start). We've resolved this by changing the point at which the physics simulation resets tire temperature, and harmonizing what temperature it resets to.

We were also able to identify situations where players engaging in long race events could experience weather desynchronization. The Competitive Community was "working around" this by only racing at specific times and in specific weather conditions where this was unlikely to occur. With support from the competitive community, we identified an issue where every player’s game would start to run its own version of the weather simulation. Since our weather model has a deterministic phase and a non-deterministic phase this could result in longer races seeing situations where one player had clear weather while another player in the same race was driving in pouring rain. This was because once the deterministic phase was complete, local games would start to randomize their weather in some conditions. We resolved this issue by clamping the weather simulation when the deterministic phase completes, ensuring that everyone will have consistent weather across the entire race.

All of these issues resulted in situations where cool experiences (like racing at night, or endurance races in heavy weather) were not fair experiences from a competitive standpoint. We've addressed these issues with the fixes I explained above, giving competitive players the consistent conditions they need to take advantage of everything Forza Horizon 5 has to offer.

Thank you to everyone in the various communities who spoke with me about this, and provided all the excellent data we used to track down what was actually going on. See you in Mexico!

• Fixed an issue where Playground Games Team Flag Rush match score could revert to 0 upon a player disconnecting from the session
  • Fixed an issue in Playground Games where the scoreboard in Survival Mode could disappear instead of being minimized
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes players could not be grouped with the rest of the convoy after finishing an Horizon Tour event
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes incorrectly prioritize staying with the current Online Session over joining players' convoys in a different Horizon Life Session
12.9GB on Win Store
I couldn't be more happier to see this line right here. I'm happy for him. Congrats Torben! :cheers:

Back