Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,890 comments
I was hoping for something different and better for this update with the stadium drift arena, but I guess with the update focusing on the Lunar New Year this makes sense.

While I am definitely disappointed that we are getting a bunch of Chinese NPC cars, I will try to keep an open mind going into it and hope that something will surprise me.

And I'll hold out hope for a good car pack, that's not some sponsored trash cash-grab but something worthwhile, like maybe the long overdue 992 GT3 RS and others.

Honestly, headlining this update with a crossover car is a huge dealbreaker for me. Like, if they'd used the BYD for this teaser, something that celebrates the Year of the Dragon with something truly fierce, then I might've been interested.

Instead this just makes the update feel... more like playing catch-up with a seeming lack of Chinese cars in the last year's updates. Not impressed so far.

Fair point, it's just that I'll need a lot of convincing to get me to reinstall FH5 and this ain't it.
I see why you feel like that but remember the game is over 2 years old and is still pumping out content monthly, may I ask what racing games you are currently playing since you aren't playing FH5?

I'm just prepping for the season change article this week and although I knew it was coming I'm still mindblown by it.

Four EventLabs, five Challenges (including TWO online and two Treasure Hunts), two PR Stunts and one Seasonal Championship... Like, an extra EventLab and a Treasure Hunt last week, and moving SPG up to this week with another Stunt would have made much more sense - and stopped the 280SL being unattainable in the base, offline game.

The distribution this series has been...

Hannibal Buress Whack GIF

I'm just prepping for the season change article this week and although I knew it was coming I'm still mindblown by it.

Four EventLabs, five Challenges (including TWO online and two Treasure Hunts), two PR Stunts and one Seasonal Championship... Like, an extra EventLab and a Treasure Hunt last week, and moving SPG up to this week with another Stunt would have made much more sense - and stopped the 280SL being unattainable in the base, offline game.

The distribution this series has been...

Hannibal Buress Whack GIF
Extra coffee and a late night tonight then bud. I always enjoy reading your season change articles as a way of easing myself into each week in game.

Suddenly started getting an error message today when I try to save after painting a car, adding a vinyl to a car, or receiving a gifted car. When the game saves immediately after doing any of this, an error message pops up after a few seconds:

"The file failed to save. Please try your save again. (25)"

I can't paint cars now. I can't add vinyls to cars now. It looks like I can receive gifted cars, but my main focus in this game for the past year has been making liveries. If I don't have that, well...what's the point now? Do my weekly chores for a couple of cars I'm honestly not particularly interested in and will almost certainly never use more than once or twice if at all?

---

I'm playing the steam version on PC. I verified file integrity and restarted my pc, but that didn't have any effect at all. Have any of you run into this?
I figured out what happened. Sort of.

Forza's support ticket system was pretty useless; they sent me a few troubleshooting links to go through, but nothing in any of them addressed my issue, or really had anything to do with it. They suggested (mildly) that network issues tend to cause save issues sometimes, then sent me troubleshooting links for game crashes with BSOD style error messages/codes and failure to load saves. I replied with more information on my issue and what it was not, and they marked the ticket solved headdesk

But anyway, I couldn't do any sort of modification to any car, whether appearance or upgrade, and it gave me that weirdly generic error message whenever I tried to save after changing something. So, what happened?

I was trying different things in the game, seeing if any of it would have any effect, when I stumbled across a fix. The problem went away when I deleted a few liveries to see if it would have any effect.

Suddenly I can create new liveries again. I can create new vinyls and apply them. I can upgrade cars again. It doesn't make sense, but I went from "failed to save" to everything working perfectly in the same game session, immediately after deleting a couple liveries. Sounds like some sort of database issue, maybe? I don't know, but it worked.

Just to clarify, the error message I was getting was distinctly different from the "too many saves" error you get when you max out the liveries, vinyls, tunes, or whatever else.

Last edited:
Seems like the Spanish Forza Horizon X account accidentally posted the wrong playlist, confirming the Hyundai Kona and Ioniq 6 as new reward cars.

View attachment 1322175
View attachment 1322176
Nice cars, again two that have not been in any racing game before. These are the kind of everyday cars that made the early Gran Turismo great, and now the FH5 car list even more rounded. The Kona seems like the N-Version, maybe there will also be the i30 (which has been highly requested)

With the Kona N and i30 N appearing on the next update, there are possibilities of Prior Design and Maxton Design bodykit appearing in game for those cars. Since the text strings for Prior Design and Maxton Design is in the files of FH5 and the logos can also be found in FM files.

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
Genuinely so happy to see the i30 N at long last. The Ioniq 6, MG7 and 02 are nice additions to the growing collection of more standard road cars in FH5, which I personally quite like to see. The Kona N is also a pleasent surprise. I can see this update getting bscklash for "Boring cars" but I think its great tbh

This is a break from the plethora of hyper cars, tracks toys and exotics we have received for free and in a few car packs over the past 6 months or so. The i30N is the perfect hot hatch competitor to the ford fiesta and focus ST. The Kona N seems cool too just wish the Kia Stinger comes back.

Last edited:
EDIT: Whole playlist has leaked.

2xo6oneimhec1.png

xryid4wimhec1.png

ke7frnajmhec1.png
jduvte7kmhec1.png

So we have - S30 Playlist:

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 6
2022 Hyundai Kona N
2022 Hyundai I30 N
2022 Lynk & Co 02 HB
2022 MG MG7

Chinese New Year Car Pack:
2022 Lynk & Co 05+ Crossover
2023 MG Cyberster
TBD?
TBD?
HECK YEAH!! Finally more road Hyundai vehicles in Forza! I've been waiting for the i30 N to come to Forza for years! :D

Hey guys and gals! Just saw that leaked list of cars above and wanted to comment that I am ecstatic(!) about the new cars coming to FH5! Honestly, I love having everyday cars be included. Sure it ain't your famous hypercars and other well known vehicles the norm chirps about on a daily basis. But for me, I very much prefer these kinds of cars over those anyday as we have enough of them IMO.

Back