Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,908 comments
Here's something to think about maybe. With the addition of a few Chinese manufacturers in FH5 that we didn't have before and more to come from the look of things, are we all off to China in FH6?

It's a huge country that contains every environment needed for a FH game.

Here's something to think about maybe. With the addition of a few Chinese manufacturers in FH5 that we didn't have before and more to come from the look of things, are we all off to China in FH6?

You know if it's anywhere but Japan a certain subset of the fan "community" will complain.

And even if somehow it is Japan, they'll complain anyway because it doesn't live up to their expectations of players being able to drift and touge down the side of Mount Fuji in a heavily customised car with their favourite anime waifu character painted on the side before yeeting off the cliff and landing smack in the middle of Shinjuku on a rainy night with neon lights everywhere, only for the driver to leap out and start doing dab emotes Fortnite-style.

And even if they do all that, they'll still complain because you don't spend the first half of the game building your starter kei car econobox which is the size of a roller skate into a tricked out tank with stanced tyre treads, the performance of a hypercar and a working gun turret with which to grief other players as they drive around the track in reverse.

Last edited:
are we all off to China in FH6?
No. Switzerland, Austria and Germany are far better locations to base FH6 off of. The Alps and the passion of the Autobahn.

You may ask yourself this, warum? Because these environments have a lot of personality to go with. Plus with the Alps being snow, this would make good use for the snow tires, which was severely underutilized in FH5 due to its Eliminator-based map. Luckily, battle royale games have been played out so PGG would rather design a map for a variety of uses, not just a flat land with nothing in it.

Seasons would play a much better part for a temperate environment compared to a dusty environment.

I chose these three countries in Central Europe because I see a lot of potential for those areas ripe for a FH Festival location. Southern Germany would be solely dedicated to speed, rally and offroading, while the Switzerland and Austria areas would be more suited to drifting, togue-style races and the like because of their winding roads. I want something like the Furkapass in a future FH title. Here's why, courtesy of a Google Maps layout:
1705815641550.png

Hell ETS2 is currently working on a total rework of Switzerland, and they're also including the A9 road and the Furkapass. Which itself is a huge challenge for truckers.

Last edited:
No. Switzerland, Austria and Germany are far better locations to base FH6 off of. The Alps and the passion of the Autobahn.

You may ask yourself this, warum? Because these environments have a lot of personality to go with. Plus with the Alps being snow, this would make good use for the snow tires, which was severely underutilized in FH5 due to its Eliminator-based map. Luckily, battle royale games have been played out so PGG would rather design a map for a variety of uses, not just a flat land with nothing in it.

Seasons would play a much better part for a temperate environment compared to a dusty environment.

I chose these three countries in Central Europe because I see a lot of potential for those areas ripe for a FH Festival location. Southern Germany would be solely dedicated to speed, rally and offroading, while the Switzerland and Austria areas would be more suited to drifting, togue-style races and the like because of their winding roads. I want something like the Furkapass in a future FH title. Here's why, courtesy of a Google Maps layout:
View attachment 1321247

Hell ETS2 is currently working on a total rework of Switzerland, and they're also including the A9 road and the Furkapass. Which itself is a huge challenge for truckers.
I've seen plenty of furkas in the Weekly Trials in FH4 and FH5 who don't know how to pass cleanly...

I do think FH6 (which will probably just be called FH because its been " built from the horizon up" (trademark pending :lol: ) will be set in Asia though. I think they're going to be following a pattern now Europe Americas Asia then back to Europe.

I do think FH6 (which will probably just be called FH because its been " built from the horizon up" (trademark pending :lol: ) will be set in Asia though. I think they're going to be following a pattern now Europe Americas Asia then back to Europe.
  • FH1: Colorado, USA (Americas)
  • FH2: France, Italy (Europe)
  • FH3: Australia (Oceania)
  • FH4: United Kingdom (Europe)
  • FH5: Mexico (Americas)

I still think that Africa gets unfairly skipped over in these ideas - somewhere like Nigeria or Kenya has a huge range of terrain to explore, although it's probably more likely that they'd compress the scale even more and have a map that includes both the Sahara and Kilimanjaro somehow. Failing that, India also has a ton of diversity and its own very unique car culture - the Hindustan Ambassador alone makes the Vocho look like a footnote.

FH7 will be set in Antarctica and you'll be able to gain achievements for doing a ten mile drift while punting penguins into the Ross Ice Shelf. Prove me wrong 🐧
It won't be an Achievement. It'll be...

... Adelie challenge.

FH7 will be set in Antarctica and you'll be able to gain achievements for doing a ten mile drift while punting penguins into the Ross Ice Shelf. Prove me wrong 🐧
You are not thinking big enough. It'll be on the moon and achievements will be about jumping tens of miles.
The hill climbs to Olympus Mons will be fun though...

Central Europe, Quebec, British Columbia, South Africa, anywhere in China, my favourite Spain... And I'm not saying that because it's where I live.

Spain is not only the beach of Europe and has more interesting places than Barcelona. And for those who are doubting, yes, it snows too.

Spain is a mini continent in itself, with the south having an Arab feel, the north with its cliffs, fishing villages and green landscapes more similar to the UK or Ireland than southern Europe, the east and its Mediterranean coast, several mountain ranges across the country such as the Pyrenees, Sierra Nevada or Peaks of Europe.
Deserts for off-road: Tabernas, Monegros and Bardenas Reales.
For the Horizon festival host city: Toledo, Segovia or Granada they would be a good choice.

When it comes to cars, there is life beyond SEAT/Cupra. Hispano-Suiza and Pegaso have authentic wonders, also forgotten crazy thing called Tramontana.

But really I don't care where it is as long it recovers the spirit of the original Horizon.

FH in its current state is still a great game, there's no doubt about that, but currently it bears little resemblance to what was seen in the first Horizon.
The festival vibe in Colorado and the feeling of progress, currently that has been lost.

Last edited:
I still think that Africa gets unfairly skipped over in these ideas - somewhere like Nigeria or Kenya has a huge range of terrain to explore, although it's probably more likely that they'd compress the scale even more and have a map that includes both the Sahara and Kilimanjaro somehow. Failing that, India also has a ton of diversity and its own very unique car culture - the Hindustan Ambassador alone makes the Vocho look like a footnote.
Speaking of Africa, Egypt would be a great setting too or even South Africa but im not sure if they have much car culture in Africa besides maybe Egypt or Morocco perhaps?

Last edited:
Speaking of Africa, Egypt would be a great setting too or even South Africa but im not sure if they have much car culture in Africa besides maybe Egypt or Morocco perhaps?
South Africa has plenty of car culture - in fact, it is continent-leading in automotive manufacture. So no need to worry about that.

Personally, as long as the map's interesting, diverse and fun to drive I don't really care where FH is set.
That being said, given that FH is probably set to further embody a live service model and the amount of places with adequate biome diversity for a map will inevitably shrink in number, I would like the developers to eventually do numerous smaller open world maps a'la BeamNG.drive or older open world games like Midtown Madness as opposed to one big map - have a desert map (which could double as a speed run and perhaps even Eliminator map), a mountain map full of twisties, perhaps even with a small village (complete with seasons), etc.
While yes it wouldn't be as technologically "groundbreaking" or marketable as the current big map method, and I acknowledge that it'd be far more time and resource intensive (atleast initially), I think such an approach could benefit a future FH game in the long run. Also, smaller map = less time spent on geography = more time spent on road design and details = more fun for players overall (in theory).
...but that is just me having ideas. I fully expect FH6 to follow the status quo in that regard, which I wont mind either.
But really I don't care where it is as long it recovers the spirit of the original Horizon.

FH in its current state is still a great game, there's no doubt about that, but currently it bears little resemblance to what was seen in the first Horizon.
The festival vibe in Colorado and the feeling of progress, currently that has been lost.
The Horizon festival is something I'd argue is a relic from the era the original was released in - the late 2000s-early 2010s era of drugs and partying and dubstep music - that has since then just been dragged along as a convenient excuse for legal street racing. Given that Youtube and copyright is a thing and obviously music censorship are/has been all kinds of weird, I do sometimes wonder whether the music festival as an idea has run its course and could use either a replacement or a reimagining (eg so the festival becomes less Coachella and more Goodwood). And who knows? Maybe it is time for PG to try something new in that regard. Or they could do a renaissance of sorts and do things FH3 style with many different stations, which would be cool too.

I think the festival in FH1 was their attempt to bring in some NFS vibes for the first release. Then they realised FH could be it's own genre and didn't need to follow NFS.

Personally I find the lack of complex story and the "go anywhere, race anything you like in any race you like" aspect of the game is perfect.

festival as an idea has run its course and could use either a replacement or a reimagining (eg so the festival becomes less Coachella and more Goodwood). And who knows? Maybe it is time for PG to try something new in that regard. Or they could do a renaissance of sorts and do things FH3 style with many different stations, which would be cool too.
Music and cars go very well together. However, they can easily give the focus to cars (the festival is pretty much a background piece right). What i think would be cool, is to have popular car reviewers a chance to gush about their favourite car. Like Clarkson and the 928, or Thomas (from Throttle House) and his alfa spider, Chris harris and his love for 911s etc. The main "story" can just be people essentially giving an autovista style speech about cars with maybe some challenges.

It has good potential, but ofc the logistics/licensing/expenses all might be too difficult to manage.

It can still have the wristband system as the main progression (with bosses for each class and race type), but rely on horizon stories to give a personality.
Also the music doesn't all need to be modern, and can be a broader mix of music from all eras.

If the map is big enough, an FH2 style Road Trip can make sense.

@egl92 you make a fantastic argument for Spain bud. It would indeed make a fantastic future destination for FH.

Even though I raised the subject again by speculating that China could be a possible setting for FH6, I would still like it to be in South Africa as I've said before.

South Africa has a fantastic coastline, cities and townships for tarmac, endless savannah and bush for off road as well as mountains. Table Top mountain could be the destination the map is built around. Weather wise all 4 seasons are there as well.

Having said all this, us going to China wouldn't surprise me at all. As I said we're getting the cars come through now and Microsoft (MS) would love to make a dent into the consumer market there. What better way to do it than put China as the FH6 locale and tell the gamers in China to come buy a Xbox and you can drive around China in cars you see everyday on your own roads. If the game has Chinese cars in it then the Communist Government might even look favourably on it as well from an economic point of view.

It all just fits into place for me for us to be in China next. It works as a biome, car manufacturing locale, it's in Asia and as an economic opportunity for MS.

It all just fits into place for me for us to be in China next. It works as a biome, car manufacturing locale, it's in Asia and as an economic opportunity for MS.
There's little chance of the DEI ethos being allowed to continue though if they want Chinese cooperation in making it...

FH5: Hongguang S 2020 - SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile ( Eletric car - EV) - News 2022
- at that time something must have gone wrong and Wuling Sunshine 2013 came in the game

Attachments

• SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile - 2022.png
    SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile - 2022.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Talking about kei cars, on the files of FH5 there are mention (text strings) of few car brands that make kei cars. It was added to the files sometime after the game release. No mention of Suzuki though.
Nissan, Honda and Toyota also makes
I wanted to see Kei Cars more in motorsport and horizon, so much that i constantly make campaings for people go vote for them in Forums for FH5 and FM

in fact here is a list of some

Last edited:

It would be lame but I could see MS doing it to push the struggling Xbox in China.

They barely touched on any Mexican culture stuff besides the VW bug and holiday ornaments. Can’t imagine how cringe China would be.

Back