Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
xlibris.public.prod.oc.png

gw-salon-1.png

bestsellingcarsblog.png

20210302145925377.jpg

I don't know what kind of cars are popular in China.
So, this is not a prediction but a wish, but I think it would be fun to add quirky and unique cars instead of standard EV saloons and SUVs that look like models from other European, American or Asian brands.

Since they already have the Wuling license, hopefully we can get the convertible version of the best selling EV in China of 2021. Total sales have since passed a million units, and counting.

Here's the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV Convertible, available in three engines, from 15kW to 30kW.

View attachment 1319756
This car would definitely be a great starter car for Eliminator.

I'm quietly intrigued by the Cyberster, mainly because it is ungodly heavy for what it is and I'd like to see how that translates on the road, even if it is virtually.

Since MG is the current topic, I went to my local motor museum a few days ago, and I spotted this: MG XPower SV-R! So happy I got to see it after driving it in FH5.

View attachment 1319699
View attachment 1319700
I love these things, but my eyes are always immediately drawn to the Punto headlights. I can't not see them; same goes for Koenigseggs with their RX-7 reverse lights.

Since they already have the Wuling license, hopefully we can get the convertible version of the best selling EV in China of 2021. Total sales have since passed a million units, and counting.

Here's the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV Convertible, available in three engines, from 15kW to 30kW.

View attachment 1319756
Oh I really want these little beauties in the game.

The rumours sound great. I wonder if a future Chinese New Year DLC car pack would be free or paid?

(not that it matters to me, I'd buy it because I'm committed to 100% garage completion anyway)

Other than the MG Cyberster and MG MG7, other ideal vehicles with Chinese connections, at least, to my knowledge would include:

hongqi-s9-hypercar-is-all-about-luxury-performance-and-eco-friendliness-159708_1.jpg

2021 Hongqi S9

iconadesigngroup-vulcano-titanium-covernew.jpg

2016 Icona Vulcano Titanium
(Icona is an Italian brand, but with Chinese connections.)

polestar1testdrive-day1-23.jpg

2020 Polestar 1
(Like Volvo, Polestar is Swedish, but has a heavy Chinese influence to its corporate background.)

Other than the MG Cyberster and MG MG7, other ideal vehicles with Chinese connections, at least, to my knowledge would include:

View attachment 1319780
2021 Hongqi S9

View attachment 1319781
2016 Icona Vulcano Titanium
(Icona is an Italian brand, but with Chinese connections.)

View attachment 1319782
2020 Polestar 1
(Like Volvo, Polestar is Swedish, but has a heavy Chinese influence to its corporate background.)
I would like to see Polestar in game to be honest. Be a nice addition.

My god those look adorable! Having these in the game alone would be cool, but imagine if they also got some solid upgrades - Mission R swap turning the car into the world's quietest bullet anyone (which may or may not casually ricochet off walls)? :sly:

I would like to see Polestar in game to be honest. Be a nice addition.

The Polestar 1 has been sitting in their backlog since 2018 or so, along with the well-known stuff like the Mustang Cobra. Turn10 and PG have recently finished and released a couple of cars from that area of the list (the Corvette TA and the Belvedere), so it's not impossible that it could show up one day.

I think the biggest question would be whether Geely are still interested in promoting the 1, or whether they'd prefer something currently on sale like the 2 BST. There are a decent few unfinished / unreleased Volvos though, it'd make an interesting pack but the lack of 2020s supercars would make it a hard sell to the general audience.

Well the Fast X pack was also lacking modern supercars (except for the Demon which doesn't count for me). I wonder how well that did?

Last edited:
Could just be coincidence, but I see a lot more people driving about the FF Chargers, Impala or Datsun than pretty much any other DLC car at the moment. The FF pack is kind of an outlier compared to most as there's more widespread appeal.

Is a Photo Competition promotion that the prize ( rewards) is DELUXE VERSION for 3 players and CHINESE CAR PACK for 50 players

Chinese for Portuguese Translation

Attachments

• IMG-20240116-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20240116-WA0019.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20240116-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20240116-WA0018.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20240116-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20240116-WA0017.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 12
Since it is the year of the dragon, The 2000hp Drako Dragon electric SUV with the gullwing doors? lol

(I believe Polestar's logo was found in the files a couple months ago? I could see the Polestar One)

Attachments

• DSC03960.jpg
    DSC03960.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Put a V12 in it.
Might need to tweak the downforce to max on that Forza wing to stop it taking off on the racetrack at turn 1.
I've just been speaking to the game developers and I can exclusively announce that the 160 point car for the up coming Chinese New Year series will be a Golden Lotus, as pictured below......

View attachment 1319830

Sorry, I just couldn't resist 😂😂😂
🎵 Harmful elements in the air, symbols clashing everywhere... 🎶

Once you've raced one of those you want another one half an hour later.

Last edited:
I may be an outlier here but I really don't prefer the rate at which these DLC packs have come out, and it has me worried about the monetization that might happen in FH6 as a result of people eating them up so much. Really there should be an "Everything" package that gets you every DLC for FH6, whenever that game launches.

This isn't an issue of "I should've gotten things not included with Premium Edition for free!". I take issue with what this could mean for the future.

The game is over 2 years old. I see nothing wrong with playing up front for 2 expansions, car pack, VIP which lasts 18 months and then paying extra for car packs after that. You can't expect them to bundle all this work and licenses for new cars perpetually.

Heck, we aren't paying for the numerous seasonal playlist cars added, and those have included some major licenses and plenty of new to Forza cars.

The game is over 2 years old. I see nothing wrong with playing up front for 2 expansions, car pack, VIP which lasts 18 months and then paying extra for car packs after that. You can't expect them to bundle all this work and licenses for new cars perpetually.

Heck, we aren't paying for the numerous seasonal playlist cars added, and those have included some major licenses and plenty of new to Forza cars.
Exactly. So many people on here expecting every single car to come free way after the car pass ended thats just not logical. Every one of these car packs have been beyond reasonable, $5 here, $4 there, then $9. If you cant afford to cough up some chump change every few months then just dont buy it or even complain about it.

I may be an outlier here but I really don't prefer the rate at which these DLC packs have come out, and it has me worried about the monetization that might happen in FH6 as a result of people eating them up so much. Really there should be an "Everything" package that gets you every DLC for FH6, whenever that game launches.

This isn't an issue of "I should've gotten things not included with Premium Edition for free!". I take issue with what this could mean for the future.
I have to agree with @skazz and @RolexGTP bud I'm afraid.

The developers are constantly adding to the game through events and cars. This cost has to be met somehow. A couple of car packs here and there which don't cost much, and can even be bought for MS Reward Points if the scheme runs in your country. Reward Points is how I've got mine, so I've never paid cash.

I totally understand you're not moaning about not getting everything in the Premium Edition but I don't think this something to worry about. If this is the model going forward (and that's a big if), then in my book I think it's a fair one for what we get in return.

Dang, another car pack. PG are not messing about with the Car Packs. That's now 6 car packs in the last 8 Series.

1. Horizon Racing Car Pack: (Added in Series 22, Separate from the Car Pass)
  2. Italian Exotics Car Pack: (Added in Series 24, Separate from the Car Pass)
  3. Super Speed Car Pack: (Added in Series 26, Separate from the Car Pass)
  4. American Automotive Car Pack: (Added in Series 27, Separate from the Car Pass)
  5. Fast & Furious X Car Pack: (Added in Series 28, Separate from the Car Pass)
  6. Dragon Year/Lunar New Year Car Pack: (Added in Series 30, Separate from the Car Pass)
I wonder if there was potentially a Car Pass 2 planned but instead they decided to piece meal it out in the form of Car Packs.

Either way, this series probably looks to add 10+ cars.

4-6 cars in the Playlist
4-5 cars in the Car Pack
1-2 Autoshow cars maybe?

At this rate of 10 cars per update, we could be at over 850 cars in the game by June/July. And 900 by the end of the year, but I doubt they'll keep this up for much longer (we'll see though)

Also, someone on the Forza forums had a hypothetical Series 30 Car List - wouldn't be shocked to see the Car Pack full of cars like these;

2023 Aion Hyper SSR
2022 Avatar 11
2022 BYD Seal
2022 HiPhi Z
2023 Lotus Eletre
Lynk & Co The Next Day Concept
2022 NIO ET7
2019 Polestar 1
2021 Trumpchi Empow R
2020 Wuling Hongguang Mini EV
2022 XPeng G9
2023 Yangwang U8
2023 Yangwang U9
2023 Zeekr 001 FR
2023 Zeekr X

I have no idea what most of those cars are, but I guess someone must be excited to see these make it into the game?

Dang, another car pack. PG are not messing about with the Car Packs. That's now 6 car packs in the last 8 Series.

1. Horizon Racing Car Pack: (Added in Series 22, Separate from the Car Pass)
  2. Italian Exotics Car Pack: (Added in Series 24, Separate from the Car Pass)
  3. Super Speed Car Pack: (Added in Series 26, Separate from the Car Pass)
  4. American Automotive Car Pack: (Added in Series 27, Separate from the Car Pass)
  5. Fast & Furious X Car Pack: (Added in Series 28, Separate from the Car Pass)
  6. Dragon Year/Lunar New Year Car Pack: (Added in Series 30, Separate from the Car Pass)
I wonder if there was potentially a Car Pass 2 planned but instead they decided to piece meal it out in the form of Car Packs.

Either way, this series probably looks to add 10+ cars.

4-6 cars in the Playlist
4-5 cars in the Car Pack
1-2 Autoshow cars maybe?

At this rate of 10 cars per update, we could be at over 850 cars in the game by June/July. And 900 by the end of the year, but I doubt they'll keep this up for much longer (we'll see though)

Also, someone on the Forza forums had a hypothetical Series 30 Car List - wouldn't be shocked to see the Car Pack full of cars like these;

2023 Aion Hyper SSR
2022 Avatar 11
2022 BYD Seal
2022 HiPhi Z
2023 Lotus Eletre
Lynk & Co The Next Day Concept
2022 NIO ET7
2019 Polestar 1
2021 Trumpchi Empow R
2020 Wuling Hongguang Mini EV
2022 XPeng G9
2023 Yangwang U8
2023 Yangwang U9
2023 Zeekr 001 FR
2023 Zeekr X

I have no idea what most of those cars are, but I guess someone must be excited to see these make it into the game?
A car pass 2 would be much more "acceptable" for the majority of people who are complaining. ( i also feel the same, but i feel fine if they are separate themed car packs).

For the update, I think Polestar(s) are very likely, especially since textures were found in the game files. Alongside the XC90 R from FM7. The other two cars will be the MG7 and the Cyberster.

The car pack will probably be another 5 wacky cars. I wouldnt mind if they went the route of China specific cars from the Intl. brands either. Like newer Buicks or EV Cadillacs or some of the Kias.

Suddenly started getting an error message today when I try to save after painting a car, adding a vinyl to a car, or receiving a gifted car. When the game saves immediately after doing any of this, an error message pops up after a few seconds:

"The file failed to save. Please try your save again. (25)"

I can't paint cars now. I can't add vinyls to cars now. It looks like I can receive gifted cars, but my main focus in this game for the past year has been making liveries. If I don't have that, well...what's the point now? Do my weekly chores for a couple of cars I'm honestly not particularly interested in and will almost certainly never use more than once or twice if at all?

---

I'm playing the steam version on PC. I verified file integrity and restarted my pc, but that didn't have any effect at all. Have any of you run into this?

Anyone figured out how to make the Porsche 906 weekly Forzathon challenge "drive to La Gran Caldera" pop?

I tried driving up from the base of the volcano to the caldera on the tarmac road all the way to the ice lake but that didn't trigger it.

EDIT: For those having trouble getting it to pop, the solution is to quit and restart the game after driving up the volcano. Upon restart the challenge popped successfully, no need to redo it.

Last edited:
Just had the game crash and actually wipe festival playlist progress. And not like immediately after I did it, I'm talking at least 20 minutes to half an hour ago. I swear there's like a 75% chance of a crash any time you open the garage (On Series S btw)

Anyone figured out how to make the Porsche 906 weekly Forzathon challenge "drive to La Gran Caldera" pop?

I tried driving up from the base of the volcano to the caldera on the tarmac road all the way to the ice lake but that didn't trigger it.

EDIT: For those having trouble getting it to pop, the solution is to quit and restart the game after driving up the volcano. Upon restart the challenge popped successfully, no need to redo it.
So... the fun part here is it pops but doesn't show that it has and doesn't progress.

I did exactly what I said in the weekly article: I got the car, fast-travelled to the crater, drove it a few feet, and took a photo. Chapter 1 and 2 flashed as completed on the screen, but Chapter 3 didn't.

So I flicked back to the Playlist and the dot was still on Chapter 3, but it said "Chapter Completed" at the bottom.

Back