Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
A remastered car game sounds like a terrible idea when the car roster is such an important part.

If they try and relicense older cars from the original game, quite a few will fail which nostalgic fans hate. If they don't update the car roster for the current year they will struggle to get interest from a general audience.
Not on the topic of Forza, nor was it due to the game developers, but NFSHP:Remastered was a bit disappointing for this very reason.
Yes, they did a good job and continued to feature nearly every car from the original game, including the DLC.

However, the most unique car in the game, the Carbon Motors E7, never made it into the remastered version due to their bankruptcy and problems with the license to this car...

CarbonMotorsE7_924x519.png

Not on the topic of Forza, nor was it due to the game developers, but NFSHP:Remastered was a bit disappointing for this very reason.
Yes, they did a good job and continued to feature nearly every car from the original game, including the DLC.

However, the most unique car in the game, the Carbon Motors E7, never made it into the remastered version due to their bankruptcy and problems with the license to this car...

View attachment 1318307
The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss and the 722 versions also were removed from the game due to licensing issues. Also the Italian Polizia di Stato livery on the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 was also removed, as the Huracan and Urus are now used by the Polizia di Stato.

I can't seem them doing remasters to be honest. Mostly because of licencing, but marketing wise its hard to justify considering you can technically play the entire Horizon series so far on an Xbox One or a Series X (though three of them aren't available for purchase digitally) and have a fine enough experience. I will admit a 60FPS bump would breathe new life into them though; who knows, MS occasionally shadow drops random updates for things out of the blue (FPS Boost, fixing the old COD servers), so they may do something around the time the next one releases.

When I see these topics, I feel sorry for Local Motors, whose death was not even acknowledged or mourned by anyone...

Aside from that, these topics remind us of the high risk of emerging brands.
The same was true of the FM3 and FM4 exotic cars. They were more unique and very attractive than the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches we are tired of seeing.

But many of them no longer exist in this world, and no matter how eagerly the community requests them, they will never return to Forza or any other racing game ever again.

And now that hypercars are gaining popularity, many startups have entered the market, and people want them, we are in an era that holds even more of the same kind of risk than it did back then.

Like the exotic car packs of the past, today's Forza is full of hypercars and EVs from startup brands and brands that went bankrupt and have been revived under new management.
But some of these brands have yet to produce a single road car, and some of them are even just wasting their time. (I'm talking about you, TVR!)

How many of these brands' cars can continue to appear in FH6 and FM9?
I prefer the unique cars of "new" brands like them to Ferrari and Lambo.
But it is also true that adding cars from these brands whose future is unstable seems to me to be increasing the risk.

When I see these topics, I feel sorry for Local Motors, whose death was not even acknowledged or mourned by anyone...

Aside from that, these topics remind us of the high risk of emerging brands.
The same was true of the FM3 and FM4 exotic cars. They were more unique and very attractive than the Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches we are tired of seeing.

But many of them no longer exist in this world, and no matter how eagerly the community requests them, they will never return to Forza or any other racing game ever again.
Devon GTX, Spada Codatronca, Joss JT1, SSC Ultimate Aero and especially (for me, anyway) the Bertone Mantide are all sorely missed. I like when games used to have 'what the hell is that' additions to their line-ups; Gran Turismo obviously used to do this well with the likes of Gillet and Pagani when they were new, but Forza had a good line up of boutique supercar makers. PGR and TDU were good in that regard as well.

Devon GTX, Spada Codatronca, Joss JT1, SSC Ultimate Aero and especially (for me, anyway) the Bertone Mantide are all sorely missed. I like when games used to have 'what the hell is that' additions to their line-ups; Gran Turismo obviously used to do this well with the likes of Gillet and Pagani when they were new, but Forza had a good line up of boutique supercar makers. PGR and TDU were good in that regard as well.
Tbf FH5 still does have this type of feel.
Apollo IE
Ascari KZR1
ATS GT
Brabham BT62
Cupra UrbanRebel Concept
Czinger 21C
Elemental RP1
GMA T50
Hennessey 6x6, F5, Exorcist
Italdesign Zerouno, DaVinci
Lucid Air
Lynk & Co, 03+
NIO EP9
RAESR Tachyon
Rimac C2, Nevera
Rivian R1T, R1S
Schuppan 962CR
VUHL 05RR
W Motors Lykan HyperSport
Xpeng P7
Zeno TSR-S, ST1

Lamborghini is very prominent on that list. Just goes to show that their constant stream of new Lambos has been appreciated.

I wish they could license the McMerc SLR and the Gumpert Apollo, but both are mired in unfortunate history and unlikely. :(

FORZA HORIZON 5: Ranking car votes ( Forza Motorsport Fórum )

Forza Horizon Spanish - Official Twitter (X), started a campaign to vote for the 1994 Chevrolet Chevy and 1993 Opel/Vauxhall Corsa B
  • Chevrolet Chevy (Mexico) 1994-2012: from 2 to 435 votes, should pass 1000 votes this weekend
  • Vauxhall Corsa B 1993-2000: 363 votes

The campaign for Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City in Forza Motorsport reached 660 votes

Attachments

• 03- FORZA HORIZON ESPANHOL - CAMPANHA.png
    03- FORZA HORIZON ESPANHOL - CAMPANHA.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 04- FORZA HORIZON ESPANHOL1.png
    04- FORZA HORIZON ESPANHOL1.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It would be fun to see an old Corsa - EA WRC has a rally-spec Vauxhall Nova (Corsa A) so the B would complete the set with period NFS games having the C and several games having the later VXRs. Just a shame we don't have a pair of 4x4 and V6 Calibra / Cavalier to source engine swaps from. It'll never happen, but a mid-90s boy racer car pack would be hilarious - watch out for the R5 GT Turbo becoming the new meta.

Now, another cars has been revealed that will leave Forza in the future.
The Extreme E will stopped and will be replaced by the Extemre H, which will be a hydrogen engine only category.
And perhaps with this change, these cars will no longer be seen in FH6.

Do you sad this news? Or do you hate them and this is good news?

This is a bit of disappointing news for me.
Ironically, when the AI bullied me with them, I learned about the performance and fun of this cars.
aw man
i liked them because they drove like big hot hatches. Hope the FH keeps doing deals like theses (and gets some other rally cars too)

EVENTLAB and EVENTLAB ISLAND are not working on Series 29 ( Community Choice )
  • I’m playing on XBOX ONE and from series 29 aren’t working
  • I’ve cleared cache, turned it off and logged into the game and it doesn’t work
  • Anyone with the same problem ?
Problem:
  • There was an error retrieving the Eventlab event, please try again later
  • Eventlab Island: with padlock
  • The game already has the latest update, unfortunately

Attachments

• EVENTLAB - ERRO1.jpg
    EVENTLAB - ERRO1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
  • EVENTLAB - ERRO.jpg
    EVENTLAB - ERRO.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 10
Finally got my first Victory Royale in FH5. Snagged a T3 Audi Quattro before upgrading to an X5M and a Desert Flyer 911 shortly afterwards. Somehow beat a T9 GRX Fiesta by dodging the trees better before finally getting the AMG One after seeing off a Hoonigan Focus. Managed to overhaul a Murcielago in the final race jumping through the fields.

Forza Horizon 5 14_01_2024 00_24_15.png

Finally got my first Victory Royale in FH5. Snagged a T3 Audi Quattro before upgrading to an X5M and a Desert Flyer 911 shortly afterwards. Somehow beat a T9 GRX Fiesta by dodging the trees better before finally getting the AMG One after seeing off a Hoonigan Focus. Managed to overhaul a Murcielago in the final race jumping through the fields.

View attachment 1319077
Congratulations bud 👍

So it looks like these are coming in Series 30;

• 2022 MG7: Available from 22 February
  • 2023 MG Cyberster: Available from 30 January

If we're getting new MG's in this update, can we please at least get the old ones cut from FH4 back.

1966 MG MGB GT
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1938 MG TA Midget

Loved this little thing in FH4, way more interesting in any new MG IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• MG21.png
    MG21.png
    450.2 KB · Views: 9
  • MG6.png
    MG6.png
    178 KB · Views: 11
  • MG5.png
    MG5.png
    442.5 KB · Views: 11
  • MG4.png
    MG4.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 9
  • MG3.png
    MG3.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 10
  • MG2.png
    MG2.png
    499.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MG -1.png
    MG -1.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 9
This looks like a marketing material dedicated for China market. FYI MG Cyberster just launched in China several months ago and it won't be too popular here; MG7 on the other hand, is a fastback 4-door hatchback which is not selling well either - the front fascia is kinda weird to my eyes (promo color is the dark green - matte grey is for better contrast and demostration).
1705384021930.png

1705383964752.png

It does have a Panamera-like foldable active rear spoiler though:
1705384125808.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back