Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,901 comments
What is wrong with PGG sound director ears? Does DBS sound anything like ingame? What a horrible sound file for beautiful V12 ☹️ it sounds more like V8 Vantage

Last edited:
Oh no, this doesn't sound good bud 😥
Someone made a video in September which was heavy on the wallbangers. Perhaps it would have been logical for team Horizon to have watched this before selecting the track. The engines cannae take the strain Cap'n... looks like a case of "Starship - we built this ****-ty".

Last edited:
On the plus side, I really enjoyed the Huayra time trial. The car seems to have plenty of grip compared to my memories of it in FH4 though.

still need to do the Eventlabs... 3 this week...

Someone made a video in September which was heavy on the wallbangers. Perhaps team Horizon should've watched this before selecting the rack. The engines cannae take the strain Cap'n... looks like a case of "Starship - we built this ****-ty".

Oh hell, not looking forward to this.

Oh hell, not looking forward to this.
Oh yeah, it's tons of "fun". I've tried it twice now only for the lead car (Rivian) to take off and leave the rest of us behind, and then when I switched to one of the Extreme E cars from the Mini FE, not only did the lead car (...the mini cooper FE) take off again, but my car kept hitting invisible objects and losing lots of speed. Not the best start.

Last edited:
The only Starship song more recognizable would be the one from Mannequin if I remember correctly.
It is using a v8 sound file
No idea why that was messed up. But it's not likely they will fix it unlike the Z06 a couple of months ago, since they didn't have access to a DBS.

But my gut feeling is that it is just a straight up port from FH4 like UltraViolet (aka SirMoesus) said.

Last edited:
Any tips for gamepad settings?
In FH3, I didn't have to change anything, it was perfect, now is far from it.

I enjoyed Starship Horizon, I thought it was incredibly well made and designed, the floating is clever, and A800 is just about right. I completed it on my first attempt with a tuned Extreme E, once I got used to the idea of taking the corners a bit easy.

Any tips for gamepad settings?
In FH3, I didn't have to change anything, it was perfect, now is far from it.
This is confusing… I find the Gamepad controls in FH3, 4 and 5 practically identical. I drive with stock settings in each game and switch between them effortlessly.

Try switching between normal and sim steering first, or adjusting the deadzone maybe?

I enjoyed Starship Horizon, I thought it was incredibly well made and designed, the floating is clever, and A800 is just about right. I completed it on my first attempt with a tuned Extreme E, once I got used to the idea of taking the corners a bit easy.
I completely agree. I used my Xpeng, and it was plenty. And did you notice the shortcut?

Last edited:
I completely agree. I used my GR86 with the body kit, and it was plenty. And did you notice the shortcut?
So you didn't get inteference from objects below the invisible level?

On one run I had something slowing me down (as if I was running into fences) below the surface on the final "straight", and on the other an AI car smashed into something (which appeared, piled up, similar to the neon gates at the end of the runway) just prior to the mid-circuit "jump" and as a result I wasn't able to actually progress any further - the car just kept getting blocked by an invisible wall. Neither could the AI that "hit" them, nor the rest of them when they came back round the next lap...

Edit: Also got Rami whapping on about Horizon Street Scene at me after I complete the Photo Challenge this week... the game truly does choose the oddest moments to slap in these scripted items from elsewhere.

Last edited:
I could see some sort of wood debris on the start line that I was hitting.

I found the event to be a bit weird but Okay, I got it with my second attempt with the e-tron.

I quite enjoyed the Seoul race.

I had no interference at all on my run. Nor did I see any AI cars have trouble with interference. It’s obviously an issue if it happened to other people, but for whatever reason, it didn’t happen to me.

I wish I could agree with you bud but I personally hope to never see that course again. I just couldn't get around those bloody corners!!! I abused the hell out of the rewind button and had to drive extremely dirty to force a win in the Mini FE.

The rest of this week was easy enough though. Absolutely loving the McLaren MP-12 again.

I'm tired and really hate of under A class tarmac events.
Even my frantically built cars are no match for their cheat AIs with infinite power and grip.
If I wanted a Chevelle, I'd have enough cr to buy a million of them, but in this race I have to keep restarting until their ****** cheats get weaker?

I wish I could agree with you bud but I personally hope to never see that course again. I just couldn't get around those bloody corners!!! I abused the hell out of the rewind button and had to drive extremely dirty to force a win in the Mini FE.

The rest of this week was easy enough though. Absolutely loving the McLaren MP-12 again.
Same experience here. That honestly was the toughest EventLab Playlist event for me in a while.

I got stopped short first time by some kind of plank which floated up from nowhere.

I guess this is what they mean by "beam" me up?

[EDIT] After a few restarts I got tired of all the fuss, so I just dialled the AI down to Space Tourist difficulty just to get the playlist points.

Last edited:
I was so excited for the DBS to come back as it’s one of my all time favourite cars, only for it to have a freaking V8 engine sound.

Like god dammit, all they needed to do was port the engine sound of the V12 Vantages and it would’ve been perfectly fine, but no…

And I don’t have high hopes this gets fixed, since it won’t get the uproar like the Z06 got, so they’ll just leave it like the E46 M3…

They already said on Instagram that they are aware of the sound, itll get fixed by next update.

Attachments

• IMG_9165.png
    IMG_9165.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 9
They already said on Instagram that they are aware of the sound, itll get fixed by next update.

Oh that’s absolutely amazing, thank you for letting me know that :) Fingers crossed they fix it and give it the sound it deserves.

Last edited:
So you didn't get inteference from objects below the invisible level?

On one run I had something slowing me down (as if I was running into fences) below the surface on the final "straight", and on the other an AI car smashed into something (which appeared, piled up, similar to the neon gates at the end of the runway) just prior to the mid-circuit "jump" and as a result I wasn't able to actually progress any further - the car just kept getting blocked by an invisible wall. Neither could the AI that "hit" them, nor the rest of them when they came back round the next lap...

Honestly, no. The only thing I found were those odd strip lights on the floor in the start finish straight, and I saw the AI get caught on something on turn 2. I think I must have got very lucky, or the fact I was driving an Extreme E which doesn't seem to be bothered by colliding with things.

Besides that, I thought the Wipeout-ish floating idea was very clever and would love to know how it's been done.

The Extreme E was the car to choose this time for a change and let it drift round. The Mini FE is a notoriously bad car - lacking power and grip for the rating.

I used an upgraded e-tron GT and had no problems whatsoever, surprised to hear people struggle this badly with it. All of the Eventlab stuff was pretty good this week, I thought.

Latest Posts

Back