Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
Just in time for Christmas :D

I don't know about you guys, but I'm probably gifting my most numbers of cars per week this season, no clue if it helps though...

Last edited:
The trial this week was brutal...at least for me. My M3 wasn't able to keep up with the A.I., much less the other players.

First race, I missed a checkpoint after about 30 seconds of driving...it rewound and rewound and rewound and rewound and it took the entire rest of the race to catch back up to the pack. Usually I'm fast enough that I can recover and even gain a few positions; not this time. Nevertheless, we won on points.

Second race I started in first among the players, but I certainly didn't stay there. A couple of players in AMGs flew past me like I was sitting still at the start, I got banged into a wall by the first A.I. I met while trying to give another player room to pass and a couple more players flew past. What my M3 apparently lacked in power it made up in handling though, and I was able to work my way back up through the pack with some intense driving and, due to one of the players losing it on one of the final turns and plowing into two of the A.I., I was able to finish 2nd. That one was a nailbiter.

Looking forward to getting a second copy of the Porsche 935 this week

Last edited:
My trial was far too easy, because one insanely fast guy decided to back up the AI for us in race 2 (up the mountain) so we finished positions 1-6 ahead of all the AI. The first race was easy enough that he didn't have to, we finished top 4 with a couple of stragglers.

I was lazy and took the M8 stock. Wasn't the fastest, but got 3rd place in both races. Easy to drive, less drifting tendencies than the M5 stock which a couple of others used.

Just in time for Christmas :D

I don't know about you guys, but I'm probably gifting my most numbers of cars per week this season, no clue if it helps though...
I'm always gifting my duplicate cars, so it's no different for me. The one thing I've changed, though, is responding to every gift car sent me. I've been been ignoring them lately, but now that I know people are gifting E-Rays, I've been accepting each one. It's the one car I still need, and I've had zero luck in the auction house.

I was able to run the trial this morning before I had to go to work. I used my AMG A45 and was mid-pack in the first race, but got a third place in the second race. Fortunately we won both races, so it was quick and easy today.

Last edited:
The one thing I've changed, though, is responding to every gift car sent me. I've been been ignoring them lately, but now that I know people are gifting E-Rays, I've been accepting each one. It's the one car I still need, and I've had zero luck in the auction house.

Is it actually possible to receive E-Ray gift cars from other players without owning FM8? I know it's not possible to get the '32 FE or the nail polish Ford GT as they're effectively paid DLC, but I don't know how the E-Ray is set up. Can players who own FM8 buy duplicates of it, or was it a one-off gift? The former would suggest it's classed as a DLC, the latter would suggest that it's just a normal 'hard-to-find' car.

Last edited:
Is it actually possible to receive E-Ray gift cars from other players without owning FM8?
I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd received an E-Ray in a Gift Drop. I think originally you couldn't auction or gift them for the first month after FM8's release, but after the most recent update you now can. I don't think the game has any way of tracking who has or hasn't played when it comes to gifting or buying them off the AH, so you should be good.

Looking at the files, The new Subaru BRZ 2022 got a second bodykit set that is not purchasable in the game. The bodykit is also not on FM8 files. I think the second kit got a wing and hood as well.
Future update possibility?

i can't give any pictures but i can confirm that the kit is
SARD GT1, the kit itself is originally made for GR86
Here’s a photo of it IRL.
IMG_2525.jpeg

So I received and was able to download the AM Valkyrie but still cant get my GMA T.50. Go figure lol smh

Side note: that Valkyrie is an absolute missle that can actually handle. I love it. Theres not too many cars in this game that can match it stock for stock in both straight line speed, grip, braking and sound

Last edited:
that Valkyrie is an absolute missle that can actually handle. I love it. Theres not too many cars in this game that can match it stock for stock in both straight line speed, grip, braking and sound
I think the only thing in-game faster than it that isnt a borderline racing car while stock is the Czinger

How good is this week's Eventlab on top of the volcano? A great little figure 8 track which makes you think of traction as well as speed. Plus it looks bloody gorgeous!!!!
That crossover was less than fun though.

They added ramps for if you don't want to brave collisions though...
Appreciate the effort but they were so far off the racing line I didn't see them until I'd rocketed past them into another smash up.

Last edited:
The ramps could've been placed more centrally but overall I really enjoyed it. I'm a weird kid and enjoy the peril of a cross over on a race track in game.

Thats exactly the car I thought of first that could compete well with the Aston. Then followed by the Huayra R and Essenza SC V12 but the Huayra just dosent have enough top end to hang with the two and the Lambo gets walked by all 3.
I think the only thing in-game faster than it that isnt a borderline racing car while stock is the Czinger

No photo thread, so I will post here; my first 2 screenshots:
...but there does exist a photo thread already. There even exists a photo-related sub-forum. So... I don't know what you mean about there being no photo thread. The photos are pretty nice though.
How good is this week's Eventlab on top of the volcano? A great little figure 8 track which makes you think of traction as well as speed. Plus it looks bloody gorgeous!!!!
I actually had more problems with the 1st corner making me slip outwards and almost miss the checkpoint every time than the crossover. Still fun though, and as you say, reeeallllyyy pretty - it's basically photography heaven.

Back