Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,981 comments
lol, now where's all the people that said it was rigged and we'd get it Christmas?
To be fair, its only another 12/13 days until Christmas which, at the rate of 'gifts sent', means the Valkyrie just happens to line up perfectly. There's no reason to believe the whole thing isn't a set-up; PG would never hear the end of it if the targets were never actually hit and the cars lost until they next said so. This is just a fun incentive for people to gift stuff with a slight FOMO spin on it (though not really).

On a side note, getting lucky with wheelspins and the subsequent rewards meant I've hit the max credit cap, all through legit means! As a bonus, I had a gift drop straight after earning the last bit of money, and what was waiting for me? A Corvette E-Ray! Being a duplicate, I chose to just send it on again and hopefully make someone else happy with it; ironic as I could've shifted it on the AH for good money if I hadn't already hit the goal!

Interestingly:
  1. The rev limit in the T.50 in FH5 is 12k, but it's 12.5k in FM23
  2. They decided to remove any shifting animation in FH5, whereas in FM23 they accidentally put in a paddle shifter animation despite it being a manual-only car
  3. <edit: my mistake, seats look the same in both games>
  4. The switch between downforce and top speed is neat in FH5, not present in FM23

Edit: The GMA T.50 really sticks to the road in FH5, even on stock tyres, although there's a hint of understeer. In comparison to the direct competition (Jesko, One : One, Senna, etc...) it is clearly slower on the straights, but it can brake much later and take considerably more speed through the corners. Fun addition.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen once the season changes... Will they have fixed it by then or are we gonna get the same winter loading screen?
Well we're due to stay in winter for the whole series bud so I reckon it'll stay as it is unfortunately 😟😟😟

The T.50 with a bit of tuning is soooooo grippy. I've added extra aero, lower it, stiffened springs and improved the tyres. Oh and put a turbo on.

I've just gone around The Goliath in 11 minutes and 20 seconds on my first attempt, which for me is fast (I play with automatic gears). I think with a bit of practice I can get sub 11 minutes.

I know there's plenty of far quicker times out there but for me that's fast.

FORZA HORIZON 5 - Twitter (X) / instagram: FAST X EventLab Giveaway

Your very best creations inspired by the cars in the @UniversalPics Fast X Car Pack

- Han’s Mazda RX-7 Race Car toy
- Bryan’s Nissan Skyline Race Car toy
- Daytona Charger R/T Race Car toy ( Monster Truck ) -> FAST 11 SPOILER ( Dante x Doreto ) ??? or more FAST FURIOUS DLC PACK

Winners: Fast X RC Car from Jada Toys

https://www.hobbylinc.com/jada-toys-diecast-model-cars#str_s=fast furious

https://forums.forza.net/t/microsof...takes-submissions-deadline-30-jan-2024/653673

Attachments

• VELOZES RC1.png
    VELOZES RC1.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Today’s daily challenge is called “Avent Calendar.” To get it, I have to unlock a skill mastery in any Aventador. The problem is I already own every Aventador in the game, and I’ve already unlocked every skill mastery in each one. The only thing I can think to do is buy a duplicate Aventador, spend one point to unlock the first skill mastery, and then gift it to someone. That’s a lot of money and trouble for just one point. And yet I’m going to do it.

Today’s daily challenge is called “Avent Calendar.” To get it, I have to unlock a skill mastery in any Aventador. The problem is I already own every Aventador in the game, and I’ve already unlocked every skill mastery in each one. The only thing I can think to do is buy a duplicate Aventador, spend one point to unlock the first skill mastery, and then gift it to someone. That’s a lot of money and trouble for just one point. And yet I’m going to do it.
I lucked in on this last night. One of my Aventadors had a totally blank skill tree. I've filled the skill trees on a lot of cars but I've still got plenty of skill trees to fill. I just don't have the patience to fill every cars tree up, I take my hat off to you Populuxe and anyone else who has done every skill tree.

I've got max credits and have every car (bar the Ford 32 FE controller car and the Opi Ford GT) and that'll do me.

Can anybody help, ive tried to download my GMA T.50 and its not downloading for nothing. I quit and reset FH5 a bunch of times and even reset my xbox twice and still a message keeps popping up that says cant download at this time try again later. Is there a known glitch among some players where they cant download this car?

Can anybody help, ive tried to download my GMA T.50 and its not downloading for nothing. I quit and reset FH5 a bunch of times and even reset my xbox twice and still a message keeps popping up that says cant download at this time try again later. Is there a known glitch among some players where they cant download this car?
Oo-er that's the first I've heard of that problem. You've done everything I would have. Perhaps a reset of your router maybe???

3.4GB patch is available on PC already for me.

Also... I had a really bizarre trial today - In race 1 the AI car I was overtaking for the lead of the race swerved wildly and threw me off the track just before a checkpoint, destroying my race. Race 2 was also strange, with the Winter Wonderland track being used and causing much mayhem - it's not an ideal track for The Trial being so twisty. We still won, though, so no big deal.

The Eventlabs this week were good. Particularly the first one, where the author used original roads but widened them and added banking to give the track a high speed layout - it was really interesting and well thought of.

Last edited:

FH5 Release Notes: December 14th, 2023 (Hotfix)

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

Version Number:

• Xbox One: 2.629.845.0
  • Xbox Series: 3.629.845.0
  • PC: 3.629.845.0
  • Steam: 1.629.845.0
General

• Fixed an issue where Winter Wonderland Stadium decorations are present in Lucha De Carreteras Story blocking progress
  • Fixed an issue where the Winter Seasonal animation is playing at every boot of the game
  • Reduced client crashes caused after the Winter Seasonal Intro
  • Fixed an issue where, on certain occasions, no controls were registered after entering Freeroam

3.4GB patch is available on PC already for me.

Also... I had a really bizarre trial today - In race 1 the AI car I was overtaking for the lead of the race swerved wildly and threw me off the track just before a checkpoint, destroying my race. Race 2 was also strange, with the Winter Wonderland track being used and causing much mayhem - it's not an ideal track for The Trial being so twisty. We still won, though, so no big deal.

The Eventlabs this week were good. Particularly the first one, where the author used original roads but widened them and added banking to give the track a high speed layout - it was really interesting and well thought of.
I've had the AI in Trials ram me for weeks now bud, you've done well to go this long without them trying to wipe you out.

Totally agree with you on the Eventlabs. The one you mention is good, my favourite this week though is 'Marvs' off-road Eventlab. I wish I could remember it's proper name because it made me giggle and Marv has created a great off-road course.

I've had the AI in Trials ram me for weeks now bud, you've done well to go this long without them trying to wipe you out.

Totally agree with you on the Eventlabs. The one you mention is good, my favourite this week though is 'Marvs' off-road Eventlab. I wish I could remember it's proper name because it made me giggle and Marv has created a great off-road course.
I´ve had the AI trying to ram me at almost all of the trials if´ve done this year. Most of the times I got lucky and they missed me. But I had 3-4 races where they deliberately punted me outside of a checkpoint at the beginning so I had to rewind and end up at the back of the pack :banghead:
It´s almost like they have learned too much from human players. Bad human players that is. I even had them swerving into me on a straight.

I found the new eventlabs ok but i really disliked the one with the S2 class track toys at night. Ugh, what a pain in the... 💩

My standard approach to tuning was insufficient this week; I had to cut a few points off the rating to make A800, and I chose Brakes...big mistake. With the way my car handled, I needed all the braking power I could get.

The beginning of the second race of this week's Trial was absolute chaos. The A.I. was all over the place, the players seemed to have forgotten their brakes, everybody hit everybody, repeatedly. Eight cars slammed into the wall on the first turn, eight slammed into the wall on the second turn, eight slammed the wall on the third. It wasn't until halfway through the first lap that everyone got straightened out while the frontrunners shot off ahead.

The A.I. seems to have been particularly erratic the last few weeks; coming up through the pack, I've seen them jerking left and right halfway across the track and even swerving into the wall once or twice when there weren't any players anywhere around them. They did attempt to ram me into the wall around corners three times in the two Trial races I played today...usually it's once in the entire Trial.

I found previously that the AI only swerve really badly at the start, but once they are spread out they race normally. However today was an exception. That AI car was in the lead but swerved a huge amount and punted me hard right into the trees.

Anyway, I've learned my lesson, I will overtake more defensively in future.

This update hasn’t done a damn thing. If anything, it’s gone backwards. I’m getting the “You have too many saves of this type” messages again whenever I try to paint a car. The game has crashed about ten times on me today. I guess it’s back to GTA Online for now.

Last edited:
This update hasn’t done a damn thing. If anything, it’s gone backwards. I’m getting the “You have too many saves of this type” messages again whenever I try to paint a car. The game has crashed about ten times on me today. I guess it’s back to GTA Online for now.
For the first time probably ever my game crashed too as I was trying to see if I can finally download my community reward that everyone else seems to have, the GMA T.50. And still wont let me download it yet smh.

Back