Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,839 comments
Way off topic here but is anyone else having problems with Xbox Achievements registering on their consoles?

Mine are popping but days later and only when I earn another achievement. For example I'm only getting Sunday's achievements registering tonight. On the Xbox mobile app and on TA they pop and show correctly on time. It's only on the Xbox they're broken. The Game Pass achievements aren't registering at all for the daily 5 points.

Not working for me either. I'm trying to get an achievement per day for 2023. I'm on day 340 but it's getting really difficult to track when they don't pop and on most days haven't shown up in my XBox profile.
1701984683123.png

Last edited:
MS needs to get on top of this crashing problem with FH5. Are we seriously getting a repeat of what happened in December 2021?

Someone on fm.net (despite that I hate that forum) reported 4-6 instances of the game crashing and the game failing to load Winter season.

We need to get the word out on this. How did something like this pass through QA? Unreal.

Thank God I got the '62 Continental before all this imploded on itself.

We need to get the word out on this. How did something like this pass through QA? Unreal.
I heard a rumor somewhere, which is not true, that they only do QA in the development environment and do not test on real consoles.

Of course this is just a malicious rumor unless we can find the source, but considering that the Forza series in recent years has been closely associated with massive and fatal bugs, it seems to me that this rumor is not false...

Yesterday, every time I booted up the game (PC) it did the whole 'season change' thing, complete with little voiceover on the map. Everything else seemed to work fine, but I didn't even attempt any of the playlist items yet.

I'm not sure why you guys are suddenly having problems, but it's fine here on PC. I started the game and did the playlist as usual, no strange crashes or anything weird.

I've just done the same photo challenge at dinner time and got the same message from Ramiro 😂😂
Well, at least it's the same for everyone - like the last one I mentioned in this thread.

It happens a lot, and it's becoming more frequent, I find. As are the now-predictable spelling/grammar errors in everything from YouTube video descriptions to Playlist items, and game subtitles.

Today's other bugs: I get the season change music/splash every time I boot up, and both The Trial and Horizon Open kicked me out after one race (fine for Open, a pain in the arse for The Trial as I need those quick points to write the weekly article). Even Quick Resume isn't to blame for these, which it usually is.

Polish is very much a nationality or language at PG, it seems.

I'm getting the season change every time I start the game too.

Me too. Slightly annoying.

I’ve gotten back into Horizon a lot after getting my Series S and not enjoying Motorsport as much as hoped. And just love cruising around in different cars. Very relaxing.

Last edited:
Woo I know this one! Sard MC8-R, or as I'd like to call it, MR2 Pro Max😄View attachment 1309921
View attachment 1309922

Worth noting that the logo pictured comes from the aftermarket parts logos, which does contain all car manufacturers but also all of the licensed upgrade part manufacturers and a ton of unused stuff. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet, especially any further than 'there's a chance PG might add the SARD widebody kit for the current Supra'.

This week's Playlist Land Rover Championship was a total joke.
I raced in an OG Range Rover with the 7.2 Racing V8.
About 1000hp and 1300kg of weight. This machine was designed for balance and acceleration.
The AIs are all the latest Land Rovers. Obviously, it is a heavier car than my Range Rover.
However, when the race started, the top group and even the bottom group were all accelerating like a jet engine with the rear end dipping like a drag machine, leaving me behind. And of course, the corners are the ultimate in grip. Do you think it is fun to be shown such a blatant cheat?

They wrote in Forza Support website that they have no intention of fixing this cheat AI, but I don't want to race in Forza with an cheating AIs that I can visually see is clearly unfair. I didn't choose this game to play Mario Kart...

Had to nope out of the Trial when my controller batteries ran out a little way into the race but I managed to win the reTrial.

No bugs so far except for the season change on startup and Rami telling me I lost control of my drifts when I photoed my car. I'm not sure that one's much of a bug though.

Last edited:
This week's Playlist Land Rover Championship was a total joke.

I enjoy doing the weekly championships as a reason to drive different cars, but I've skipped everything Cross Country for quite some time now and I'm much happier for it.

It's not just the big difficulty spikes, it's also that it's not all that fun to play either - it's full throttle through extremely wide and smooth routes in vehicles that aren't very fast. The handful of tight and twisty circuits are much more fun (the railyard in FH4 is still better than all of them though), but the AI difficulty issues are even more obvious there. More than any other sort of racing, Cross-Country lives and dies by the quality of the map, and FH5's Mexico is the weakest in the series by some margin. It's almost a shame that the car handling was improved in such subtle ways that going back to FH4 is now a step down!

At least we didn't have to try and win Urban Cross Country in one lap like that other time...

I hope Secret Santa doesn't rely on players actually accepting the gifts considering the sheer amount of old tat I've sent through the post. If it weren't for the unsigned option I'd probably end up receiving more hate mail than that Northampton football stadium DJ who accidentally sent over 7,500 people to Whamhalla when he played George Michael by mistake.

Last edited:
That Land Rover championship took some fine tuning of my Defender to actually get 3 wins. The opposition do indeed take off like rocket ships from the start but my little Defender had them in the corners.

Talking of X Country racing, I really enjoyed the off road Eventlab this week. It was great fun.👍

I enjoy doing the weekly championships as a reason to drive different cars, but I've skipped everything Cross Country for quite some time now and I'm much happier for it.

It's not just the big difficulty spikes, it's also that it's not all that fun to play either - it's full throttle through extremely wide and smooth routes in vehicles that aren't very fast. The handful of tight and twisty circuits are much more fun (the railyard in FH4 is still better than all of them though), but the AI difficulty issues are even more obvious there. More than any other sort of racing, Cross-Country lives and dies by the quality of the map, and FH5's Mexico is the weakest in the series by some margin. It's almost a shame that the car handling was improved in such subtle ways that going back to FH4 is now a step down!
I agree completely. FH3 cross country was the most realistic, with only small jumps and generally interesting layouts. FH4 cross country added some silly jumps but I really liked the map and layouts.

In comparison FH5 just never really clicked for me with cross country. Too many huge silly jumps. There are some which are still fun, but I think FH4 wins that by a margin. However FH5 feels way better for road racing, and is about equal with off road dirt tracks.

So in the end, you can play FH4 and FH5 alongside each other. I tend to mostly play cross country and offroad when driving in FH4, and leave the road racing to FH5.

I don't think I'm going back to FH4. I was ok with my tuned Range Rover '15 in cross country this week.
Talking of X Country racing, I really enjoyed the off road Eventlab this week. It was great fun.👍
Yup, that one was a little gem and tailor made for the Colin McCar.

Last edited:
I'm finding that the latest update of FH5 on PC is not agreeing much with the latest Radeon drivers (23.13.1), it was great before, but now I'm having annoying issues here and there: micro stuttering, long loading screens, failure to booth... Ah, the joys of PC gaming.

The latest Nvidia drivers gave some people low frame rates in FH5 too. I'm on slightly older Nvidia drivers which seem to perform fine. I've had no issues since the update either.

I'm finding that the latest update of FH5 on PC is not agreeing much with the latest Radeon drivers (23.13.1), it was great before, but now I'm having annoying issues here and there: micro stuttering, long loading screens, failure to booth... Ah, the joys of PC gaming.
So, check the game files, restart PC, now caught in infinite loop... Sigh, I will reinstall the game from scratch (fortunately I upgraded my Internet connection). I could return to the past Radeon drivers of course, but I need the current ones to play certain blue people game.

Latest Posts

Back