Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,909 comments
So... the fun part here is it pops but doesn't show that it has and doesn't progress.

I did exactly what I said in the weekly article: I got the car, fast-travelled to the crater, drove it a few feet, and took a photo. Chapter 1 and 2 flashed as completed on the screen, but Chapter 3 didn't.

So I flicked back to the Playlist and the dot was still on Chapter 3, but it said "Chapter Completed" at the bottom.
Same here.

Lamborghini is very prominent on that list. Just goes to show that their constant stream of new Lambos has been appreciated.

I wish they could license the McMerc SLR and the Gumpert Apollo, but both are mired in unfortunate history and unlikely. :(
Don't know why Forza is special and can’t license the Mercedes SLR McLaren. Gran Turismo and The Crew have it.

Last edited:
Usually i am more on Motorsport than Horizon nowadays (dont blame me i prefer the physics and the circuit racing) but i was thinking in race more in Horizon

Is there a league or a community of Oval/NASCAR racing in discord or other forums like that? i was thinking in find something but i cant find nowhere, in fact i am prone to make a discord community or something like that if needed

Attachments

• csm_GAC_Empow_ABT_5_965bcf0559.jpg
    csm_GAC_Empow_ABT_5_965bcf0559.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 10
I’m so close to that purrrfect collection badge for 800 unique cars.

This is the first week you can get it if you have all the cars from outside the game.
I took a few weeks off in April/May so I missed out on the badge by a whisker.

Interesting news: GT7 gets Suzuki Jimny in this month's update.

Considering the popularity of the current generation Jimny both in Japan and abroad, and considering that they are a Japanese developer and are relatively active in adding Kei cars, it was certainly expected that they would add Jimny.
However, I expected FH5 to get Jimny/Samurai first when Suzuki Samurai was discovered through data mining...

Considering the popularity of the current generation Jimny both in Japan and abroad, and considering that they are a Japanese developer and are relatively active in adding Kei cars, it was certainly expected that they would add Jimny.
However, I expected FH5 to get Jimny/Samurai first when Suzuki Samurai was discovered through data mining...
I'd love the little Suzuki Swift in game too. Suzuki would be a welcome addition.

I'd love the little Suzuki Swift in game too. Suzuki would be a welcome addition.
Sadly, we could have had it too. That was over 10 years ago.
Had the Suzuki Swift Sport, which was discovered during FM3's data mining, been added to the game, it would still be one of our favorites cheap hot hatch.

Sadly, we could have had it too. That was over 10 years ago.
Had the Suzuki Swift Sport, which was discovered during FM3's data mining, been added to the game, it would still be one of our favorites cheap hot hatch.
I never knew it was discovered in FM3's files. It would definitely be a popular car without a doubt. I'd like the Fiat Panda added too for cross country fun.

I never knew it was discovered in FM3's files. It would definitely be a popular car without a doubt. I'd like the Fiat Panda added too for cross country fun.
They should have had tiny cars years ago for a top gear car soccer multiplayer mode they even used to have in Forza Motorsport. Rocket League blew up since doing it.

Last edited:
So... the fun part here is it pops but doesn't show that it has and doesn't progress.

I did exactly what I said in the weekly article: I got the car, fast-travelled to the crater, drove it a few feet, and took a photo. Chapter 1 and 2 flashed as completed on the screen, but Chapter 3 didn't.

So I flicked back to the Playlist and the dot was still on Chapter 3, but it said "Chapter Completed" at the bottom.
I started with the Porsche at the main festival, drove a yard for the first accomplishment to pop up, took a photo for the second one to pop and then steered my car towards the mountain. While still in the festival, I looked at the playlist and it said that the 3rd chapter was completed but it didn´t pop up for me. So it seems you don´t actually have to drive to the crater :confused:

I took a few weeks off in April/May so I missed out on the badge by a whisker.
I'm two cars short of 800. I know the two I'm missing:

1, The Opi Ford GT (nail polish exclusive car).
2, The 1932 Ford FE (limited edition controller car).

Talking about kei cars, on the files of FH5 there are mention (text strings) of few car brands that make kei cars. It was added to the files sometime after the game release. No mention of Suzuki though.

I'm two cars short of 800. I know the two I'm missing:

1, The Opi Ford GT (nail polish exclusive car).
2, The 1932 Ford FE (limited edition controller car).
I forgot about exclusive cars. I think I'm a long way off.

If they keep dropping extra cars and packs I'm sure that 800 will be within range of more people sooner or later though.

Without the 3 extra cars, the maximum right now is 797. Next week will bring that to 799.

so for those of us who didn't get those 3 extra cars, we will be able to hit 800 cars in 12 days time at the earliest.

Like others driving the Porshe 906 to La Gran Caldera didn't reveal the next step but I managed to complete #Forzathon by doing the Tunnel Run anyway.

The Cross Country Trial against the scum sucking cheating AI was a typically miserable experience though, especially when a third of our team noped out after the first race.

Last edited:
Without the 3 extra cars, the maximum right now is 797. Next week will bring that to 799.

so for those of us who didn't get those 3 extra cars, we will be able to hit 800 cars in 12 days time at the earliest.
I only got the Oreo car as the code was like $1 on eBay. Probably gone up since though.

The Cross Country Trial against the scum sucking cheating AI was a typically miserable experience though, especially when a third of our team noped out after the first race.
This went double if not quadruple for the Wheelie Fun hazard sprint championshionship in Hot Wheels which failed to live up to its name as it took me about a dozen tries in various B-class Modern Rally cars to score a 4th place in the Canyon's Drop event and scrape through to win the 5 points.

It doesn't help that this particular track has multiple drops and water hazards which the AI excel at and human cars don't, nor that they seem to accelerate halfway through and shoot past my car as though tugged on the tautest of invisible rubber bands.

I normally wouldn't go anywhere near Hot Wheels if it weren't for the fact that (as pointed out in this week's rundown) there was only one seasonal championship in regular México thanks to the rotten playlist this week and I despise Open and Seasonal Playground Games events.

Good luck finding a team that knows how to drive B-class SUVs for The Trial, too. Getting that 40 point Merc 280 SL is gonna be a real hassle even with both DLCs and an online sub.

/end rant

Last edited:
I thought the trial was a good balance limited to two cars. The faster defender was superior in the first race and the slower but better handling mini was better in the second. They made an effort.

I won the first try, but off road and SUV’s usually aren’t a good mix online.

I thought the trial was a good balance limited to two cars. The faster defender was superior in the first race and the slower but better handling mini was better in the second. They made an effort.

I won the first try, but off road and SUV’s usually aren’t a good mix online.
I don't think you can change your car though so you're dependent on the other team members bringing a mix of cars and being competent drivers.

We couldn't fully beat the AI in either of the three races but scraped through to win the points.
I normally wouldn't go anywhere near Hot Wheels if it weren't for the fact that (as pointed out in this week's rundown) there was only one seasonal championship in regular México thanks to the rotten playlist this week and I despise Open and Seasonal Playground Games events.
... Yeah, total maths fail on my part and you don't need to run Hot Wheels if you have the rally DLC to get 40 pts with the Trial. Hope nobody notices :dopey:

Last edited:
If I want extra points outside of Mexico, I usually choose the Rally DLC.
This is because all races in Rally DLC are sprints, so I can finish the championship faster than HW and Mexico, and the map design is basically the same as Mexico.

Many of HW expansion's courses are very long, making them time consuming even with S2 or X class cars, and the fact that many are circuit races makes matters worse.
Furthermore, many of HW expansion's races are super high speed circuits, or circuits with super high speed sections. Therefore, it requires cars with extreme upgrades that are not used in the Mexico and Rally DLC maps. So if classes and cars are specified like in the playlist, it takes even more time to build those cars.

For these reasons, I will not return to HW expansion unless absolutely necessary...

If I want extra points outside of Mexico, I usually choose the Rally DLC.
This is because all races in Rally DLC are sprints, so I can finish the championship faster than HW and Mexico, and the map design is basically the same as Mexico.

Many of HW expansion's courses are very long, making them time consuming even with S2 or X class cars, and the fact that many are circuit races makes matters worse.
Furthermore, many of HW expansion's races are super high speed circuits, or circuits with super high speed sections. Therefore, it requires cars with extreme upgrades that are not used in the Mexico and Rally DLC maps. So if classes and cars are specified like in the playlist, it takes even more time to build those cars.

For these reasons, I will not return to HW expansion unless absolutely necessary...
I'd delete it to save space but Ultimate Edition refuses to start unless both DLCs are installed.
Can someone please post a screenshot with their gamepad settings?
c91e6943-fb42-4647-a706-aa794dd9def2.png

This went double if not quadruple for the Wheelie Fun hazard sprint championshionship in Hot Wheels which failed to live up to its name as it took me about a dozen tries in various B-class Modern Rally cars to score a 4th place in the Canyon's Drop event and scrape through to win the 5 points.

It doesn't help that this particular track has multiple drops and water hazards which the AI excel at and human cars don't, nor that they seem to accelerate halfway through and shoot past my car as though tugged on the tautest of invisible rubber bands.

Good luck finding a team that knows how to drive B-class SUVs for The Trial, too. Getting that 40 point Merc 280 SL is gonna be a real hassle even with both DLCs and an online sub.

/end rant
Oo-er not looking forward to HW World now bud. I've completed everything this week bar the DLC content.

I got on all right with The Trial. I went with a tuned LR Defender 110 X and so thankfully did my team mates. We won the first two events easily.

The Mercedes 280 SL is in my garage, repainted and ready for a day of cruising the map in tomorrow.

Back