Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,176 comments
Is it just me or are these sporty EVs boring as you-know-what? The Ioniq 5 is very nice to drive but God, without any sound it's so lifeless. I'd hate to think when motorsports switch to all electric how boring a spectacle that would be.
They are indeed boring. Incredibly boring. Not a fan of the styling either.

Uh, you wanna take another pass at that sentence, PG?
View attachment 1369559
Misspellings and typos are just something that happens to everyone.

Also, I wanted to bring some hubris about the Universal Icons car pack, as well as finally getting a KITT rather than getting ripped off years ago. Yes, we know the pack is overpriced for five cars, especially if they went the extra mile of including all the BTTF DeLoreans (which are all debadged). Should it be a wait for a sale, since I quit playing the game due to instability issues of the Series S and, I am hoping to get a Series X come Christmas.

About KITT, Yes I have read comments about it and it looks great. On to the story then. About six years ago when I was on Forzacentral, there were comments from summer 2018 about a fake Forza Motorsport 7 car pack containing content related to the whole Gumball 3000 saga. I would tell you the so-called pack was totally fake because it had cars that already existed in the game, including a pretuned Firebird with a KITT livery, and of course it had a Toyota Supra in it (Remember that during that time Toyota had licensing issues, so that's why they weren't in FM7). There was even a video about it but I think it got taken down. Don't know if it was true but that was the story on Forzacentral.

”I’ve done what I can, but you’re going to have to take it back to 1985 for some more permanent repairs.”
422b0541-473d-4562-a2a5-ddc032007968.png

Oh yeah, don't get me started on the styling 🤣 Kia and Hyundai electric vehicles in particular look very ugly.
I dunno. The newly revealed Hyundai Casper Electric / Inster looks pretty quirky and cool, AND has lots of physical buttons!
IMG_8119.jpeg

Please bring it to Forza, and include battery swaps from the Porsche Mission R and the Rimac Nevera. That would be great!

Misspellings and typos are just something that happens to everyone.

Also, I wanted to bring some hubris about the Universal Icons car pack, as well as finally getting a KITT rather than getting ripped off years ago. Yes, we know the pack is overpriced for five cars, especially if they went the extra mile of including all the BTTF DeLoreans (which are all debadged). Should it be a wait for a sale, since I quit playing the game due to instability issues of the Series S and, I am hoping to get a Series X come Christmas.

About KITT, Yes I have read comments about it and it looks great. On to the story then. About six years ago when I was on Forzacentral, there were comments from summer 2018 about a fake Forza Motorsport 7 car pack containing content related to the whole Gumball 3000 saga. I would tell you the so-called pack was totally fake because it had cars that already existed in the game, including a pretuned Firebird with a KITT livery, and of course it had a Toyota Supra in it (Remember that during that time Toyota had licensing issues, so that's why they weren't in FM7). There was even a video about it but I think it got taken down. Don't know if it was true but that was the story on Forzacentral.
I must respectfully disagree with you bud about your spelling and typos comment.

Whilst I'm no grammar nazi, it does annoy me when professional companies and news outlets fail to use The Kings English correctly.

Yes we all as individuals make mistakes (I make my fair share too). However, any professional body that wishes to communicate with their chosen audience should really take the time and effort to do so correctly. Not only does it help their audience process the information easily and quickly, it also portrays the communicator in a positive and professional light I feel.

Wiv out dis cair + atentshun 2 detale communehcashun can bee oarfull.

Whilst I'm no grammar nazi, it does annoy me when professional companies and news outlets fail to use The Kings English correctly.
I agree with everything you wrote but suspect one of the syntax schutzstaffel (or perhaps, more correctly, the punctuation panzer brigade) will be along shortly with one of those apostrophes on a stick to hold in front of "King's".

Of course it's irrelevant as you and I don't write these messages for a living but PG should really quit leaving the job to the tea person, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you wrote but suspect one of the syntax schutzstaffel (or, perhaps more correctly, the punctuation panzer brigade) will be along shortly with one of those apostrophes on a stick to hold in front of "King's".

Of course it's irrelevant as you and I don't write these messages for a living but PG should really quit leaving the job to the tea person, in my opinion.
Told you I make mistakes bud. Good spot 👍.

Your last paragraph is spot on. An extra few minutes spent to proof read and correct when necessary any post or in game message by a professional shouldn't be too large a request.

How was your trip bud?

I must respectfully disagree with you bud about your spelling and typos comment.

Yes we all as individuals make mistakes (I make my fair share too). However, any professional body that wishes to communicate with their chosen audience should really take the time and effort to do so correctly. Not only does it help their audience process the information easily and quickly, it also portrays the communicator in a positive and professional light I feel.

Wiv out dis cair + atentshun 2 detale communehcashun can bee oarfull.

I agree with everything you wrote but suspect one of the syntax schutzstaffel (or perhaps, more correctly, the punctuation panzer brigade) will be along shortly with one of those apostrophes on a stick to hold in front of "King's".

Dammit, I was just typing up this reposte... :lol:

I think there's a difference between the odd speeling or grammar mistake and something like that quoted text which is utterly appalling. When you're publishing to thousands of people, more care is essential. Effectively, that quoted post isn't one error, it's thousands because so many people will see it.

Unlike my errors which are in posts that only 2 people ever read... :lol:

Hope everyone's enjoying their Yarises! I'm out of town as of this Tuesday, so I won't actually be able to get mine until I come back next week, but I'll absolutely be able to do that without skipping its playlist, so that's nice.

Since it's the halfway point of the Series, I figured it was high time to put together some early predictions for Café Horizon--or Horizon Cars and Coffee, as the case might be. Now, this is actually a pretty broad title; unlike Modern Horizons, where the whole 'future legends' theme was staring me in the face the entire time, this is genuinely super wide ranging. I know people are hoping for kei cars but... Let me put it this way, if PG doesn't add more than five cars in this coming Series Playlist I'm gonna be disappointed. It's just got that 'big car update' feeling to it, y'know?

That being said, one thing I am sure of is the involvement of Donut Media. I believe we're at least going to get a car pack themed after them, so let's start with that and get it out of the way.

Donut Media Car Pack ($4.99)
1998 BMW 328i "Money Pit"
1994 Mazda Miata "Money Pit"
2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner "High Truck"
2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner "Low Truck"

Hypothetically, if they wanted to add a little more value to the pack, and a higher price--which they will-- they could also add the HiLow WRXes, but I'm just going off what we know they scanned.

As for the Playlist... I only really have two cars firmly in my head for this. One is the Hennessy Venom 1200 they accidentally leaked, one is the Bentley Flying Spur. I'm thinking they might go for weight and speed in this update, cars that can shift a lot of coffee, but between those two I don't know which would be headline material or even which one would be a good Series reward. I'm leaning towards the Venom being our Series reward, and the Flying Spur as our headliner, but at this point there's too many variables to make a clear decision on playlist content, especially in a possibly large car update like this.

I remember when it started going around, my parents had it worse than me. I was minor with a fuzzy head and runny nose.
I've only had it once thankfully. The virus itself only presented itself as a mild cold with me. However, it was a fair few weeks until I was fully fit again. The tiredness and lethargy were a bugger to shift.

I am classed as vulnerable under the NHS though, so I qualify for the innoculation jabs. I was born with a hole in the heart (fixed now).

Back to the game. That Yaris is a bit special isn't it? Between the Yaris, KITT and the 1885 Delorean I'm having a great time hooning around Mexico right now.

I've only had it once thankfully. The virus itself only presented itself as a mild cold with me. However, it was a fair few weeks until I was fully fit again. The tiredness and lethargy were a bugger to shift.

I am classed as vulnerable under the NHS though, so I qualify for the innoculation jabs. I was born with a hole in the heart (fixed now).

Back to the game. That Yaris is a bit special isn't it? Between the Yaris, KITT and the 1885 Delorean I'm having a great time hooning around Mexico right now.
My whole family was Covid struck at some point in 2022. I kept barfing and couldn't sleep and as soon as I'd get up I would get brain zaps that would confuse me to a point where I would almost fall when I was standing. It lasted 2-3 weeks. Early on I was panicking like someone who was addicted.

They say what doesn't end someone makes them stronger, especially in that case where my whole family built up immunity with meds and having had it.

Last edited:
So, aside from the gauge cluster changing colors, is there an actual difference between Sport and Track mode on the Yaris? I didn't feel anything different switching between modes, unlike the AMG One and the Mach-E for instance. It's heaps of fun either way, and easily one of the best addition to the game.

Last edited:
I think the GR Yaris is the only car I'll regret missing out on this season. I'll keep an eye on the Auction House when I get back to England.

The Toyota GR Yaris can be an absolute monster when you tune it right, especially with the Rocket Bunny body kit. Almost close to the peak of S1 class at 897PP, and for a three cylinder, it makes an incredible 626hp (208.66hp per cylinder) when fully upgraded.

This will prove to be an incredibly popular car indeed, and it's no secret that it was a highly-requested one.

I think the GR Yaris is the only car I'll regret missing out on this season. I'll keep an eye on the Auction House when I get back to England.
Can't you subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate for a month and play FH5 via xCloud? Even using the keyboard on a simple laptop should get you 20 points if you pick the right events (eventlab, photo op, etc...)

Can't you subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate for a month and play FH5 via xCloud? Even using the keyboard on a simple laptop should get you 20 points if you pick the right events (eventlab, photo op, etc...)
I don't have a laptop nor access to one.

So, aside from the gauge cluster changing colors, is there an actual difference between Sport and Track mode on the Yaris?

I believe the torque split should move from 50/50 front/rear to 30/70 like the real thing. I don't know if LSD upgrades will override it though (as they have their own customisable torque split).

Back