Forza Horizon 5 Series 37: High Performance Dailies

• Thread starter pclark06
  • 87 comments
I'm quite chuffed with the cars in this update.
I think I agree with the theme, even if it's clearly much more fillery than usual. I was going down the pathway of "this is performance you can find every day in your garage", which I guess is true for the Durango and TRD Camry. But what they went with, "daily drivers with a bit more horsepower than usual", definitely fits into the whole "here's one theme and now here's the opposite of that theme" schema they've had going all year.

In comparison to the high rarity cars we saw last month, here are the production numbers for all the cars we're getting here:

4th Gen Ford Focus: One million cars sold from 2018-2023 across all regions. (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
7th Gen Ford Fiesta: ~990,000 cars sold from 2017-2023 across all regions. (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
Toyota Camry XV70 (I think?): ~2,500,000 cars sold from 2017-2023 across all regions (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
3rd Gen Dodge Durango (post-facelift): ~900,000 cars sold from 2014-2023 across all regions (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)

These are not very rare cars at all, and blow even the highest production car we got in Cars and Coffee, the Mazda Miata, out of the water. Every single one of these can be found on the road somewhere, mostly in the United States and Europe, on any given day. What we're seeing are just the highest performance trims of these cars.

• 4 Permanent Road Race Routes
    • Available on Rivals and Horizon Open from August 12 and will be appearing on the world map starting from August 15
So the bolded bit is a lie. You can actually enter these new races at any time after the update is installed.

Just to note from the livestream, looks like PG did an oopsie and showcased the Hyundai I30 with the Prior Design bodykit which is not obtainable in the game currently.

jubpixb7e9id1.png

My Game Pass expired last week, and I can't play this now..

..I don't think I care. :)

I feel better actually, now that I'm temporarily, financially unable to play this creature of torment. It's a weight lifted of my back. Maybe when Forza Horizon 6 or Motorsport 9 (..wait) come out it might be fun to play, with all the...
I think I agree with the theme, even if it's clearly much more fillery than usual. I was going down the pathway of "this is performance you can find every day in your garage", which I guess is true for the Durango and TRD Camry. But what they went with, "daily drivers with a bit more horsepower than usual", definitely fits into the whole "here's one theme and now here's the opposite of that theme" schema they've had going all year.

In comparison to the high rarity cars we saw last month, here are the production numbers for all the cars we're getting here:

4th Gen Ford Focus: One million cars sold from 2018-2023 across all regions. (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
7th Gen Ford Fiesta: ~990,000 cars sold from 2017-2023 across all regions. (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
Toyota Camry XV70 (I think?): ~2,500,000 cars sold from 2017-2023 across all regions (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)
3rd Gen Dodge Durango (post-facelift): ~900,000 cars sold from 2014-2023 across all regions (Source: goodcarbadcar.net)

These are not very rare cars at all, and blow even the highest production car we got in Cars and Coffee, the Mazda Miata, out of the water. Every single one of these can be found on the road somewhere, mostly in the United States and Europe, on any given day. What we're seeing are just the highest performance trims of these cars.
...cars that are still totally going to be worth 20 million on the Auction House, which will eventually be available in some better system once they don't care anymore, when the game comes off Game Pass, and there's no more reason for FOMO and constant play incentives.

Let's see how exactly Horizon 4 will be handled, though, before getting our hopes up too much.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: The Daily Show

The latest Forza Horizon 5 series begins today, marking the start of a four-week stretch of events and rewards mainly centering on cars you can drive quickly every day of the week...

Kinda missed oportunity to not have FL5 Type R and newer generation of AMG A-Class in game with this theme but i do believe they are saving some models for new Motorsport or new Horizon game.

Last edited:
Kinda missed oportunity to not have FL5 Type R and newer generation of AMG A-Class in game with this theme but i do believe they are saving some models for new Motorsport or new Horizon game.
I'm betting it's because there was a subtle price point criterion for all the cars here. Like, except for the Durango Hellcat coming in at a hefty $100,000, all of the cars they added are basically entry-level performance cars you also would see on the road every day because they're so common. The A-Class wouldn't count, unfortunately, being a luxury performance car.

No idea what's happening with the FL5, Honda's the last manufacturer you'd expect to dip from a live service game like this.

Has anyone any tips for the Hot Wheels speed trap? I don't think I have ever gone that fast in FH5, let alone in an S1 car...

Has anyone any tips for the Hot Wheels speed trap? I don't think I have ever gone that fast in FH5, let alone in an S1 car...
A stock Porsche Taycan S "Welcome Pack" did it for me on a first try. I know it's an exclusive car and not readily available to everyone. If you don't have it, Geistwriter at official Forza forums has done research for other options. As a disclaimer, I haven't tried any of these out.

Hot Wheels Dragon’s Fall Speed Trap Tunes:

Autozam AZ-1 // 139 181 158
BMW M3-GTR // 985 010 296
BMW M8 // 175 731 278
Corvette E-Ray // 157 071 493
FF Dodge Redeye // 727 082 504
Mustang Spec 5 // 158 336 083
Mustang GT500 '20 // 428 704 593
Mustang GT350 // 876 232 356
Lynk 05+ // 742 809 901
Benz Hammer // 134 759 743
Nissan R35 Black // 939 955 267
Nissan R35 '17 // 118 157 324
Porsche 911 Carrera S // 489 945 356
Porsche Taycan Turbo // 729 099 901
Toyota GR Supra // 104 263 576

A stock Porsche Taycan S "Welcome Pack" did it for me on a first try. I know it's an exclusive car and not readily available to everyone. If you don't have it, Geistwriter at official Forza forums has done research for other options. As a disclaimer, I haven't tried any of these out.

Hot Wheels Dragon’s Fall Speed Trap Tunes:

Autozam AZ-1 // 139 181 158
BMW M3-GTR // 985 010 296
BMW M8 // 175 731 278
Corvette E-Ray // 157 071 493
FF Dodge Redeye // 727 082 504
Mustang Spec 5 // 158 336 083
Mustang GT500 '20 // 428 704 593
Mustang GT350 // 876 232 356
Lynk 05+ // 742 809 901
Benz Hammer // 134 759 743
Nissan R35 Black // 939 955 267
Nissan R35 '17 // 118 157 324
Porsche 911 Carrera S // 489 945 356
Porsche Taycan Turbo // 729 099 901
Toyota GR Supra // 104 263 576
Thanks. I tried the Taycan WP yesterday, but I was about 20 km/h short. I'll drop the tune to default and try again.

Yeah, I had very little trouble doing it with a Taycan (upgraded to take the Daily Challenge too), though IIRC there's a 299mph speed cap in Hot Wheels besides the air boost gates.

If you're struggling with the Treasure Hunt, mine triggered when I reached the very southern section of Playa Tranquila beach at the point where the dotted orange off-road path meets the main road just north of Playa Azul. I've heard of Playa Azul being the trigger for others too. The chest isn't hard to find but:

1725022735102.png

I used a M4 GTS as my project car, assuming the goal was 'upgrade your car for speed.' I ended up having to engine swap it, as the stock engine was always 10 MPH below the target, but it got the job done.

Yeah, I had very little trouble doing it with a Taycan (upgraded to take the Daily Challenge too), though IIRC there's a 299mph speed cap in Hot Wheels besides the air boost gates.

It's an artificial aerodynamic drag increase at exactly 300mph which is present on all four maps, something like quadruple the drag. The boost gates I believe just reduce drag, which is why it's less effective through them.

There are also two exceptions to it - the Pro Stock Camaro has it set at circa 280mph to stop it having silly top speeds, and the Venom F5 has it set at 313mph so that it can manage the advertised over-300mph top speed.

I think FH4 had it too, but set up to come in much more gradually at a lower speed like 265mph, since that was fine before the Jesko came along. I've not seen that documented in as much detail as in FH5 though.

Well, I don't know with what miracle did you guys do it with the stock Taycan WP, but the stock tune didn't work, and I tried.
At the bottom of the descent, just before the photo trap, the suspension bottoms out and I lose 30 km/h / 20 mph.

It worked only after I put rally suspension on it.

At the bottom of the descent, just before the photo trap, the suspension bottoms out and I lose 30 km/h / 20 mph.

It worked only after I put rally suspension on it.

That's a good point actually - a lot of these Hot Wheels speed traps are much more difficult at higher framerates, as the car clips into the ramps. There's one in particular just after a loop that basically needs maximum ride height and a lot of suspension stiffness to avoid losing speed. A useful trick is to leave the car in a drivable state coming up to it, then just before the point it'd scrape, crank the suspension right up in the pause menu.

TIL that Horizon doesn't consider the Levante to be a Maserati...

Edit: TIL the test track is an event you enter and not just a landmark icon.

244e0eec-1d54-4e08-9624-aa43f48cd515.png

Last edited:
VXR
TIL that Horizon doesn't consider the Levante to be a Maserati...

Edit: TIL the test track is an event you enter and not just a landmark icon.

View attachment 1385748
Yes, nothing registers until you enter the test track. I've shortened the articles recently but it's in there 😁

Yes, nothing registers until you enter the test track. I've shortened the articles recently but it's in there 😁
Yes, but the game just says photo of any Maserati. I also went through all of them before I opened the playlist, where it said it has to be in the test track. 😄

Last edited:
I've never been able to exceed 300mph on the Hot Wheels map, the game just won't let me. Yet I've topped 300mph in Mexico and on the Rally map.

I've never been able to exceed 300mph on the Hot Wheels map, the game just won't let me. Yet I've topped 300mph in Mexico and on the Rally map.
You'll have to get rally suspensions to help with the suspension bottoming out on some cars. I had very similar issues with some of the seasonal speed traps, even before this one, that required supercars or some such high speed car to complete.

You'll have to get rally suspensions to help with the suspension bottoming out on some cars. I had very similar issues with some of the seasonal speed traps, even before this one, that required supercars or some such high speed car to complete.
I've completed this week's Speed Trap easy enough bud, and all others on the Hot Wheels map ages ago. I was just saying I've never been able to go past 300 mph on the Hot Wheels map.

Cheers though 👍

Back